Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 24th June, 2019

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 24th June, 2019

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 23rd June, 2019 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 23rd June, 2019 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Spark for Her by Storm

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 24th June, 2019

Oakwood Absolute Oil by Clive Christian

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

stinkin' to high heaven

............................. ◘ surrounded by squares ◘
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Oakwood Absolute Oil by Clive Christian

That bottle sure is pretty...

Bowmakers by Durga for me this evening.

hello all,

Freed from BN Institution

Starting the week off with Xerjoff 1861 Renaissance
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

Monsieur Balmain

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Blog Entries

Morning all!

lt's cloudy & very muggy here, so l'll be staying in to get a few more things done around the house today.

l'm back to sampling with Lace by Sarah Baker Perfumes, a freebie l was sent with my order of the Greek Keys purse spray. As per HoP's review, this is not what you might expect from the name, but more of a beachy skin scent. l'm finding it rather weak & thin, but that might be down to the humidity.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 24th June, 2019

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Cuir Intense by Guerlain

Muggy and dull here too today.

Whilst in Nice at the market in Cours Salaya,I bought a couple of vintage miniature Dior perfumes
    in their boxes : Eau Sauvage and Diorella. I am not sure whether they would
    be safe to wear as the seller told me they were only for use as collector's items.
    They smell ok but not sure if it would be a good idea to out them on my skin,

eau sauvage.jpg
    diorella.jpg

I mostly wore Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate and l'Artisan's Premier Figuier on holiday.
    Those two did a reasonable job of cutting through the heat and humidity. I am wearing the former
    today.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Tocade by Rochas

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. L’Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant for me.

Wish you all a good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning everyone. Waking up today was a bit disturbing. Seems I've developed some kind of skincondition. I have red rashes in the entire face that itches like crazy.The doctor suspects it to be rosacea, but the cream I got sure doesn't help Not really looking forward to work, but I guess I just have to get through it. Anyway, Sotd is Dune.

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Creed Millésime Impérial today
    Summer grasses
    All that remain
    Of warriors' dreams--Basho

stinkin' to high heaven

............................. ◘ surrounded by squares ◘
    Blog Entries

inees, that's awful! Could it be instead, an allergic reaction to something?

Lipstick Rose - Malle

teardrop... Leopard is still my fave, from the Sarah Baker line. I like its raunchiness.

Hugs to ine! I agree that this sounds more like an allergic reaction than rosacea. Have you eaten or been exposed to anything out of the ordinary recently? The itchiness is not a common rosacea symptom and its appearance is not really what I would call rash-like; more an intense redness, sometimes with swelling and/or bumps that resemble pimples. If it is indeed rosacea though, treatment and dietary adjustments can work wonders. I hope you get some relief very soon!

Gorgeous pics, kewart! Now that's how to do vacationing! And I love the Ava Gardner daylily, Shycat! Those frilly yellow edges made me swoon. Stunning!

I'm in Chanel EdC today; it's not hot here but so muggy it may as well be. I'm getting very tired of this drinkable air, as I'm sure many are. Yucks.

Have a good Monday, all!

Basenotes Institution
    Blog Entries

(((Ineespenes))) That's rough, especially the itching part. Hope you find relief soon.

Continuing last night's Bond New Haarlem, which I don't think of being so much like coffee as cinnamon raisin toast and cedar.

N.Cal, thanks for the suggestion. I'll put New Haarlem in a want post when I get back from grocery shopping.
    Currently wearing: Winter by Dasein

Oh, very unpleasant Inees - sounds like an allergic reaction. Unfortunately these things seem to take about a week to clear up. Hope you feel better soon!

I’m wearing a bit of FM Eau de Magnolia, trying to compare it in my head to the AdP Magnolia Nobile edp I smelled Friday at the store. The FM is much less sweet for starters. Quite a sharp, dry citrus opening on the FM. Probably better in intense heat/humidity.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Bowmakers by Durga for me this evening.
    HoP, I’ve always loved the description and notes for Bowmakers. I must try it sometime. It’s nice to see someone wearing it.

I’m wearing Mugler Cuir Impertinent. I picked up a replacement bottle yesterday because the first one leaked and ruined the bottle label. I must get paperwork done today. Ick! I prefer physical labor to brain work.

Have a good day.
    September Picks

Champaca Absolute, Coromandel, Cuir Impertinent, Eau Lente, L’Air Du Desert Marocain, Mitsouko, Oud Ispahan, Tam Dao, Tea for Two, White Patchouli

Between two pine trees

(((ine))) You poor thing! Hopefully it will go away quickly. <<crossing fingers>>

Shycat, your daylily was gorgeous! Foxbins, are daylilies impervious to your attentions?

