Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interlude Man

24 61.54%
  • Epic Man

15 38.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Interlude Man vs Epic Man *Amouage*

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I liked this analogy with the length of movies - hadn't seen this perspective before. I'm going to steal it
    THIEF!!!

Make sure you click that link. It's hilarious. Somebody protested the BBC film censorship board's fees by making a film of paint drying. The film was TEN HOURS LONG - a ten hour shot of paint drying on a wall - and the film censorship board had to watch and officially rate it. HILARIOUS!

It's a perfect analogy for people who care how long a scent lasts but don't seem to care what it actually smells like. Then again, maybe they'd find a ten hour movie showing paint drying to be riveting. Who knows.

Also, every time I read one of your enthusiastic posts about Interlude, it makes me want to go out and try it. Again.
    I'm a huge fan, but it's not an easy scent to wear. I own a 100ml non-magnetic cap bottle & I've thought about selling it, but every time I come back to it, I realize how amazing it is.

If I don't think about the notes, the oregano seems like more of a green mint, and it doesn't seem weird at all. It's really great stuff.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Interlude Man perhaps my favorite from the house. Dynamite longevity.
    Currently wearing: Oud Monarch by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I voted for Interlude because I enjoy it more, but both are very high quality. The way to judge which is "better" is to smell them both and let your nose decide which smell you enjoy more.

Which is better: Pizza with mushrooms or pizza with olives? I hate olives. A friend of mine hates mushrooms. Smells work the same way. Different people enjoy different things.

That being said... as for performance, there aren't many scents by any house that beat Interlude. It's a 24 hour beast. I can only wear 2 sprays, and my bottle has the weakest sprayer of anything I own. It barely puts out any juice! And yet, 2 sprays are enough for 24 hours. Actually, I have no idea how long Interlude really lasts because I bathe. If you don't take a shower or a bath the next day, I'd bet it goes 48 friggin' hours.

I think it's strange when people care more about performance than smell though. That's like judging movies by how long they are instead of whether or not you enjoy them.
    It's not that people care more about longevity than smell, rather, they consider longevity as a part of the fragrance and the value for money of a fragrance. If it was a movie or TV series that you really like, you would want it to go on for as long as possible at as least cost as possible. So, the analogy is incorrect.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    It's not that people care more about longevity than smell, rather, they consider longevity as a part of the fragrance and the value for money of a fragrance. If it was a movie or TV series that you really like, you would want it to go on for as long as possible at as least cost as possible. So, the analogy is incorrect.
    I disagree. I think the analogy fits perfectly. Think about how often we see posts asking for recommendations that are beast mode & they don't ask about - or even seem to care about - smell. It's nutty. All you have to do is smell the stuff that's flooding designer counters these days and you can't help noticing harsh chemicals being used in order to boost performance. Perfumers literally make scents smell worse in order to boost performance.

I value performance too. If a scent won't last at least 6 hours, I won't buy it. But if it doesn't smell good, it doesn't matter how nuclear the performance is. We're talking about fragrance. The smell should matter most.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Basenotes Junkie

Which is better: Pizza with mushrooms or pizza with olives? I hate olives. A friend of mine hates mushrooms. Smells work the same way. Different people enjoy different things.

That being said... as for performance, there aren't many scents by any house that beat Interlude. It's a 24 hour beast. I can only wear 2 sprays, and my bottle has the weakest sprayer of anything I own. It barely puts out any juice! And yet, 2 sprays are enough for 24 hours. Actually, I have no idea how long Interlude really lasts because I bathe. If you don't take a shower or a bath the next day, I'd bet it goes 48 friggin' hours.
    I liked this analogy with the length of movies - hadn't seen this perspective before. I'm going to steal it

Also, every time I read one of your enthusiastic posts about Interlude, it makes me want to go out and try it. Again.
    Haha, yeah. Just read the above quote in the voice of Joe Pesci in Good Fellas in the restaurant during the "im in the weeds, layin down.." monologue.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan