Code of Conduct

Thread: Nose Paris

Default Nose Paris

Hi All,

Have many of you used Nose for your Scents at all?Now I am still a Newbie but
    Awesome member here Yarn has been helping and guiding through the Expensive
    Minefield that is Niche Perfumes. ��
    Anyway are there many Creed fans in here?, I bought a Partial bottle of VIW a little
    while ago and I really like the Coconut/Lime etc Holiday Vibe going with this Scent so
    I thought I would go for a full bottle.
    Last week I visited the Creed stand in John Lewis Westfield Stratford and was a bit staggered
    That they wasn’t £240 for a 100 ML bottle, I mean it’s Not Aventus is it!?
    So I was sitting indoor last Sunday evening and googled prices and thought I would check out
    Nose to see if they had a better price than All Beauty.
    I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that I could buy a 100 ML bottle of VIW for £140 including
    P+P and 3 sampler bottles.
    I thought about it and looked to see if this place was legit and as it seemed they was I went ahead
    and bought my bottle.
    It’s now Tuesday Afternoon and I’m watching Wormens Workd Cup Italy V China and my bottle of
    VIW is here, can you believe the quality of their service. ��
    Now a couple of questions please if you haven’t fallen asleep reading this, the partial I have is from
    a 120 L bottle which has a Blue Centre on the top of the cap whereas my full 100 ML JUST HAS A Silver
    All over, is that normal?
    My other Question is are there different ingredients in VIW depending on the batch like Aventus because
    In my partial the top note is Coconut where on this new bottle I sprayed a little on the back of my hand and
    the dominant smell is Lime so far and Not Coconut.

Cheers All.

Shakey.

Default Re: Nose Paris

hey there!

nothing wrong with anything you've described. Nose is 100% legit, Creed have changed the bottle sizes/packaging along with the usual reformulating/batch variations that go along with time. all Creed's have batch variations just less talked about and to varying degrees especially through the years. everything you described about your new bottle is consistent with my experience of old/newer VIW batches.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    the partial I have is from
    a 120 L bottle which has a Blue Centre on the top of the cap whereas my full 100 ML JUST HAS A Silver
    All over, is that normal?
    That's normal.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi Wlfred,

Thanks for your reply Mate, can I ask how do I find out your about
    older/different batches of VIW as I do prefer the Coconut partial I
    have.
    I get my Aventus for Aventus Addicts And Batches are All they talk
    about over there.
    I think I will pair this new bottle layered with some Aventus as it works
    with the partial.

Cheers,

Shakey.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    hey there!

nothing wrong with anything you've described. Nose is 100% legit, Creed have changed the bottle sizes/packaging along with the usual reformulating/batch variations that go along with time. all Creed's have batch variations just less talked about and to varying degrees especially through the years. everything you described about your new bottle is consistent with my experience of old/newer VIW batches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Hi Wlfred,

Thanks for your reply Mate, can I ask how do I find out your about
    older/different batches of VIW as I do prefer the Coconut partial I
    have.
    I get my Aventus for Aventus Addicts And Batches are All they talk
    about over there.
    I think I will pair this new bottle layered with some Aventus as it works
    with the partial.

Cheers,

Shakey.
    you probabably won't find anywhere with detailed information on every batch of VIW, only vague guidelines like a certain year had more coconut (2015), some were more balanced (2016) and others more toward the lime (2017-onward?). i've only ever smelled three batches, one from each of these years.

some of the guys in the 'Creed Fragrance Enthusiasts' FB group may be able to help further.

if you know what batch your old bottle was then look for that otherwise it's trail and error with the 120ml size knowing that everything 2015 and prior had a thicker base with more coconut.