Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Paco Rabanne XS

I have been looking for an older 3.4 oz bottle of Paco Rabanne XS with the matte grey font on the bottle and box. However, the imprinting on the bottom of the bottles seems to vary widely.

Would someone who bought this from a legitimate source be willing to share some pictures of your bottle?

Default Re: Vintage Paco Rabanne XS

I've been trying to find one myself. I did not know there were different versions, I just thought it was discontinued and any XS was good... Will check back this thread to learn more about it.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itaos View Post
    I have been looking for an older 3.4 oz bottle of Paco Rabanne XS with the matte grey font on the bottle and box. However, the imprinting on the bottom of the bottles seems to vary widely.

Would someone who bought this from a legitimate source be willing to share some pictures of your bottle?
    IMG_20180820_145907_645.jpg

Old bottles look like this and new bottles are shorter with gray juice

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    I've been trying to find one myself. I did not know there were different versions, I just thought it was discontinued and any XS was good... Will check back this thread to learn more about it.
    There are two major bottlings of the original format Paco Rabanne XS Pour Homme. Opinions vary on performance between them, but their is a "Made in France" and "Made in Spain" version. My backups are all this "straw colored juice" iteration and not the newer gray juice one launched in 2018. Paco Rabanne says the formula is the same, and although I haven't smelled it, reviewers claim the newest version is 95% close to the earlier versions. If I ever get to test the newer version, I will report back.

Also, there is an unrelated "Intense" flanker that smells different but has the same packaging as above but with copper lid and lettering. You want to avoid that unless you're interested in collecting the flankers. I have not smelled it yet so I can't report on it.

For anyone who hasn't smelled XS Pour Homme, it's a lovely fougère in similar vein to Platinum Égoïste, Eternity for Men, and Himalaya.
    oh look, I have a signature

Be aware that this particular fragrance type is susceptible to spoiling much faster than others. I've learned this the hard way...purchasing vintage XS and CK Eternity on eBay multiple times only to come up with turned fragrances. I own a fresh bottle of XS made in 2016 that I am deeply satisfied with; performance is excellent. I've sampled the 2018 version at a local perfume shop and its pretty much the same. The 2018 bottle is really cool though.

Thank you Zealot Crusader and FinsUp.

I ended up purchasing a "vintage" 100 ml bottle, it was fake/spoiled and the volume printed as 50 ml on the bottom. The quality of the box, glass and printing was quite good. This was 1 of 4 bottles that the seller had, and not the one photographed.

Sent that back and bought the new silver bottle as I don't enjoy trekking to the post office for returns. New formulation works for me as I can't tell the difference without a side by side comparison. Happy hunting.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itaos View Post
    Thank you Zealot Crusader and FinsUp.

I ended up purchasing a "vintage" 100 ml bottle, it was fake/spoiled and the volume printed as 50 ml on the bottom. The quality of the box, glass and printing was quite good. This was 1 of 4 bottles that the seller had, and not the one photographed.

Sent that back and bought the new silver bottle as I don't enjoy trekking to the post office for returns. New formulation works for me as I can't tell the difference without a side by side comparison. Happy hunting.
    I'm sorry you got burned by a fake. The tester white boxes of the original bottle are still floating around, and since the cap is built-in on a hinge, you don't have to worry about it being capless. If the new version works for you, great. I did end up sampling the intense/extreme version and it's too similar to consider if you enjoy the original. However, I would suggest Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil Homme (1998) as an interesting addition that brings a sophisticated dandy twist to the geranium-forward style of XS Pour Homme, being rounder, more floral, and a touch more formal.
    oh look, I have a signature