Code of Conduct

Default Single Note Pad question -- create new threads for individual musks or roll into existing 1 thread?

I just received some musk ambrette from Christine (Perfumer Supply House) and while ordinarily I want to work with a material for a while before saying a word, this material is so absolutely slam-dunk, home-run "the real thing" and I knew there was no thread on it, that I wanted to get something started.

(Btw, by "the real thing" I don't mean necessarily being perfectly natural, but being a material that obviously is at a completely superior level to say 99%+ of materials and clearly, easily, can be very important to a fragrance. There are all kinds of things which with skill can be key to a perfume but in and of themselves don't seem that amazing, but I'm talking the level where even the pure material is amazing and it's obvious that combinations will be amazing. There are few things I give this designation to.)

However, the existing musk thread really is almost entirely about natural musk and perfumes or materials that try to recapture the natural and whether they do or not, with rather little on individual synthetic musks. That doesn't seem to be the point of it.

Yet if we start up threads for individual synthetics, that could run to quite a few, as many as people would be inspired to start so I'm totally undecided on how this should be organized?

Thoughts?

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Single Note Pad question -- create new threads for individual musks or roll into existing 1 thre

I like the direction you're exploring. But alas I can offer no directional organization tips. Will follow with interest though!

Default Re: Single Note Pad question -- create new threads for individual musks or roll into existing 1 thre

I'd add it to the musk thread and PM Asha to include your description in the opening post. Or the other way around.