Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: What's worth noting at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Oh, every time I try TF frags at a department store, SAs make a beeline for me and I can't shake 'em. It's frustrating.
    If you can find a Sephora with the full PB line, you can test in relative peace and calm. Not sure how common of an occurrence that is, but the downtown San Francisco Sephora has almost the full line, and I would bet many other major cities do as well.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Madhat Scents - a Basenoter and all around great guy - is also flourishing as a perfumer. Ash and Rose is something special IMO, but there are many well-received frags in his line.
    Currently wearing: Slowdive by Hiram Green

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    For what's in the bottle, or the fanboys' reaction to another $435 Aventus bottle hitting the market?
    You, North Americans, act like there's no world outside. Prices in Europe for any Creeds are a lot lower.
    Aventus Cologne is 50% less expensive here, so it makes it quite a decent purchase and, thus, you might see so many people hyping it

I own Tom Ford stuff so, y'know, I'm not immune to buying "overpriced" fragrances. That said, I wouldn't want Aventus Cologne even if it was free. It's not an exciting or interesting scent regardless of price point.
    The Brooks Otterlake Sale Thread

Holiday Favorites
    Bentley for Men Intense, Franck Boclet Tobacco, L'Erbolario Méharées, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDT, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford for Men Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    You, North Americans, act like there's no world outside. Prices in Europe for any Creeds are a lot lower.
    Aventus Cologne is 50% less expensive here, so it makes it quite a decent purchase and, thus, you might see so many people hyping it
    So you can buy a 4oz bottle of aventus for the equivalent of $90 USD?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    I can't say buying Aventus would ever amount to an exciting purchase for me, at whatever price. And no, I don't hate the stuff. Just find it dull and uninteresting, with an obscene sticker price.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    I can't say buying Aventus would ever amount to an exciting purchase for me, at whatever price. And no, I don't hate the stuff. Just find it dull and uninteresting, with an obscene sticker price.
    It's GREAT WHITE North American to you!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren