Code of Conduct

Default Raw Material Suppliers in Canada

Hello!

I'm brand new to perfume creation and living in Toronto, Canada. I'm currently purchasing my materials from Perfumer's Apprentice.
    I read the Newbie mega-thread above and saw that some people use Saffireblue.ca.

Does anyone have experience using their products? Are there any other quality Canadian sources for Materials?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Banned

Default Re: Raw Material Suppliers in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbrewer View Post
    Hello!

I'm brand new to perfume creation and living in Toronto, Canada. I'm currently purchasing my materials from Perfumer's Apprentice.
    I read the Newbie mega-thread above and saw that some people use Saffireblue.ca.

Does anyone have experience using their products? Are there any other quality Canadian sources for Materials?

Canada has some of the best pine, juniper and cedar materials in all the world.
    I think, if you did research you might be able to get close to some conifer essential oil suppliers.
    Please let everyone know you can make any direct contacts!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbrewer View Post
    Hello!

Hi Michael;

Welcome to perfume creation, I know you will have a rewarding experience.
    I have purchased from Saffireblue many times, with no issues. I buy all my Ethanol from there. Good price on the 4L.
    Unfortunately there are not a lot of suppliers in Canada, although we do have some great wood oils that originate from here. I have in the past purchased from Clearwater Soap works(basic essential oils)
    I purchase from many countries, but mainly the USA. Perfumer's Apprentice, Perfume Supply House, Creating Perfume, Eden Botanicals for naturals.
    Pell Wall in England. great selection, quick delivery.
    Liaison Carbone from Berlin, unique materials.good price.
    The currency exchange with the USA is really very punitive.I have been musing about starting up my own Canada distribution just so I can order in larger quantities directly and then provide a reasonable price to other Canada perfumers..... maybe one day.
    If you find a quality supplier in Canada let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by julian35 View Post
    Hi Michael;

Welcome to perfume creation, I know you will have a rewarding experience.
    I have purchased from Saffireblue many times, with no issues. I buy all my Ethanol from there. Good price on the 4L.
    Unfortunately there are not a lot of suppliers in Canada, although we do have some great wood oils that originate from here. I have in the past purchased from Clearwater Soap works(basic essential oils)
    I purchase from many countries, but mainly the USA. Perfumer's Apprentice, Perfume Supply House, Creating Perfume, Eden Botanicals for naturals.
    Pell Wall in England. great selection, quick delivery.
    Liaison Carbone from Berlin, unique materials.good price.
    The currency exchange with the USA is really very punitive.I have been musing about starting up my own Canada distribution just so I can order in larger quantities directly and then provide a reasonable price to other Canada perfumers..... maybe one day.
    If you find a quality supplier in Canada let us know.
    Hey Julian,

Wow, that was very, very helpful. Thank you so much!

Michael, I forget to mention Good Scents... I am sure you have looked at, and begun to use the database.
    http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com
    Bill provides an excellent resource to perfumers with an outstanding FREE database. If you use it, consider dropping him a donation.

Also he sells a ton of material as well.. here is his price list. http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/pricoffr.html

Also use this tool to search for materials ; http://www.perfumersearch.com

Michael, I forget to mention Good Scents... I am sure you have looked at, and begun to use the database.
    http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com
    Bill provides an excellent resource to perfumers with an outstanding FREE database. If you use it, consider dropping him a donation.

Also he sells a ton of material as well.. here is his price list. http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/pricoffr.html

Also use this tool to search for materials ; http://www.perfumersearch.com
    Julian! Thank you, again! Very helpful. I'm so new to perfumery that Im just swinging at the fences right now when it comes to everything and anything perfume.

Thanks again, Julian!

I'm riding on by the seat of my pants with all of this. All of this helps.

Hi Michael,

for great essential oils you have to try https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/ Great prices and the EOs are fabulous and cheaper than everywhere. They also provide GC-Ms for all of their products and many other documents like certificates of analysis, MSDS, etc.
    I suggest to stay away from saffireblue. Simply google "saffire blue reviews" and you will see for yourself.
    Sadly, for perfume molecules there is no Canadian online stores. I also buy from Perfumer's Apprentice and Perfumer Supply house (shipping is way cheaper).

Good luck

Regarding Saffire Blue, I've been satisfied with their products (alcohol, bottles, pipettes, test strips, have not bought aromatics) and their customer service (including resolving a small order error). However my impression from visiting their warehouse in Tillsonburg (they let you pick up orders) is that they're a very small outfit, so I wouldn't expect Amazon levels of efficiency from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucofborg View Post
    Hi Michael,

for great essential oils you have to try https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/ Great prices and the EOs are fabulous and cheaper than everywhere. They also provide GC-Ms for all of their products and many other documents like certificates of analysis, MSDS, etc.
    I suggest to stay away from saffireblue. Simply google "saffire blue reviews" and you will see for yourself.
    Well done Lucofborg. I don't know how I forget about New Directions. I have a purchased a lot of material from them over the year. Fast quick, and quality product. Good place for Canadians to buy basic essential oils; you will even find a few specialty oils now and then.

I have purchase many, many litres of ethanol from Saffire over the last 10 years, and never an issue. Can't say I have purchased much in the way of other materials from them, so can't vouch for that.

Well done Lucofborg. I don't know how I forget about New Directions. I have a purchased a lot of material from them over the year. Fast quick, and quality product. Good place for Canadians to buy basic essential oils; you will even find a few specialty oils now and then.
    I think you posted about NDA in another thread and was wondering why you didn't mention them here!!!