Code of Conduct

Default Pricing discontinued fragrances?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this question. I looked at Marketplace first and couldn't actually find any sub-forums to post this.

I was wondering how people selling their bottles go about valuing / pricing any discontinued fragrances or older batches of a fragrance that may be harder to come by? Do people just pick a figure out of the air if there are no pre-existing listings online? Is there a retail-plus-x% which people might use?
    "I learned to work the saxophone...I play just what I feel....Drink Scotch whiskey all night long....And die behind the wheel
    They got a name for the winners in the world...I want a name when I lose...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...Call me Deacon Blues"

Always be smelling

Default Re: Pricing discontinued fragrances?

Guesstimate based on what similar stuff is selling for adjusted for rarity/desirability.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Guesstimate based on what similar stuff is selling for adjusted for rarity/desirability.
    That's probably the solution, though it might encourage artificial-inflation where greedy sellers start bumping up the going-rates through figures they've picked out of the air. From then on, the "estimated values" become artificially higher than they should actually be. I also buy/sell vinyl, and I see this happening quite a lot over there too.

I dunno. Maybe that's how economics really works and I perhaps can't relate to it.....
    "I learned to work the saxophone...I play just what I feel....Drink Scotch whiskey all night long....And die behind the wheel
    They got a name for the winners in the world...I want a name when I lose...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...Call me Deacon Blues"

You could always put stuff up with no reserve... but it could bite you in the butt as I sold a sealed vintage DHI 50ml for $190 that way when it should have fetched around 250.