Code of Conduct

Default eau de patou EDP - vintage - help identifying silver box silver bands

New to the discussion boards...just wondering if anyone can help in identifying year, type (pour homme? it's not labeled specifically) - and any other thoughts. There are not many pics or information out there for the 60 ml splash in the silver box. Thanks for your help!edp3.jpgedp2.jpgedp1.jpg

Default Re: eau de patou EDP - vintage - help identifying silver box silver bands

Sorry, terrible pictures on the first post...
    edp_2.jpgedp_1.jpg

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Default Re: eau de patou EDP - vintage - help identifying silver box silver bands

I can clear up one thing: It's not "pour homme".

At one time, I did think the fragrance in your pics was "pour homme". Now, not only do I no longer think that's the case, I'm doubtful whether an Eau de Patou Pour Homme ever existed.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Always be smelling

Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I can clear up one thing: It's not "pour homme".
    At one time, I did think the fragrance in your pics was "pour homme". Now, not only do I no longer think that's the case, I'm doubtful whether an Eau de Patou Pour Homme ever existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    There is no consensus in the community from what I could tell and so I did a blind test.
    I think they are both the same. There are differences up top. The conical one is softer and more floral while the cylindrical is more 'chyprish". But the differences vanish in an hour and then they are the same.
    Could be that they are different formulations or perhaps the bottle age results in the differences.
    The cylindrical bottle I have is a tester and has notes listed on it. They match the BN directory for the feminine version and the conical bottle notes.
    And the beat goes on.

LiveJazz and I just got into a swap and discussion of this too. We both agreed that the cylindrical bottles, being less floral, might have a sliiiiight edge in being considered masculine. But after a very short time there's not a hair's difference between them. And they've both got that very French "dirty/pretty" thing going on.

And no one has every turned up any evidence of them being packaged as 'pour homme'.

Fruitless argument, beautiful fragrance. Just enjoy it!

The only bottles of Eau de Patou I've managed to stumble across thus far were both hideously, unbearably OFF! So the hunt continues. Would love to get my nose on some intact juice.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    The only bottles of Eau de Patou I've managed to stumble across thus far were both hideously, unbearably OFF! So the hunt continues. Would love to get my nose on some intact juice.
    hmm. This needs to be solved post haste.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain