Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
o
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    I got myself a Creed GIT tester bottle. Wondering what you guys think regards genuine or not? It certainly smells nice:


  2. #2
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle


  3. #3
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle


  4. #4

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Unfortunately, I think it's fake. Aside from the painted green, the ridges on the bottom of the bottle seem to be a dead giveaway that the bottle is fake. Hopefully, someone with an older bottle can also chime in.

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    296,617

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    May I ask where you got this from? Do you have recourse to return it should you need to?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Yes, it’s definitely fake. The green writing is the first giveaway. The second important thing to note is that the tester boxes tend to have the sticker with product information on the top flap of the box, not centred on the front like most fakes. Also worth noting that usually Creed testers will be without lids (aside from the odd occasion where someone will add a lid for you).

  7. #7
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    May I ask where you got this from? Do you have recourse to return it should you need to?

    TBH, no. I got it from facebook market place. it was only £40 so not too bothered about getting money back. I kind of knew it might be fake and knew the risks, so can't really go back and say I want money back. If it is fake, then oh well. It smells pretty nice. My colleague at work sprayed it on himself and he liked the smell of it. I will give it a full day wear to see how long it will last.

  8. #8
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Hey look, it's Green Irish Tweed with green writing!

    There's just one problem with that....
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  9. #9
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by ezpz View Post
    Yes, it’s definitely fake. The green writing is the first giveaway. The second important thing to note is that the tester boxes tend to have the sticker with product information on the top flap of the box, not centred on the front like most fakes. Also worth noting that usually Creed testers will be without lids (aside from the odd occasion where someone will add a lid for you).
    Thanks. Will keep this in mind for future reference

  10. #10
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Hey look, it's Green Irish Tweed with green writing!

    There's just one problem with that....
    LOL. Well spotted. So blindingly obvious. Hahaha.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Member donkeyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    thanks. but I can never justify spending that amount on a frangrance. I'll just stick with clones or in this instance fake one which is now being used as a room spray

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyface View Post
    thanks. but I can never justify spending that amount on a frangrance. I'll just stick with clones or in this instance fake one which is now being used as a room spray
    you could get 20 ml decant of real GIT for $40

  13. #13
    Basenotes Junkie oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    683

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyface View Post
    TBH, no. I got it from facebook market place. it was only £40 so not too bothered about getting money back. I kind of knew it might be fake and knew the risks, so can't really go back and say I want money back. If it is fake, then oh well. It smells pretty nice. My colleague at work sprayed it on himself and he liked the smell of it. I will give it a full day wear to see how long it will last.
    Definitely fake at "too good to be true" prices. Creed doesn't produce testers in this manner, they have the same boxes as the originals. You should take Succio's advice and enjoy a small decant of the original.
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Richwood by Xerjoff

  14. #14

    Default Re: Is this Creed GIT Fake (pics attached) Tester bottle

    The ingredients list reads like something concocted straight out of Chernobyl
    Toilet Water Splasher
    Currently wearing: Frapin 1270 by Frapin




Similar Threads

  1. Fake Creed GIT - Comparison Pics
    By tomtom in forum Perfume Appraisals
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 28th July 2015, 02:47 AM
  2. Fake Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey- Please Verify. Pics attached
    By gotkilled in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 22nd September 2014, 10:02 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 20th February 2011, 05:47 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th July 2010, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000