Code of Conduct

Default Help Me Find... (Looking For Recommendations)

Hi, everyone

A while back I asked around here for some recommendations for a gift and since I got so many amazing, insightful and helpful answers, I thought I'd ask you guys for some new recommendations for me.

I'm still fairly new to perfume, so I'm sorry if the "guidelines" aren't very helpful or much to go on, but I was looking for a little something something for myself that was:
    - "Round" (if that makes sense) (maybe voluptuous is a better way to say it?)
    - Creamy
    - Well-blended (maybe something with lots of interesting ingredients, but blended in such a way that it feels more like one cohesive thing than singular notes popping up here and there)
    - Lush
    - A little old-fashioned is a plus
    - Designer label preferable, or something not too too niche (maybe a more readily available niche?)
    - Something: intelligent/eccentric/vibrant/joyous/mysterious
    - Bonus points for tuberose but not a must

(Also, if you could maybe comment on longevity and sillage, that'd be very helpful!)

So far, the only perfume I've fallen head over heels for in my very limited perfume experience has been Dior Poison.

Anyway, thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it

Also: I'm considering checking out Jean Patou 1000, Robert Piguet Fracas and No. 5 Eau Premiere. What do you guys think of these options? The Patou and Piguet could be a bit harder to find where I live.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Help Me Find... (Looking For Recommendations)

Tubereuses Castane by Lancome (personally not a fan of Tuberose when prominent, but my granddaughter loves it and says it performs well on her.)
    Last edited by hednic; 20th June 2019 at 12:08 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

If you like tuberose, Fracas is a must. It's less syrupy and sweet than the 80s Poison, but still creamy, luscious, and suitably "red".
    More mainstream tuberoses include Hermes Twilly (but it's a bit a teenage version of tuberose, so to speak, sweetish, less dense) and the (usually infamous-as it's quite strong and synthetic, and in no way voluptuous or round) Givenchy Amarige.

If you like Poison, you may also enjoy Gucci Rush (not a tuberose, but equally, big, 80s vampy floral).

No 5 eau premiere is excellent, but very different. Reminiscent of the classic No 5, but a touch sweeter, with citrus and other notes. I wouldn't say it corresponds to your requirements.

Basenotes Junkie

I unfortunately do not have anything to contribute, but I wish you luck in finding your scent and would like to know what you decide upon.

stinkin' to high heaven

.................................... surrounded by squares
    Blog Entries

Boucheron by Boucheron and Esprit d'Oscar by Oscar de la Renta.
    Sono strano e sono orgoglioso di essorlo...

Freed from BN Institution

I would recommend Rogue Perfumery Champs Lunies, tuberose based scent. The brand takes a vintage and Non-IFRA style approach to making fragrances and its affordable.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I would recommend Rogue Perfumery Champs Lunies, tuberose based scent. The brand takes a vintage and Non-IFRA style approach to making fragrances and its affordable.
    Also Flos Mortis when it comes out

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    Also Flos Mortis when it comes out
    This too. Samples are available for purchase. The actual release will be later this summer.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Given your guidelines, l think Fracas would be an excellent choice.

A creamier, sweeter option would be Love Tuberose by Amouage.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin T by Bruno Acampora

I think Fracas and Boucheron are excellent suggestions, and probably not too hard to find. Do Son by Diptyque is another nice tuberose centric fragrance, but perhaps not quite old fashioned enough for you. I do recommend you try it though. My personal favourite in the rich, creamy tuberose category that certainly has a steamy, mysterious vibe is Hiram Green's Moon Bloom. It is pretty niche, but if you have an opportunity to try it, I suggest you do!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Given your guidelines, l think Fracas would be an excellent choice.

A creamier, sweeter option would be Love Tuberose by Amouage.
    this is what i was going to say

Also adding Zara Tuberose among the very inexpensive options-a fairly safe and readily accessible way to (re) test a decent quality/value starter and/or to go, daily tuberose scent

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    More mainstream tuberoses include Hermes Twilly (but it's a bit a teenage version of tuberose, so to speak, sweetish, less dense) and the (usually infamous-as it's quite strong and synthetic, and in no way voluptuous or round) Givenchy Amarige.
    Not an expert on designer tuberose options by any means, but I do like Twilly d'Hermes quite a bit. It has a youthful, fun personality, but doesn't seem juvenile, if that makes sense. Nice use of ginger to help the tuberose pop and provide a zingy, fresh, somewhat soapy undertone. I just think it's a really enjoyable release.

In addition to No 5. Eau Premiere, No. 5 L'Eau is quite good, an even more modernized take than Eau Premiere, but still able to carry the lineage with aplomb.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: JaÔpur Homme by Boucheron

Oooh, sounds like quite a bit of a list to try out!

Thanks for the helps guys, I really appreciate you all taking the time !

I think Guerlain's Samsara is right on the money. It's a wonderful, creamy sandalwood and jasmine scent. And try their Shalimar while you're at it