Code of Conduct
o

Default No Performance From CREED AVENTUS!

Hello

So i just bought Creed Aventus, from the online creed website uk, so im not disputing the authenticity .

However, last night i opened the bottle for the first time. I sprayed it 2-3 times because it took a while for a full squit of pressure to actually come out due to it not being used before.

Within 1 hour the smell has gone and i asked people if they could smell it and no one could smell it , they would literally have to go right up and close to the sprayed area to get a wiff of it.

So I got home 3 hours later and could not smell anything, on my clothes or skin. In fact i stopped smelling it from my skin within 1 hour.

So before i went to bed i shook the bottle waited for the bubbles to go away then sprayed it on a top, to see if i could smell it in the morning,
    So woke up today and i can smell it on the top, its faint but its there. So this was probably 14 or so hours after i sprayed the top.

So My question is, are the first few squirts weak? Is there an issue with my creed? Does it "mature" in time.

I thought perhaps because it was the first time it had ever been used that the scent is weak and thats why it only lasted 2 hours even on my clothes?

People say 1-3 sprays is enough, from my first experience i think anything below 20 would be to little lol

Hope you can share your thoughts and educate me on this matter

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: No Performance From CREED AVENTUS!

Seems fishy try applying to ur shirt if it still performs like that send it back. Even fresh it will be pretty strong, yea over time it matures but fresh out the gate it’s very noticeable for at least 4-5 hours before calming down a bit but still noticeable.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Your skin chemistry just don’t work well with it. Thats it. Simple.
    KEEP
    CALM
    AND
    SMELL
    GOOD

Speaking from a strictly personal experience: one of the few problems NEVER had with Aventus was, at least, so far, performance.

Happening to own and to be glad to own this fragrance currently, managed to reach/obtain good performance from it, with 6-8 minimal, possibly 10 plus hours of skin scent longevity and at the very least moderate if not even better projection.

Comparatively few sprays/little to moderate consumption in relation to its average current purchase price perform decently well, while getting this fragrance discounted/on special offers etc. might further improve its value for money - especially if having the skin chemistry/type allowing this one to last and project well.

Also having to add and to keep in mind getting decent performance from 5-6 sprays from this, but possibly reducing its amount to a minimum of 3-4 sprays/splashes might work almost as well.
    Can therefore imply and also recommend, again based on personal experience with this fragrance alone, that 3-4 sprays could be conclusive for a decent sampling/testing experience, while further increasing the amount of sprays can be even more convincing to indicate how Aventus might last and project in the long run.
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

I may have agreed with that. However. It lasted 1 hour on clothing. So i doubt it's as simple as that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Seems fishy try applying to ur shirt if it still performs like that send it back. Even fresh it will be pretty strong, yea over time it matures but fresh out the gate it’s very noticeable for at least 4-5 hours before calming down a bit but still noticeable.
    Yeah i might have to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce_Vita87 View Post
    Your skin chemistry just don’t work well with it. Thats it. Simple.
    I may have agreed with that. However. It lasted 1 hour on clothing. So i doubt it's as simple as that

maybe aventus creed is not the one for you.
    Currently wearing: Awake by Akro

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    maybe aventus creed is not the one for you.
    Not for my clothes either?

I think the point is being missed here. It only lasted 1-2 hours on my top, i sprayed it on the first day of opening and did not last long. I got home that night because i was baffled. I then shook the bottle, not that it made a difference, sprayed a full spray on a top and went to sleep, i woke up and could smell it off the top, not amazingly strong, but you can tell the scent is there

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure if it matters but

Here is my batch

A4218G11

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Perhaps try applying an unscented moisturizer prior to applying the fragrance and see if that helps. Nothing to lose.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps try applying an unscented moisturizer prior to applying the fragrance and see if that helps. Nothing to lose.
    I did hear about applying Vaseline to the spray areas also works?

Basenotes Junkie

Spray your shirt in wardrobe, close it and test it 8 hours later.
    Aventus is known to make people anosmic, so you don't smell it anymore withing 30 minutes, but others still can enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Spray your shirt in wardrobe, close it and test it 8 hours later.
    Aventus is known to make people anosmic, so you don't smell it anymore withing 30 minutes, but others still can enjoy it
    Thanks

I did however use one spray on my top last night. Left it for 13 hours and could still smell a faint smell.

Who really knows about these things, but I will tell you my experience with a brand new bottle of Aventus a couple of years ago.

Basically, it was exactly as you described. I bought my bottle from an authorized Creed site in Paris, so I also knew mine was genuine. My only previous experience with Aventus was from a 2011 bottle that I wound up selling. Turns out, that bottle was one that is highly coveted today. It had a perfect mix of pineapple and smoke, and it was powerful right from the start. I had to watch my sprays or it brought unwanted attention.

When I sprayed my current bottle (which I believe is from 2018), I was very disappointed. There was only a faint smell of pineapple and it was rather weak. And there was zero smokiness to it, which I didn't expect at all. I was hoping the newer bottle would have less smoke than my 2011 bottle, but I did at least want SOME smoke. But I smelled none.

The projection/longevity was just as you described.....very limited. So the overall smell was weak and it didn't last long. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I used it only occasionally over the next few months, but I noticed that each time I wore it it smelled better and better. Eventually, it actually came to smell like the Aventus I was familiar with. It never has become very smoky, but there's enough to make me happy. And the longevity of it is fine now.....I would say at least equal to your average Creed. I'm actually GLAD it's not as strong as it used to be because it made it difficult to wear in public. I don't like that at all.

