Code of Conduct
o
    Banned

Default So...Thierry Mugler Angel Has Been Revamped Into a New Scent?

I just looked in my mailbox and saw that Mugler had sent me a small bubble envelope. I was expecting maybe samples of a new men's release or the Cologne additions. But instead I get this card that says, "Angel: Eau de Toilette." "Introducing the NEW (their emphasis on 'new') Angel EDT: a dream that will take you places you've never been before." On the other side it says, "Enjoy this Angel treat to celebrate the launch of our sensual NEW Ange Eau de Toilette," and there's a gift card if you purchase something.

Anyway, I haven't smelled it yet, but have you all heard about this already? Is this old news in the Female Fragrance Discussion forum?

And if you have smelled it, how do you like it and what are the differences, to your nose?

I'll be sampling this later on today. FWIW, I've recently though that Angel could use a little modification or update, maybe dial down the patchouli a little bit. I'm curious to see what they did here.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: So...Thierry Mugler Angel Has Been Revamped Into a New Scent?

I got the same sample! I like it a lot actually, probably because I don't like the original Angel. The green apple note up against the patchouli gave this an herbal spicy quality and reminded me of Lolita Lempicka which I love, so I was happy. It wore very nicely on a hot day too.

I just tried it (one spray on the back of my hands) and am not ambivalent about the change.

Whereas the earlier EdT seemed somewhat redundant due to how similar it is to Innocent, this new version swings the other way and feels like one of those Angel summer flankers. Greydove is bang on about the green apple note which is rather nice, but otherwise, the fragrance seems to lack depth.

I'm a bit worried about the strength / performance. It seems pretty much neutered in this regard and I can only smell it when I press my nose against it (applied it around 15 minutes ago).

I'll try spraying more tomorrow to see how it'll work.

It is only the edt that has been reissued in a "new" version. The edp is still the same Angel (although it certainly has been reformulated several times and now seems rather thin). I have yet to skin test the new edt. Just sniffed it last trip downtown and it seems somewhat sweeter and fruitier than the original edt.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Sounds encouraging! I really--viscerally--do not like the original, so there is only one way to go and that is up!
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: Endymion by Penhaligon's