Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday, 18th June, 2019

Montale Spicy Aoud

montalespicyaoud50mlpicture.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: V.O. by Jean Marc Sinan

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sillage Monster

Hello all,

I’m wearingOud Ispahan again today. I’m not getting tired of it, at all. True love.

Have a good day.
    July Picks

Russian Tea, Salome, Satori, Cryptic, Vermilion Promise, Leather Up, The Calling, Obscure Oud

Hello everyone Sotd was Dune . N.Cal, congrats on 35ks . Quite impressive Twolf, happy birthday

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Twolf and Happy Belated Birthday Bavard!

Trilby Lark - it was very nice meeting you yesterday and I had such a wonderful time. Hopefully there weren’t too many eye-rollers at the coffee shop seeing our occasional wrist sniffing. Lol.

Quarry - Glad to be your enabler.

Thanks Mike and Jon.

Congrats on your posting milestone N.CAL and have a great day everyone.

Edit - Oud Ispahan was amazing on you Trilby Lark as if it was custom made just for you. Kudos to ExtremeK for being such a great enabler

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin tonight
    One if by land...two if by sea...three if by air....
    Mike I'm Erika Grate , a Djin!--Or a Nym?

Mojito Chypre by Pierre Guillaume

Currently wearing: El Paso by Lomani

Pawing through the Chicago samples looking for something to put on top of this morning's Civet. Patchouli Absolu is either a very dirty leather/patch or the Civet + patch is more than the sum of the parts. I am liking this.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Hey, I'm twins with Hazel5! I'm in Thé Vert too. Really enjoying it tonight; I hadn't worn it in a long time. I'd forgotten how mossy it is (or was? My bottle is pretty old).

Congrats to N.Cal on the milestone! Congrats to foxbins on your warm butt!

Twolf, if you're reading, Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Twolf! Hope you check in to see this.

N.Cal - Congrats on your posting milestone!

Foxbins - I hope you have more of your Patchouli Absolu sample to try on another day!

My day scent was Eau Rose by Diptyque & my evening scent was Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm sampling Eau de Nyonya by Auphorie today. More thoughts to come in the usual thread, but this is an unusual & extraordinarily well-balanced gourmand-oriental. N.CAL, have you tried this one?
    It's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    like a warm butt in the morning.
    Yes, warm butts rock my world as well---not so much in the morning as at 2am. But, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    If it's something you use daily, it can't be totally frivolous. Shycat, can you verify that rationale?
    Now that I've seen the butt in question live and in person....what need to rationalize? A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

My mind is racing with butt jokes.

Holy Cats, shy-mind. Can we move on now??? Perhaps back to the dress success? Three little tucks and the bodice now fits like a glove--undergarments and the body parts they restrain remain....under.

Sotd for me is vintage Etro Vetiver. Perhaps it will attract a stack of wood.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Between two pine trees

Default SOTD: Tuesday, 18th June, 2019

I was going to encourage myself to avoid butt jokes, but Shycat made by best intentions go “poof,” much like a ... well, never mind.

Foxbins, I support your butt warmer and whatever happy memories of your travels it may encourage at 1:00 am or otherwise.

And I’m now intrigued by the Civet/Patchouli Absolu combination. Is that the Tom Ford sample? On its own, it about scorched my nostrils (Mike, you should try it if you haven’t, given your Serge Noire love ). Does the Civet smooth it out?

I went big tonight in Delina Exclusif, another Chicago purchase and the only full bottle I have with an oud note.

I find it fascinating that 2 of the very few notes I mostly can’t wear are aldehydes and oud, at pretty much complete opposite ends of the olfactory spectrum.

Freed from BN Institution

Sampling for the first time ever vintage Diorama this evening.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    And I’m now intrigued by the Civet/Patchouli Absolu combination. Is that the Tom Ford sample? On its own, it about scorched my nostrils (Mike, you should try it if you haven’t, given your Serge Noire love ). Does the Civet smooth it out?
    Yes, it's the TF sample. It started out "pow!" but has quieted down considerably. It's odd because on my left wrist, it's quite sweet and very tame, while on the right it's leathery, kind of incensy, and animalic. I think I'll wear it again tomorrow without the Civet to see what it's like on its own.

You smell great in that Delina. I'm holding off on wearing my Chicago purchases until I get through the samples. It's my new resolution after getting rid of almost all my samples in Chicago. No more overflowing little dishes, bubble bags, small boxes, and random vials rolling along the top of the vanity.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Vetiver Extraordinaire
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread