Code of Conduct

Default Mango middle note

I wanted to make a mango jasmine coconut middle note that lasts anywhere 50+ hours on a smelling strip. I need accord to be bith creamy and fruity

I have explored citruses, woods, resins etc but I'm hopeless at tropical fruits. I think that a peach aroma can be twisted to a mango somehow.

Would using gamma-Methyl decalactone with paradisamide and coconut aldehyde and maybe some jasmonate work? Would cyclabute be essential here?

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Mango middle note

Quote Originally Posted by amateurperfumer View Post
    I wanted to make a mango jasmine coconut middle note that lasts anywhere 50+ hours on a smelling strip. I need accord to be bith creamy and fruity

I have explored citruses, woods, resins etc but I'm hopeless at tropical fruits. I think that a peach aroma can be twisted to a mango somehow.

Would using gamma-Methyl decalactone with paradisamide and coconut aldehyde and maybe some jasmonate work? Would cyclabute be essential here?
    Jasmonate and Cyclabute are both great for tropical/Jasmine nuances. Mango is so hard to recreate due to the very important sulfur aspect of it. I would just use Paul Kiler's Mango Base-- it does wonders and is extremely accurate. You won't be able to recreate it to the extent he did without the use of some captive ingredients. I've been down the rabbit hole. As for a creamy coconut, look at aldehyde c-18 for the coconut already with a little creaminess. You could also take a look at bicyclononalactone (IFF) for a creamy coconut. For more Jasmine, you can use benzyl acetate, include a little Ylang if you want a sweet floralizer as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Happy Perfuming!
    Will

Basenotes Member

Paradisamide is helpful in adding a long lasting citrusy grapefruity aspect.

Cheers, Happy Perfuming!
    Will

Basenotes Member

One more thing-- you can describe as much as you'd like what you want for the perfume but nobody will know exactly what you're imagining for a final product until you finish the perfume. If you're asking if it'll work, you could give it a shot yourself and see if it's the backbone you're looking for... If THAT doesn't work, then come ask the forum... Good luck

Cheers, Happy Perfuming!
    Will