Code of Conduct
o

Default Non American members - Where do you buy your materials from?

I just went to place an order on Perfumers Apprentice and the shipping charges have become crazy. So I am looking for alternatives. Any one know any good non American suppliers of quality raw materials? Pell Wall is a little too expensive in terms of shipping. CG Herbals has closed down. Liaison Carbone only has more exotic materials. So any other reputable suppliers would be appreciated. If you know a small quantity supplier in India that would be phenomenal. Otherwise someone out of Europe (No British suppliers, their shipping is crazy) would be great.

Default Re: Non American members - Where do you buy your materials from?

I buy some of mine at pell wall ( chris barlet ) who writes here in the forum. But there are a few more. If i m nit wrong : white lotus and . There is a dutch dude as well thats sells and afew more i forgot(sorry) there is also perfumers world in thailand...they seel as well but from what i read they have not the best reviews for their ingridients.
    I m sure there are plent mores. But also depend on the quantities you need. There are suppliers by the kg almost everywhere....spain. italy . Greece. France...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Principality of Monaco Arcadi Boix Camps auram.net

I use hermitage oils for naturals and pellwall for the rest. Both of them are from my point of view rock solid in terms of service & quality.

Quote Originally Posted by needaname View Post
    I just went to place an order on Perfumers Apprentice and the shipping charges have become crazy. So I am looking for alternatives. Any one know any good non American suppliers of quality raw materials? Pell Wall is a little too expensive in terms of shipping. CG Herbals has closed down. Liaison Carbone only has more exotic materials. So any other reputable suppliers would be appreciated. If you know a small quantity supplier in India that would be phenomenal. Otherwise someone out of Europe (No British suppliers, their shipping is crazy) would be great.
    i buy something from Liaison Carbone,( Rebekka, by the way, can get what are you looking for if you ask her) something from Perfumersworld, something from Perfumersupplyhouse (still good price first class delivery) I ask a friends to bring a little from America with you if someone is traveling. Shipping prices from there really became monstrous.))

I usually buy from Perfumer Supply House. They ship USPS for international addresses and doesn't cost as much as Pell Wall or Perfumer's Apprentice. Perfumer's Apprentice is great for the selection, but I only order there when I have a big order because of the expensive shipping.

Thanks everyone for your inputs, It looks like the usual suppliers are on everyones list. It seems like Perfumer's Apprentice and Pell Wall are the best suppliers in terms of width of products especially for more commonly used items like Vertrofix, Galaxolide, Iso-E etc but unfortunately both their shipping costs are astronomical. I will have to explore options to see if there is any way to make things cheaper. Thanks once again for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
    i buy something from Liaison Carbone,( Rebekka, by the way, can get what are you looking for if you ask her) something from Perfumersworld, something from Perfumersupplyhouse (still good price first class delivery) I ask a friends to bring a little from America with you if someone is traveling. Shipping prices from there really became monstrous.))
    I have only once asked Rebekka for some sample items which she was kind enough to get for me. I will talk to her and see if she can get smaller quantities of common items. Thanks.

Perfumers Supply House and Creating Perfume. Both have an excellent range and reasonable shipping charges to Australia.

To the best of my knowledge... you can get all the products and chemicals you want in every developed country...you just need to find the right suppliers.. if you look at companies that supply chemical for research...they would all have almost everything or able tk bring everything...sometimes they even give free samples (10-30grams) which is plenty for amateur perfumers...
    Yet. You do need an account . And pricess vary. And it is more dificult to deal with them... and they do not give a certificate for outsode use...witch is the main problem... it is listed as research material. ( this is to the best of my knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by refael_sakura View Post
    To the best of my knowledge... you can get all the products and chemicals you want in every developed country...you just need to find the right suppliers.. if you look at companies that supply chemical for research...they would all have almost everything or able tk bring everything...sometimes they even give free samples (10-30grams) which is plenty for amateur perfumers...
    Yet. You do need an account . And pricess vary. And it is more dificult to deal with them... and they do not give a certificate for outsode use...witch is the main problem... it is listed as research material. ( this is to the best of my knowledge)

it's not so easy there unfortunately. These companies will give you a few samplers, provided you buy something from them in kilograms. No one in samplers will provide you with his entire range. And most likely they will go for it only if they understand that you represent some company in the hope of a good sale in the future.

Not true completly . Research supply comanies seels small amounts...but they state it is for research only!

I am from Brazil, South America. Some of my notes cames from PerfumersApprentice.com.
    Essential Oils and natural origin aroma chemicals are very cheap and high quality, but synthetics are a pain, so I acquire they from perfumersapprentice.com.

if you look at companies that supply chemical for research...
    i agree with the points Dmitry mentioned. another problem is that there is a difference if a material is produced for fragrance production, or for other lab purposes. even if it is stated that the purity is extremely high, doesn't mean those are perfectly suitable for fragrances. the smell will in most cases be (slightly) different. i'm writing this out of experience. since then i'm purchasing only explicitly stated ingredients for perfumes from reputable resellers.

There is a dutch dude as well thats sells
    Might be 'Fair Organic / Healing Ayurveda' in Rotterdam? Ages ago I bought Frangipani from there -- supposedly 100% pure plumeria obtusa from Sri Lanka -- and it is lovely. Site looks very legit. Might be worth a look.

Basenotes Junkie

I am from Europe, The Netherlands and can recommend https://www.hekserij.nl (use Google translate, or their 1980 webdesign (sorry Jan Meutgeert), http://www.hexapus.nl for English). Good value for your money and trustworthy and quality materials.
    Please visit my blog for a listing of all my free formulas

Quote Originally Posted by jsparla View Post
    I am from Europe, The Netherlands and can recommend https://www.hekserij.nl (use Google translate, or their 1980 webdesign (sorry Jan Meutgeert), http://www.hexapus.nl for English). Good value for your money and trustworthy and quality materials.
    Thanks for that, someone else in the thread also mentioned hexapus. I am checking them out. Will contact them for my next order and see if they ship to me.

Basenotes Junkie

...someone else in the thread also mentioned hexapus. ...
    Not to my knowledge, i am not the kind of guy that duplicates content #lol You must have read it somewhere else.
    Nonetheless, all the best.
    Please visit my blog for a listing of all my free formulas

Quote Originally Posted by pavomi View Post
    i agree with the points Dmitry mentioned. another problem is that there is a difference if a material is produced for fragrance production, or for other lab purposes. even if it is stated that the purity is extremely high, doesn't mean those are perfectly suitable for fragrances. the smell will in most cases be (slightly) different. i'm writing this out of experience. since then i'm purchasing only explicitly stated ingredients for perfumes from reputable resellers.
    Thanks. Thats important to know

I havnt read all the posts but I paid no shipping from hermitage to the uk, not sure if there was a deal on as I’ve not bought from there before or if they do free shipping over a certain amount?

Thanks everyone for your inputs, It looks like the usual suppliers are on everyones list. It seems like Perfumer's Apprentice and Pell Wall are the best suppliers in terms of width of products especially for more commonly used items like Vertrofix, Galaxolide, Iso-E etc but unfortunately both their shipping costs are astronomical. I will have to explore options to see if there is any way to make things cheaper. Thanks once again for all your help.

Just an idea, but if you trust people on here who are also buying from perfumers apprentice, maybe somehow contact each other and order what you both need, then go half’s on the shipping? Then once it gets to the uk for example, go half’s on the shipping to their house. Sounds a bit of a carry on but could save money?