Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Default Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Hi! Has anyone done a review comparison between Azzaro Wanted and Azzaro Wanted by Night? Does anyone own both of these that could tell me more about them? Do they differ much? I recently got a sample of Azzaro Wanted and I really liked it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

    I know everyone has their own tastes, but some other samples I got that I liked were...

    Hugo Boss The Scent, Spicebomb, Vince Camuto Eterno, but Eterno didn't project much and it wore off rather quickly. I also liked Versace Eros. I have been wearing Mont Blanc Legend Intense and Mont Blanc Emblem in recent years, both of which I like. I still like the old Dunhill Desire also. I have YSL L'homme, but I'm not a big fan of it as it seems a bit too feminine to me. I wish they still made Polo Romance.

    Some samples that I really disliked were Terre D'Hermes, Prada Luna Rossa, and Armani Code Profumo. I thought those three were awful. Aqua Di Gio Profumo didn't thrill me either. I had the original Aqua Di Gio in the past, and as popular as it still is, it never thrilled me either despite getting compliments on it.

  2. #2
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,825
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Hi! Has anyone done a review comparison between Azzaro Wanted and Azzaro Wanted by Night? Does anyone own both of these that could tell me more about them? Do they differ much? I recently got a sample of Azzaro Wanted and I really liked it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

    I know everyone has their own tastes, but some other samples I got that I liked were...

    Hugo Boss The Scent, Spicebomb, Vince Camuto Eterno, but Eterno didn't project much and it wore off rather quickly. I also liked Versace Eros. I have been wearing Mont Blanc Legend Intense and Mont Blanc Emblem in recent years, both of which I like. I still like the old Dunhill Desire also. I have YSL L'homme, but I'm not a big fan of it as it seems a bit too feminine to me. I wish they still made Polo Romance.

    Some samples that I really disliked were Terre D'Hermes, Prada Luna Rossa, and Armani Code Profumo. I thought those three were awful. Aqua Di Gio Profumo didn't thrill me either. I had the original Aqua Di Gio in the past, and as popular as it still is, it never thrilled me either despite getting compliments on it.
    I prefer Wanted to Wanted by Night. I like the ginger and incense notes in it, combined with the lemon. Wanted by Night felt darker, spicier, more syrupy to my nose, and not as versatile. I think the point of Wanted by Night is to be sexier and better for romantic use, but I find it cloying and just stick with the regular Wanted. Hope this helps!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  3. #3

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I prefer Wanted to Wanted by Night. I like the ginger and incense notes in it, combined with the lemon. Wanted by Night felt darker, spicier, more syrupy to my nose, and not as versatile. I think the point of Wanted by Night is to be sexier and better for romantic use, but I find it cloying and just stick with the regular Wanted. Hope this helps!

    Thank you! I appreciate it!!!

    Question... Is there a difference between Azzaro Wanted sold at Walmart vs Azzaro Wanted sold at Macy's? Walmart has it for $39.53 and Macy's is $89.00 Both are listed as 3.4 oz. Eau De Toilette Sprays. I worry about knock offs in this case. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    speedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    952

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Doesn't look like there's a difference, other than price, between those two sites.

    I own both and prefer the by Night version since the original Wanted is very sweet, almost too much. Wanted by Night is the darker and less sweet version, although it still has plenty of sweetness. For me, it's the more enjoyable of the two but that's just my opinion. Be sure to sample both.
    Currently wearing: Kenzoair Intense by Kenzo

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,740

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Question... Is there a difference between Azzaro Wanted sold at Walmart vs Azzaro Wanted sold at Macy's? Walmart has it for $39.53 and Macy's is $89.00 Both are listed as 3.4 oz. Eau De Toilette Sprays. I worry about knock offs in this case. Thanks!
    Azzaro Wanted is junk, and though it was released just in 2016 with a fairly hefty marketing push, hasn't made the desired impact in the marketplace. That's why you already see it at the discounters. Same juice as at Macy's and other places trying to peddle it at list price.

    If you like it, fine. Buy it at Walmart and save yourself $50.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Azzaro Wanted is junk, and though it was released just in 2016 with a fairly hefty marketing push, hasn't made the desired impact in the marketplace. That's why you already see it at the discounters. Same juice as at Macy's and other places trying to peddle it at list price.

