Code of Conduct
o
    Blog Entries

Default Mancera recommendation...

Hi everyone!

Thereís so many Mancera fragrances that itís become even more confusing than the Montale range. Urgh.

Iím essentially after a Mancera thatís like a more refined Montale Black Aoud. Something with a dark masculine rose note (not too fruity, dusty or powdery) and a patchouli or woody base (but smooth without overpowering the rose). Nothing super complex or sweet please. No strong vanilla or other notes. I definitely want the rose to be the focus.

As a reference I enjoy TF Noir de Noir, LíArtisan Voleur de Roses, Cartier Declaration díUn Soir, JHaG Midnight Oud and Chanel Egoiste.

Dior Ambre Nuitís rose note is too delicate and Dior Oud Ispahanís rose note is too dusty I think.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Oriental and rose addict...
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Default Re: Mancera recommendation...

Black to black has prominent rose note. Too rosey IMO. Smells like air freshener/cheap rose water to me. But seems to be popular with a lot of people, bizarrely.

Blog Entries

Hey Taz, Iíve tried a few roses from Mancera, they do rose very well itís just the other notes they use that can bring down their rose compositions. My favorite was Black Line, slightly smoky, slightly woody, slightly leathery. More importantly the Rose note is gorgeous, jammy and rich.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Yes - give Black Line a try.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Mancera is one of my favourite house so my opinion might be a bit biased. But we have to agree that Mancera does the rose note nicely and projection/longevity are above average. If not way above in some cases.

So, + one for Black Line

And others with a nice rose note in order of preference:
    - Aoud Sandroses (very nice !)
    - Gold Intensitive Aoud
    - Black Intensitive Aoud
    - Black to Black
    Currently wearing: Intense Pepper by Montale

Montale Mancera are top notch. Looking forward to my NYC visit to sample many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Montale Mancera are top notch. Looking forward to my NYC visit to sample many of them.
    Don't know whether NYC will have the two newest Manceras when you are there, but if they do check them out as they are very nice: Precious Oud and Instant Crush
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Bergdorf has best selection of ‘cera and ‘tale? Anywhere else

I’ll look for these two and the black line and that gold one.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Bergdorf has best selection of ‘cera and ‘tale? Anywhere else

I’ll look for these two and the black line and that gold one.
    Bergdorf doesn't carry Mancera, only Montale. Same for the new Nieman Marcus. However, Osswald, Bloomingdales, and Saks carry both Mancera and Montale. Aedes only Montale.

I’ll prob go to bergdorf and Oswald’s then. Been to both previously so know their locations. Excited to smell more montales.

After falling in love with Cedrat Boise, I too want to purchase more from Mancera. Next in line are
    mancera lemon line
    mancera kumkat wood

and perhaps mancera wild fruits too since it's compared to silver mountain water.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys! Multiple recommendations for Black Line, so I will definitely snap up a bottle when I get a chance!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mistertaz View Post
    Thanks guys! Multiple recommendations for Black Line, so I will definitely snap up a bottle when I get a chance!

I'm coming in with a late entry, but I've been amazed by Mancera Black Gold--a super slick ultra modern spicy woods for men. Try it if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I'm coming in with a late entry, but I've been amazed by Mancera Black Gold--a super slick ultra modern spicy woods for men. Try it if you can!
    Another good suggestion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes - give Black Line a try.
    Hednic (or anyone else)... any experience with Wild Rose Aoud?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Mancera is one of my favourite house so my opinion might be a bit biased. But we have to agree that Mancera does the rose note nicely and projection/longevity are above average. If not way above in some cases.

So, + one for Black Line

And others with a nice rose note in order of preference:
    - Aoud Sandroses (very nice !)
    - Gold Intensitive Aoud
    - Black Intensitive Aoud
    - Black to Black
    Hi MGB! Thanks for your suggestions! Could you please give me some idea of the rough differences between your choices and why? Thanks so much!

No strong vanilla or other notes. I definitely want the rose to be the focus.
    I think The Aoud might be precisely what you're looking for.

Mancera Aoud Line is what you want
    Top 30:
    1. Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
    2. FM Carnal Flower/Iris Poudre
    3. Le Labo Bergamote 22/Mancera Soleil d'Italie
    4. Dior Oud Ispahan/Mancera Aoud Line/Mancera Roses Vanille
    5. Bond No. 9 Eau de New York/Bleecker Street
    6. Amouage Beach Hut Man
    7. MFK Oud Satin Mood/Grand Soir/Aqua Celestia Forte
    8. TF NP Forte/Tobacco Vanille/Santal Blush/Venetian Bergamot/Mandarino di Amalfi/Azure Lime/Vert Boheme/Italian Cypress/Oud Minerale
    9. Creed OV/RM/GIT/SMW
    10. AdP Essenza/Club/Oud

Hednic (or anyone else)... any experience with Wild Rose Aoud?
    Yes, I own it. opens with a short burst of citrus and quickly transitions into a deep earthy rose before it eventually dries down into a slightly medicinal oud. Very good longevity.

By the way, Instant Crush one of their latest is a very nice oriental with very good performance.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Hey Taz, I’ve tried a few roses from Mancera, they do rose very well it’s just the other notes they use that can bring down their rose compositions. My favorite was Black Line, slightly smoky, slightly woody, slightly leathery. More importantly the Rose note is gorgeous, jammy and rich.
    Another vote for Black Line. Everything Nick mentioned with the polish of a mall scent. Very nicely done.