Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Hey people, a local seller is trying to sell this bottle of Fate Man but Ive looked all over the web and never came across this style on the box. The question is why would any counterfeiter stray so far from the original design?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Personally, I would never have noticed the design being different. I did notice the missing words though. What's the price for it?
    Currently wearing: Mitzah by Christian Dior

  3. #3

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Is that not the back of the box?

    https://pantip.com/topic/30760217
    Currently wearing: Roadster Sport by Cartier

  4. #4
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    Is that not the back of the box?

    https://pantip.com/topic/30760217

    Currently wearing: Mitzah by Christian Dior

  5. #5

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    Is that not the back of the box?

    https://pantip.com/topic/30760217
    Lol it is! I once saw this pic online and thought WTF is that a different version? Then checked the back of my box at home and ... DUH!!

    Still, got me looking at the packaging more closely... the best box in perfume history!!
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  6. #6

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    So it seems, so it seems. My faux pas.
    He’s asking $110 for it.

  7. #7
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by common scents View Post
    So it seems, so it seems. My faux pas.
    He’s asking $110 for it.
    Buy it now! Great price for a great fragrance. I think it's now one of my favorite Amouages.
    Currently wearing: Mitzah by Christian Dior

  8. #8
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    le de chypre
    Posts
    12,725

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    Buy it now! Great price for a great fragrance. I think it's now one of my favorite Amouages.
    Yup some good deals to be had on this one.

    I would say it's one of a few scents I can wear when I am suffering from respiratory infections (cold & viruses, etc).
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  9. #9

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yup some good deals to be had on this one.

    I would say it's one of a few scents I can wear when I am suffering from respiratory infections (cold & viruses, etc).
    Is that because the top notes still cut through, and you can actually smell it? Or some other reason?
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  10. #10
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    le de chypre
    Posts
    12,725

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by NZFH View Post
    Is that because the top notes still cut through, and you can actually smell it? Or some other reason?
    TBH I think it may just be a personal thing. I somehow associate a 'get well soon' feeling with cumin-like notes in cooking. I remember once eating a spicy meal (cumin in meatballs I think) and realised it had a positive effect on my soar throat.

    I do like and appreciate this scent for many other reasons as well though.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  11. #11

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    TBH I think it may just be a personal thing. I somehow associate a 'get well soon' feeling with cumin-like notes in cooking. I remember once eating a spicy meal (cumin in meatballs I think) and realised it had a positive effect on my soar throat.

    I do like and appreciate this scent for many other reasons as well though.
    Okay yeh I can get that!!
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  12. #12
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,114

    Default Re: Strange Box design for Amouage Fate Man

    Quote Originally Posted by common scents View Post
    He’s asking $110 for it.
    Good price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.




Similar Threads

  1. Amouage Fate friction cap?
    By sanggol in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd October 2017, 12:22 AM
  2. Amouage Fate Man
    By Possum-Pie in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10th August 2017, 05:42 PM
  3. Amouage Fate. Why so much hate?
    By Oslo-Fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 18th August 2014, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000