Banned

Default youtube video made by matt - iso e super

A video on the nuances within iso e super
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8pR0FiG9g

Any thoughts?
    Did I get anything wrong?
    thanks so much
    M
    Last edited by furrypine; 30th June 2019 at 06:35 AM.

Default Re: youtube video made by matt

hi Matt, I just watch, and liked so much. Subscribed!

I hope there are more to come.

Good work Matt, it's nice to put a face to the names on the forum. I do think Iso E Super was used in a decent amount in other fragrances before Farenheight though yes? Perhaps it was the first to "overdose" it.

Matt got me just now to do a little research into Iso-E Super, as really I had not known much about it, other than its smell (as I perceived it) and uses (both as widely used and as I use it, which is less) and the fact that Timbersilk is similar but a different mix of isomers.

It's quite interesting. What it is is part of a family of materials that are mixed isomers of patchouli ethanone (oh, NOW it makes sense that it smells to me faintly like Clearwood.) It had been posted many times that Timbersilk is higher in the gamma isomer that many consider more desirable, but it turns out that even Timbersilk is only 15% gamma, while Iso-E Super is only 8%, and Isocyclemone E even less but I didn't see what. Sylvamber is 22%.

So that makes me interested in acquiring both Isocyclemone E and Sylvamber.

As mentioned in another thread, I may perceive less from these materials than others do and am not a big fan. I don't believe I've ever used Timbersilk in a final formulation. To me it is just drier, masculinized Iso-E Super and completely uninteresting, but others obviously perceive differently. For example I know my wife likes it on me while she has no more interest in Iso-E Super than I do and if I were more considerate (oh no don't let her read this) I would use Timbersilk on myself for that reason.

Banned

More to come,
    Next is Hedione.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
    Matt got me just now to do a little research into Iso-E Super, as really I had not known much about it, other than its smell (as I perceived it) and uses (both as widely used and as I use it, which is less) and the fact that Timbersilk is similar but a different mix of isomers.

It's quite interesting. What it is is part of a family of materials that are mixed isomers of patchouli ethanone (oh, NOW it makes sense that it smells to me faintly like Clearwood.) It had been posted many times that Timbersilk is higher in the gamma isomer that many consider more desirable, but it turns out that even Timbersilk is only 15% gamma, while Iso-E Super is only 8%, and Isocyclemone E even less but I didn't see what. Sylvamber is 22%.

So that makes me interested in acquiring both Isocyclemone E and Sylvamber.

As mentioned in another thread, I may perceive less from these materials than others do and am not a big fan. I don't believe I've ever used Timbersilk in a final formulation. To me it is just drier, masculinized Iso-E Super and completely uninteresting, but others obviously perceive differently. For example I know my wife likes it on me while she has no more interest in Iso-E Super than I do and if I were more considerate (oh no don't let her read this) I would use Timbersilk on myself for that reason.
    To me Timbersilk and Iso E Super are very different, I love both for different reasons.
    Timbersilk is less silky, more dry, more woody. Whereas to me, at least, iso e super is smoother, more mineral more sandalwood.
    But.... I think these molecules are super hard for people to get a clear read on. They are designed this way, I think.
    Both are definitely very pleasant, never annoying or sharp :-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by runstile View Post
    Good work Matt, it's nice to put a face to the names on the forum. I do think Iso E Super was used in a decent amount in other fragrances before Farenheight though yes? Perhaps it was the first to "overdose" it.

I think I may shave for my next video :-)
    Correct, the first to overdose.... the very first was something "woman," by a Mr. Benaim? I believe.
    I could be wrong, I`m often wrong! haha.