Code of Conduct
o

Default Has anyone ever had any issues ordering from Oliver & Co. Perfumes.

I placed an order last week during their sale and I've never received an order confirmation but my card has been charged. I've tried to reach out to them and it's been over day with no response. Has anyone else had this issue with Oliver & Co. before, is this normal, should I wait or should I dispute the charge?
    Thanks!
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Has anyone ever had any issues ordering from Oliver & Co. Perfumes.

Is there a phone number for customer service where you can speak to someone?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'd wait a bit. There was a notice that they expect to be very busy with the sale, and that it'll likely take longer for orders to process. They should respond when get the chance.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Is there a phone number for customer service where you can speak to someone?
    There is but it's an international number which I am unable to call.

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I'd wait a bit. There was a notice that they expect to be very busy with the sale, and that it'll likely take longer for orders to process. They should respond when get the chance.
    That is what I'm hoping is the case, I just thought it a bit odd that I never even received an automated email response as soon as I placed the order. How long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to wait for any sort of update?

Still never received my order/shipping confirmation nor do I receive a response to my inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Vagrant View Post
    Still never received my order/shipping confirmation nor do I receive a response to my inquiries.
    Still nothing? Wow.
    Currently wearing: Kalan by Parfums de Marly

Banned

I recently placed an order with them and immediately got a message saying they “accepted payment,” then nothing for about 9 days. I wrote them to inquire without getting much of a response other than an automated link to the order section of my account that listed my order as “being processed” (it had said this since the day my payment was accepted). And then about 4 days later it all showed up in the mail.

My guess is they were really busy with this last sale and as a result customer service took a hit.

Banned

It sounds very similar to my situation. I imagine your stuff will arrive soon.

Were the funds deducted from your account?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

I ordered on July 3rd. I got an confirmation, but it took a good week for my order to get shipped out. I sent them a couple of emails and they never responded, but my packaged arrived after only two days in transit, and it was packaged well. I think they're just behind due to the sale.

What'd you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I recently placed an order with them and immediately got a message saying they “accepted payment,” then nothing for about 9 days. I wrote them to inquire without getting much of a response other than an automated link to the order section of my account that listed my order as “being processed” (it had said this since the day my payment was accepted). And then about 4 days later it all showed up in the mail.

My guess is they were really busy with this last sale and as a result customer service took a hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Were the funds deducted from your account?
    I placed the order on June 27, I never received an order confirmation email (usually there is at least an automated confirmation) nor did my Oliver & Co. account show anything in my order history. However, I saw a pending transaction on my card which then posted two days later on the 29th. I waited another two days before contacting Oliver & Co. to see if there is any update and why I never received any sort of confirmation even though I had been charged. I never received a response to my email and at this point it's been almost three weeks since I've been charged and I have nothing to show for it.

It seems that there are people who ordered at a later date than I did and have already received their packages. I think at this point I should consider this transaction a flop and try to dispute the charge.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this whole affair and the handling of it (or rather lack thereof), I was looking forward to trying a bottle of M.o.u.s.s.e.

Basenotes Junkie

Reach out to your bank and request them to cancel this transaction

I placed the order on June 27, I never received an order confirmation email (usually there is at least an automated confirmation) nor did my Oliver & Co. account show anything in my order history. However, I saw a pending transaction on my card which then posted two days later on the 29th. I waited another two days before contacting Oliver & Co. to see if there is any update and why I never received any sort of confirmation even though I had been charged. I never received a response to my email and at this point it's been almost three weeks since I've been charged and I have nothing to show for it.

It seems that there are people who ordered at a later date than I did and have already received their packages. I think at this point I should consider this transaction a flop and try to dispute the charge.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this whole affair and the handling of it (or rather lack thereof), I was looking forward to trying a bottle of M.o.u.s.s.e.
    Ouch, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. This is my first experience with this house and I enjoy what I bought well enough, but they've seem like they've gone downhill in terms of CS. I read a couple threads from the last sale and a lot of people said they're really responsive.

If its been three weeks and you don't have anything showing in your account history, I'd chargeback. Something definitely got mixed up somewhere, and if they won't even respond to emails...

LATEST UPDATE:
    I had opened a dispute with my credit card about this transaction and after providing them with details and documentation they refunded me. About a week later my package arrived, almost a whole month after ordering it!
    I contacted my Credit Card company and had them cancel the dispute and return the refund.
    All's well that ends well I guess, although there was a fair amount of aggravation along the way.