So, yes, I do personally believe that Aventus is one of the Creeds that blossoms in the bottle after it is sprayed. And there was just no doubt about it. What I smelled wasn't in my head or "imagined". The only other Creed fragrance I have ever had that did this was my first bottle of Green Irish Tweed. That bottle was from 2010 (I believe), but when I first sprayed it, it literally smelled like nothing. But fast forward a few months, and it came to smell like the classic Creed GIT is known for.

I know it's frustrating, but just hang in there with your Aventus. I think it will eventually become what you thought it was when you purchased it.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

serious answer bottles are often a bit weak and crappy when first sprayed and need some time and use (air inside) before the juice 'comes to life'. this is a contentious point but has been mine and many others experience with bottles of aventus creed. having said that the latest batches have a different scent profile to earlier years and make be less discernable or more prone to causing nose fatigue.

G11 was good from the start but that was from a flacon which are often stronger than bottled variants. i'd never buy a bottle at retail myself the juice needs to be close to £1/ml to be worthwhile. if you paid top dollar and unsure but do like the scent then return it and seek out decants. less risky venture.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Who really knows about these things, but I will tell you my experience with a brand new bottle of Aventus a couple of years ago.

Basically, it was exactly as you described. I bought my bottle from an authorized Creed site in Paris, so I also knew mine was genuine. My only previous experience with Aventus was from a 2011 bottle that I wound up selling. Turns out, that bottle was one that is highly coveted today. It had a perfect mix of pineapple and smoke, and it was powerful right from the start. I had to watch my sprays or it brought unwanted attention.

When I sprayed my current bottle (which I believe is from 2018), I was very disappointed. There was only a faint smell of pineapple and it was rather weak. And there was zero smokiness to it, which I didn't expect at all. I was hoping the newer bottle would have less smoke than my 2011 bottle, but I did at least want SOME smoke. But I smelled none.

The projection/longevity was just as you described.....very limited. So the overall smell was weak and it didn't last long. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I used it only occasionally over the next few months, but I noticed that each time I wore it it smelled better and better. Eventually, it actually came to smell like the Aventus I was familiar with. It never has become very smoky, but there's enough to make me happy. And the longevity of it is fine now.....I would say at least equal to your average Creed. I'm actually GLAD it's not as strong as it used to be because it made it difficult to wear in public. I don't like that at all.

So, yes, I do personally believe that Aventus is one of the Creeds that blossoms in the bottle after it is sprayed. And there was just no doubt about it. What I smelled wasn't in my head of "imagined". The only other Creed fragrance I have ever had that did this was my first bottle of Green Irish Tweed. That bottle was from 2010 (I believe), but when I first sprayed it, it literally smelled like nothing. But fast forward a few months, and it came to smell like the classic Creed GIT is known for.

I know it's frustrating, but just hang in there with your Aventus. I think it will eventually become what you thought it was when you purchased it.
    THIS is what i was looking for, not no bs msg about the batch or "skin chemistry" since the testing was done on fabric. Thank you buddy, i think you pretty much answered my question and since you also first hand experienced what i did, i now feel comfortable with just letting it mature. I probably wont put any more on till a few more months down the line anyway

- - - Updated - - -

serious answer bottles are often a bit weak and crappy when first sprayed and need some time and use (air inside) before the juice 'comes to life'. this is a contentious point but has been mine and many others experience with bottles of aventus creed. having said that the latest batches have a different scent profile to earlier years and make be less discernable or more prone to causing nose fatigue.

G11 was good from the start but that was from a flacon which are often stronger than bottled variants. i'd never buy a bottle at retail myself the juice needs to be close to £1/ml to be worthwhile. if you paid top dollar and unsure but do like the scent then return it and seek out decants. less risky venture.
    thanks buddy, i think ill try once more see how it goes and if all fails just get a replacement and let that one blossom in to a panty dropper over time.

G11 is a great batch, top 3 from 2018 personally. does everything right. if you want something with a bit more oomph the latest 19s have been quite beastly.

Dependent

Go with Bond No.9 SOPFH, it's way cheaper, you don't have to deal with batches and you will have no performance issues whatsoever,

Bond No.9 The Scent of Peace for Him.jpg
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

G11 is a great batch, top 3 from 2018 personally. does everything right. if you want something with a bit more oomph the latest 19s have been quite beastly.
    Im wondering, if i return it for a replacement, perhaps i might get a 19 or at the least what i have right now? That alone should be worth a try?

Don't shake the bottle. It ruins it. It's not ketchup.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by faisal668 View Post
    Im wondering, if i return it for a replacement, perhaps i might get a 19 or at the least what i have right now? That alone should be worth a try?
    they probably get a bunch of requests of people trying to get a different batch, but why not. if you can try 19P01 or P11 these are strong out the gate. P11 sure is.

there's been a few people dissapointed with some of the 18s fresh (G,K) and swapped for 19s and been much happier.

Great question and thread
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Go with Bond No.9 SOPFH, it's way cheaper, you don't have to deal with batches and you will have no performance issues whatsoever,

Bond No.9 The Scent of Peace for Him.jpg
    This has been reformulated as well - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/418...m-Reformulated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by faisal668 View Post
    People say 1-3 sprays is enough, from my first experience i think anything below 20 would be to little lol

Hope you can share your thoughts and educate me on this matter
    You are correct. This is the case with most fragrances.

Maybe let the bottle sit and mature for a couple weeks.