I love the thought of Trilby Lark all tricked out in her hippie/bohemian gear!

Gorgeous photos, kewart. You've made me want to explore Nice

It's been dumping buckets of rain here, too -- thankfully without the usual thunder, lightning, and wind/tornado accompaniments. The last 3 springs/early summers have been SO wet here. I wonder if this is the start of a shift.

After a weekend of skanky, classical-style fragrances, I'm wearing the lightly salted, slightly suggestive, sharp-ish white floral of Arquiste Ella.
    Currently wearing: Fate Woman by Amouage

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Piper Nigrum
    Summer Rotation
    Acqua di Gio Profumo
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
    Sel Marin
    Castile
    Mugler Cologne
    Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Caron The Third Man

Basenotes Plus

ineespenes I'm sorry about the rash. I know you've had many chime in on your condition, but I'll add a comment. My apologies for second guessing your doc and feel free to skip this next part. Allergic reactions to something you ingest usually start on the trunk. Your rash sounds like a sunscreen or makeup or moisturizer or face cream reaction. I've gotten itchy facial reactions that sound similar to yours from too liberal an application of Retin-A (I have rosacea), for instance. So unless you remove the offending agent from your practice it may not go away. Could there be a culprit in your face care regimen?

It's a cool misty/rainy morning here in Seattle. Mazzolari Patchouli seems to be a perfect choice. It's on the wish list.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Blog Entries

kewart, l think you should try those on your skin & report back! That market seller probably doesn't realise that most of us wear vintage perfumes quite happily with no ill effects.

lne, whatever it is, l hope your skin problem clears up quickly & permanently!

l've showered & switched to Caligna for this muggy afternoon/evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Showered and switched to Tauer Le Maroc pour Elle.

Quarry, you have given me an idea what to do with all my raspberries. I don't have the space or equipment to make wine, so I'll make cordial. Thanks!

ExtremeK, I don't have any experience with daylilies. Lilies of any sort sound fragile.

Ineespenes, I hope you feel better soon. Itchy rashes are so annoying.

I'm wearing Aedes de Venustas as I clean out some of the drawers in the guest room dresser. The guests need somewhere to put their stuff!
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

Vintage Diorling by Guess Who

Diorling_16oz_Harmeet.1a.jpg

(photo by epapsiou)
    Before the leaves fall, an all-green September:
    Aromatics Elixir / Azuree / Corsica Furiosa / Cristalle / Eau du Sud / Eau Sauvage / Iskander / Ivoire, 1980 / Ivoire, 2012 / Le Canotier / Ninfeo Mio / No. 19 / Prince de Galles Sport / Route de Vetiver / Safari / Silences / Sud Est / Tiare / Vent Vert / Vetiver de Guerlain / Vetiverus / Vert de Acampora

Between two pine trees

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    ExtremeK, I don't have any experience with daylilies. Lilies of any sort sound fragile.
    Well, allow me to reassure you on that point!! PerfumedLady, Quarry, and Shycat can probably chime in here, too, but there are quite a few species of daylilies that are just short of invasive! They are so hard to kill, assuming you have 4+ hours of sun where you want to plant them. With as sunny and dry in the summer as Oregon is, they could do quite well for you -- and they spread like mad with very little effort on your part

Daylilies are perennials and quite different from the lilies you get at the florist shops.

Hazel, Mazzolari Patchouly is one of my favorites. You smell fantastic.

As does Roberto. I adore Tabac Rouge!
    Currently wearing: Fate Woman by Amouage

Penhaligon's English Fern
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Basenotes Institution
    Blog Entries

Re: Daylilies ...
    My friend recently referred to them as "ditch lilies" since the old standard (plain orange flower) was planted there as an easy groundcover one wouldn't have to mow. I have used them as a "plant dam" to put a nearly impenetrable buffer between my precious native landscape and assaulting alien hoards (curse you, teasel, crownvetch, birdsfoot trefoil, wild onions, reed canary grass, black medic, and 20 others!). Daylilies spread by root (tuber), growing cheek by jowl, but they don't spread by seed, so they don't invade beyond their immediate root zone. The foliage is a nice, broad blade of green, which may get tired looking in our Midwest heat, but should remain splendid in your region. ExtremeK made a good suggestion. Oh, and the flowers are edible.
    Currently wearing: Winter by Dasein