Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
o

Default Re: Current Antaeus and Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Well I'm not an expert, but I'd say the first thing you should look for is a decant of vintage Egoiste. (They are out there, its how I was first introduced to it)

It seems to be pretty polarizing juice, you either adore it or you hate it and theres not much in between.
    I have a decant of the modern juice and really like it. I'm on a vintage kick though and am hoping for some pre-IFRA juju haha.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    What should one look for in a vintage bottle of Egoiste to snag some with Mysore Sandalwood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Well I'm not an expert, but I'd say the first thing you should look for is a decant of vintage Egoiste. (They are out there, its how I was first introduced to it)

It seems to be pretty polarizing juice, you either adore it or you hate it and theres not much in between.
    My suggestion would be EDT above Chanel bottles. That will guarantee a year from 1990-97ish.

Raiders of the Lost Scent website is helpful to identifying batch codes to identify the year and/or generic year based on observations to look for.

If you need to be pointed in the right direction, just shoot me a PM.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Angélique Encens by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    My suggestion would be EDT above Chanel bottles. That will guarantee a year from 1990-97ish.

Raiders of the Lost Scent website is helpful to identifying batch codes to identify the year and/or generic year based on observations to look for.

If you need to be pointed in the right direction, just shoot me a PM.
    Awesome. Thank you.

In these times, current Antaeus could easily be a niche fragrance. It´s unique. I can´t believe that it is still in production.
    I guess same thing for Egoiste; but here I´m in the "i dont like it" group.
    Best,
    BruceB
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

I love all forms of Antaeus and Egoiste but the vintage versions give me that extra “oomph” I’m looking for. But the biggest compliment I have ever received came from wearing a 2017 bottle of Antaeus (Far Right). It was two middle age women who just so happened to be managers in my office, they talked about how good I smelled for 5 mins straight! It’s all good in its own ways I guess
    77D8A1B9-EBBD-4CCC-8000-DC939DA7B0D6.jpg

Recently snagged a vintage bottle of Egoiste and it exceeds expectations. It's easily the best sandalwood fragrance to my nose. I definitely prefer it over Tam Dao edp and Xerjoff Richwood. The only other sandalwood frag that comes close to my nose is my 2011 bottle of Royal Oud, especially in the dry down. Egoiste is really beautiful stuff. The newer formulation smells quite harsh by comparison though, of course, that's just my subjective take.

Recently snagged a vintage bottle of Egoiste and it exceeds expectations. It's easily the best sandalwood fragrance to my nose. I definitely prefer it over Tam Dao edp and Xerjoff Richwood. The only other sandalwood frag that comes close to my nose is my 2011 bottle of Royal Oud, especially in the dry down. Egoiste is really beautiful stuff. The newer formulation smells quite harsh by comparison though, of course, that's just my subjective take.
    I recently got a decant of a 2019 Egoiste.
    And it smells nice and in no way as bad as many guys on forums say.
    I used to wear Egoiste in mid 90s and even have an old bottle left with a tiny bit of juice just for my personal pleasure to sniff it every few months.

So there's nothing wrong with current Egoiste.
    Same with Antaeus.

I'm very happy with both. By current, my bottle of Antaeus is from 2016, and Egoiste is from 2017 or 2018.

At the same time, I've never experienced vintage versions of the others, so I'm not speaking from the perspective of a comparison. As they are by themselves, I think they're both great.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post

So there's nothing wrong with current Egoiste.
    Same with Antaeus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I'm very happy with both. By current, my bottle of Antaeus is from 2016, and Egoiste is from 2017 or 2018.
    Really pleased to hear these comments!

I have nothing against both in current form and think Chanel deserve at least some credit for at least trying to stick to the original aromas.

I find vintage Egoiste as a much better sandalwood scent as oppose to Tam Dao and Richwood. Another one that I do enjoy is vintage Guerlain Samsara. If you don't mind florals particularly jasmine, iris, and ylang-ylang, it's worth a sniff.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by adamn2020 View Post
    I love all forms of Antaeus and Egoiste but the vintage versions give me that extra “oomph” I’m looking for. But the biggest compliment I have ever received came from wearing a 2017 bottle of Antaeus (Far Right). It was two middle age women who just so happened to be managers in my office, they talked about how good I smelled for 5 mins straight! It’s all good in its own ways I guess
    77D8A1B9-EBBD-4CCC-8000-DC939DA7B0D6.jpg
    Do you know when the clear bottle Antaeus was from?

Current Egoiste smells still great but has frankly a pale duration on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Current Egoiste smells still great but has frankly a pale duration on my skin.
    Same here. I commented on my sentiment before. After about 30 min it was gone.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada