Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 8 of 8
o
  1. #1
    The_Cologneist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    10,016
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Looking for a stronger alternative to Acqua di Selva. Price I am not worried about, as long as it's not crazy luxe/niche prices. Please don't recommend Pino and Acqua di Brava, I own both and they are nothing alike. The closest thing I have found to it, is probably Ferrari Radiant Bergamot, and the discontinued Davidoff Relax. So I guess in theory if you could recommend a more herbal, more green, and more minty Radiant Bergamot, that could work.

    For me, Acqua di Selva has an addictive smell, but the longevity is just so bad. Even when I bring a decant with me to freshen up, it pretty much wears like an aftershave.. very thin, and 1 layer like. It dissipates fast, and is gone within an hour.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: On El by J del Pozo

  2. #2

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Quorum?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Taking the liberty to recommend at least too fragrances already in your wardrobe and thus costing you literally nothing (unless you want to backup on any of these):

    Cartier Roadster and Creed Royal Mayfair,

    should more openly minty and somewhat less herbal alternative options- both of these with improved performance rendition on a certain comparable fragrance theme- qualify.
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

  4. #4

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    I love Acqua di Selva too but hate its abysmal performance. Only thing I've smelled that comes close is Acqua di Parma Colonia Club. It's also a combination of green notes, citrus (in this case bergamot), and mint. Green Water by Jacques Fath I recently tried and was absolutely horrible. Barely had any smell. I bought a vintage frosted bottle version. Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's is ok but the pine is too sharp and it's not as good as Acqua di Selva or Colonia Club in terms of smell. Fiero by Xerjoff is somewhat similar also and has good performance but has barely any mint in it, and is a bit too sweet.
    Top 30:
    1. Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
    2. FM Carnal Flower/Iris Poudre
    3. Le Labo Bergamote 22/Mancera Soleil d'Italie
    4. Dior Oud Ispahan/Mancera Aoud Line/Mancera Roses Vanille
    5. Bond No. 9 Eau de New York/Bleecker Street
    6. Amouage Beach Hut Man
    7. MFK Oud Satin Mood/Grand Soir/Aqua Celestia Forte
    8. TF NP Forte/Tobacco Vanille/Santal Blush/Venetian Bergamot/Mandarino di Amalfi/Azure Lime/Vert Boheme/Italian Cypress/Oud Minerale
    9. Creed OV/RM/GIT/SMW
    10. AdP Essenza/Club/Oud

  5. #5

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Royal Mayfair is not like Acqua di Selva at all. It's pine, rose, and eucalyptus, with a bit of gin accord with lime. But it is very good on its own and has great performance.
    Top 30:
    1. Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint
    2. FM Carnal Flower/Iris Poudre
    3. Le Labo Bergamote 22/Mancera Soleil d'Italie
    4. Dior Oud Ispahan/Mancera Aoud Line/Mancera Roses Vanille
    5. Bond No. 9 Eau de New York/Bleecker Street
    6. Amouage Beach Hut Man
    7. MFK Oud Satin Mood/Grand Soir/Aqua Celestia Forte
    8. TF NP Forte/Tobacco Vanille/Santal Blush/Venetian Bergamot/Mandarino di Amalfi/Azure Lime/Vert Boheme/Italian Cypress/Oud Minerale
    9. Creed OV/RM/GIT/SMW
    10. AdP Essenza/Club/Oud

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    12,389
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Mint is one of my favourite notes. For (relatively) light mint fragrances i frequently alternate between Acua di Selva and Miller Harris' Citron Citron, a more citrus-driven mint frag.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!
    Currently wearing: Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

  7. #7
    The_Cologneist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    10,016
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Quorum?
    Not at all alike to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Taking the liberty to recommend at least too fragrances already in your wardrobe and thus costing you literally nothing (unless you want to backup on any of these):

    Cartier Roadster and Creed Royal Mayfair,

    should more openly minty and somewhat less herbal alternative options- both of these with improved performance rendition on a certain comparable fragrance theme- qualify.
    Layering the 2 of them actually sounds interesting, and I may have to try it, although I have never really been one to layer. I don't find either of them similar to AdS.

    Quote Originally Posted by seeroos.syed View Post
    I love Acqua di Selva too but hate its abysmal performance. Only thing I've smelled that comes close is Acqua di Parma Colonia Club. It's also a combination of green notes, citrus (in this case bergamot), and mint. Green Water by Jacques Fath I recently tried and was absolutely horrible. Barely had any smell. I bought a vintage frosted bottle version. Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's is ok but the pine is too sharp and it's not as good as Acqua di Selva or Colonia Club in terms of smell. Fiero by Xerjoff is somewhat similar also and has good performance but has barely any mint in it, and is a bit too sweet.
    Thank you. I am not sure if I tried Colonia Club, but it sounds nice. I don't think Green Water is similar, as the mints used are very different. I tend to sway away from anything Xerjoff, as the price is just too high for my budget in most cases.


    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Mint is one of my favourite notes. For (relatively) light mint fragrances i frequently alternate between Acua di Selva and Miller Harris' Citron Citron, a more citrus-driven mint frag.
    I think i tried this a long long time ago, and don't recall any similarity. I remember most of the MH frags I tried to be very citrus, very natural smelling, and very unisex. I know there was 1 from MH I really liked when I tried it, but can't remember which. I haven't smelled any MH frag in about 8 years.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: On El by J del Pozo

  8. #8
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,330

    Default Re: Acqua di Selva but stronger?



    Not stronger probably but about same smell....
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Cartier: Santos edt (vtg)
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille




Similar Threads

  1. Is there anything like Acqua di Selva but stronger?
    By seeroos.syed in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30th January 2019, 04:59 AM
  2. Acqua di Selva
    By Smokin Dave in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th May 2017, 03:24 AM
  3. Acqua di Selva
    By wilson in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 3rd December 2013, 05:09 AM
  4. Acqua di Selva
    By Zerby in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd December 2013, 04:50 AM
  5. acqua di selva.
    By canopus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th February 2010, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000