Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Latest Armani Prive (Non-Limited) - Orangerie Venise!

Has anyone tried this one yet? Thoughts - positive and/or negative?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/466...=1#post4655073
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Latest Armani Prive (Non-Limited) - Orangerie Venise!

looks interesting. i like the look of the notes. a high quality, ambroxan soaked orange scent could be a winner if it's not overly herbal or dirty ala TdH.

I am very interested. Hopefully not too common/synthetic smelling. I do like the notes and the house so I have hope for this one.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Looking forward to this one also. Sounds pretty good.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Sounds appealing.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Does anyone know the cost of this - will it be the standard price? I ask because it has the same cap as some of the $$$$ bottles.

Anyway, anything by Ropion is on my radar. Not a huge bigarade fan, but we'll see what he can do with it (and what I hope will be a big budget considering the cost of the line).

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Does anyone know the cost of this - will it be the standard price? I ask because it has the same cap as some of the $$$$ bottles.
    I have a feeling that it will be priced like the other Eaux from Prive but not sure. Nieman Marcus is supposed to be getting this in soon.

A little unappealing for me, seems like they are running out of ideas and want to release mediocre like they are doing in their mainstream line.
    Currently wearing: Santal Blush by Tom Ford

I'm definitely interested in this. As you can tell from my wardrobe, I'm a sucker for anything Armani Prive and will buy this as soon as it's available in Australia. From the notes, it sounds like it could be a combination of 2 former Prive creations (now discontinued) Cedre Olympe and Oranger Alhambra.
    It's been a while since any new Eaux from Prive, so I am looking forward to trying this out.
    Off topic - has anyone had the good fortune to try the other new Prive from Armani: Musc Shamal? It's available on line in the Middle East Armani website, but so far no sign of this in Australia.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Essenza de Zegna, Zegna Essenze Amber Gold, Armani Privé Sable Or, Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone, Mancera Cedrat Bois, Acqua di Giò Profumo, Amouage Dia Man, L'Artisan Explosions d’Emotions: Amour Nocturne, Zegna Essenze Italian Bergamot/Acqua di Bergamotto
    Currently wearing: Z by Ermenegildo Zegna

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Off topic - has anyone had the good fortune to try the other new Prive from Armani: Musc Shamal? It's available on line in the Middle East Armani website, but so far no sign of this in Australia.
    I have had it for three months and it's quite nice and luxurious smelling. If Harrod's ships to Australia now as it does to the States, you can get it from there. Have you had a chance to try Laque, the limited Prive for 2019? It's also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have had it for three months and it's quite nice and luxurious smelling. If Harrod's ships to Australia now as it does to the States, you can get it from there. Have you had a chance to try Laque, the limited Prive for 2019? It's also very nice.
    Thanks for the heads up hednic. I'll check out Harrods to see if they ship Down Under (I have a feeling they don't). It certainly looks luxurious from the notes!
    I'm really hoping that the Limited Edition Laque makes it to Australia, but I'm not counting on it. The last few years we have totally missed out on the Limited Editions.

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Essenza de Zegna, Zegna Essenze Amber Gold, Armani Privé Sable Or, Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone, Mancera Cedrat Bois, Acqua di Giò Profumo, Amouage Dia Man, L'Artisan Explosions d’Emotions: Amour Nocturne, Zegna Essenze Italian Bergamot/Acqua di Bergamotto

I'm really hoping that the Limited Edition Laque makes it to Australia, but I'm not counting on it. The last few years we have totally missed out on the Limited Editions.
    None of them arrived your way even in limited quantity?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    None of them arrived your way even in limited quantity?
    Unfortunately, no. I was always a committed customer of the Limited Editions and was lucky enough to get bottles of Nuances, Nacre, Ombre & Lumiere, Sable Fume, Sable Or & Fil Rouge. The last couple of years we've missed out on both Charm & Rose d'Artiste, and of course we've had no access to New York or Cuir Majestie. I was lucky enough to find bottles of both Charm & Cuir Majestie on-line, but they were very expensive blind buys (that thankfully I love).

By the way, I checked Harrods on-line and unfortunately Australia is on their restricted list for posting fragrances

By the way, I checked Harrods on-line and unfortunately Australia is on their restricted list for posting fragrances
    Sorry to hear that.

Was wondering myself how different this could be from Oranger Alhambra which didn’t leave much of a lasting impression. I read ‘long-lasting’ and then ‘Ambroxan’ and knew this is probably for the diehard fans /collectors.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Was wondering myself how different this could be from Oranger Alhambra which didn’t leave much of a lasting impression. I read ‘long-lasting’ and then ‘Ambroxan’ and knew this is probably for the diehard fans /collectors.
    My guess is that performance will be on par with the others in the Eaux Collection whether people find that good or bad. As for smell, still the unknown variable.