    If you like it, fine. Buy it at Walmart and save yourself $50.
    Dont worry, Azzaro was just purchased by L’Oreal so we should be seeing the fragrances being created improve dramatically soon.

  7. #7
    Dependent RichMan'sOldSpice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,613

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Dont worry, Azzaro was just purchased by L’Oreal so we should be seeing the fragrances being created improve dramatically soon.
    Wow! I had to search on this and it appears L'Oreal may be acquiring not only Azzaro, but Mugler as well.
    https://www.globalcosmeticsnews.com/...er-and-azzaro/
    https://fashionunited.uk/news/fashio.../2019070344040
    Currently wearing: Vetiver Geranium by Creed

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    296,322

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I prefer Wanted to Wanted by Night. I like the ginger and incense notes in it, combined with the lemon.
    Same here although I do also like the later release.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #9
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    41,415

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Didn't care for either but Wanted by Night smelled better of the two.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  10. #10
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    43,042

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Didn't care for either but Wanted by Night smelled better of the two.
    Same here
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  11. #11
    Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    I far prefer the original. Wanted by Night gives off a sweaty smell to my nose, it could be the cumin, but I don't know.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    24,428
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Love them both, having warmed up to the main accord of Wanted over time.

    Wanted by Night submerges Wanted under a spicy tobacco-type layer. It's a lot closer to BN tastes, IMO. I like that I can still smell Wanted in Wanted by Night, although it's not obvious, to my nose.

    My wife prefers Wanted by Night.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

  13. #13
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    7,825
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate it!!!

    Question... Is there a difference between Azzaro Wanted sold at Walmart vs Azzaro Wanted sold at Macy's? Walmart has it for $39.53 and Macy's is $89.00 Both are listed as 3.4 oz. Eau De Toilette Sprays. I worry about knock offs in this case. Thanks!
    There is no difference between retailers really. It's all official product unless you are at a flea market.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  14. #14
    in civet est veritas
    AceyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Culver City, raised ATL
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    My wife prefers Wanted by Night.
    I agree with her.
    I prefer you in Wanted by Night.

    :-P

    /Acey

    srsly, it's my preferred jus, but I like the OG Wanted lots, too.

  15. #15
    in civet est veritas
    AceyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Culver City, raised ATL
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    My wife prefers Wanted by Night.
    I agree with her.

    I prefer you in Wanted by Night.

    :-P

    /Acey

    srsly, it's my preferred jus, but I like the OG Wanted lots, too.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Both are great scents

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,593

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Didn't care for either but Wanted by Night smelled better of the two.
    My thoughts too when I tested them at Ulta, Wanted by Night has a nice twist to the original dna.
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

  18. #18

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    I far prefer the original. Wanted by Night gives off a sweaty smell to my nose, it could be the cumin, but I don't know.
    After recently getting some Wanted by Night I have to agree with this some what sweaty smell you speak of. I got it with the dry down. It's not terrible, but just a hint of a sweaty smell in my opinion.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    So far, have liked the regular, non flanker Wanted more out of the two, both as actual scent and also regarding the performance obtained

  20. #20
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    296,322

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Both are great scents
    Which one did you prefer of the two?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  21. #21
    a quarter million, tops
    notspendingamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Middleof, Nowhere
    Posts
    1,612

    Default Re: Azzaro Wanted vs Azzaro Wanted By Night?

    I prefer the original fragrance. Neither is super up my alley though. I like the darker brown aesthetix of WBN.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford




Similar Threads

  1. Legit or fake azzaro wanted by night
    By derrydewantara in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th April 2019, 05:46 AM
  2. Azzaro Wanted night VS Eros Flame
    By lovetribe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th March 2019, 01:53 PM
  3. azzaro wanted by night ?? anyone try it and JAGUAR IMPERIAL?
    By conkhi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th July 2018, 05:06 PM
  4. question about azzaro wanted
    By mohsen2015 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th August 2017, 02:07 PM
  5. NEW : Azzaro Wanted
    By shivsri in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 9th July 2017, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000