Code of Conduct

Default Creed Royal exclusives consistency?

Since they are 545$ for a 75ml they should be, but do they vary from batch to batch like the rest of their lineup?
    I absolutely love Spice and Wood and have bought decants of it over the fall and winter instead of a full bottle because for that price, i better get what i expect.
    No, im not trying to start a conversation about Creed's inconsistency. Just if i'm gambling buying a full bottle.
    Your input on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Royal exclusives consistency?

The are consistently amazing yes. Definitely worth purchasing.

Basenotes Plus

I’d shop around for a better price. I purchased a 250ml Spice & Wood spray tester for far less than that. With Creed, the biggest difference I’ve seen in batches has been Aventus. Namely from the original batch to everything afterwards. Most other fragrances are in the same vein but with different aspects highlighted more than other. Also, there are some reported longevity issues with certain batches. I’d recommend to read up on the fragrance you’re interested in, and try not to get sucked into any hype about batches. Then shop around. I don’t know your wardrobe/inventory but you may even be able to swap for what you want. Good luck!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

You need to do the following -

1. Ignore hype/marketing as background noise.
    2. Stop reading up about batches as we all know how subjective and circumstantial these things can be.
    3. Shop around for a much better price. I know members bought those 75ml for around 220 usd from Costco when these were on sale.
    4. Evaluate the bottle that you buy/get on its own merit. If you don't like it, sell/swap it. If you like it, wear it.

I think your 'gamble' is worth it if you can buy it at a good price from a legitimate source. Chasing some dream batch is just a waste of time. Better/more interesting things to chase in life.

Just my $0.02.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    You need to do the following -

1. Ignore hype/marketing as background noise.
    2. Stop reading up about batches as we all know how subjective and circumstantial these things can be.
    3. Shop around for a much better price. I know members bought those 75ml for around 220 usd from Costco when these were on sale.
    4. Evaluate the bottle that you buy/get on its own merit. If you don't like it, sell/swap it. If you like it, wear it.

I think your 'gamble' is worth it if you can buy it at a good price from a legitimate source. Chasing some dream batch is just a waste of time. Better/more interesting things to chase in life.

Just my $0.02.
    Good points but the key word there is legitimate source. The only legitimate sources are Creed boutique or authorized vendors such as Neiman Marcus.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    The only legitimate sources are Creed boutique or authorized vendors such as Neiman Marcus.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    The only legitimate sources are Creed boutique or authorized vendors such as Neiman Marcus.
    Does that statement mean any other source should be considered fake or bad product?

OP, if you do decide to go through Creed Boutique (which there’s nothing wrong at all with doing) I’d recommend researching various ways of acquiring a ‘legitimate’ bottle from France and from Creed. Creed has raped the US market for many years on pricing. I’m a fanboy of Creed fragrances but with a little homework an individual can go into a purchase with eyes wide open.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Junkie

You can get it a lot cheaper here https://noseparis.com/en/spice-and-wood
    They also offer delivery withing 2-3 days.
    If you are not a member - I can send you a referral invitation, in that way I'll get free samples from your purchase, if you don't mind

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Just if i'm gambling buying a full bottle.
    Your input on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    You're not. Just shop around for the best price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    You can get it a lot cheaper here https://noseparis.com/en/spice-and-wood
    They also offer delivery withing 2-3 days.
    If you are not a member - I can send you a referral invitation, in that way I'll get free samples from your purchase, if you don't mind
    Pretty cheap, allthough with the import taxes it will end up the same as retail. Thanks for the advice though.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Pretty cheap, allthough with the import taxes it will end up the same as retail. Thanks for the advice though.
    Norway has no trade deal with EU?! O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Norway has no trade deal with EU?! O_o
    Some, but this isn't one of them sadly.

Freed from BN Institution

Personally I didn't think the Royal Exclusives were good compared to many of their other offerings, wasn't good then and isn't good now. Regardless $545 is a steep price to pay. There's many other ways to acquiring a genuine bottle for significantly less.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Personally I didn't think the Royal Exclusives were good compared to many of their other offerings, wasn't good then and isn't good now. Regardless $545 is a steep price to pay. There's many other ways to acquiring a genuine bottle for significantly less.
    They 're only $279 if you buy them abroad.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

IMO, you're not gambling on Creed if you've already sampled it and like it. I've never run into any inconsistency and I have owned more than one bottle of two different fragrances (Original Vetiver & Green Irish Tweed) and have samples of many others that I own bottles of. The only difference I've observed is better scent with 'age' (ie, maceration). I consider Creed fragrances a long-term investment in pleasure. It's one of the few things I spent big money on that has only gotten better over time.