Code of Conduct

Default Smelled mont blanc explorer at Dillards

Aventus-lite. I nice starter version for those not man enough to wear aventus. Like getting your chrystler 300 since it kinda
    looks like a Bentley.

Default Re: Smelled mont blanc explorer at Dillards

Its crap
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Aventus-lite. I nice starter version for those not man enough to wear aventus. Like getting your chrystler 300 since it kinda
    looks like a Bentley.
    It's "Aventus Sport" to me, with the pineapple and birch replaced with sage and vetiver, respectively.
    It's also a good way to save your Aventus for special occasions lol

The old Chrysler 300's from the 50's and 60's were boss. Jay Leno has done some videos on them.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Etiquette Bleue by D'Orsay

For those that want a tricycle version of aventus its a nice option, but if you own aventus its pointless.

Ted baker has a simillar aventus clone at nordstroms at a similar price point iirc

I do understand not everyone can afford aventus so this may have to do if on a budget

"A chrystler 300 does look like a phantom...until a phantom pulls up" - katt williams

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I personally like and enjoy it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

For those that want a tricycle version of aventus its a nice option, but if you own aventus its pointless.

Ted baker has a simillar aventus clone at nordstroms at a similar price point iirc

I do understand not everyone can afford aventus so this may have to do if on a budget

"A chrystler 300 does look like a phantom...until a phantom pulls up" - katt williams
    It's not pointless! I own Aventus too! Sometimes you want a steak, but sometimes you want a Big Mac. Make sense?

looks like a Bentley.
    Today?

Where have you been?

a quarter million, tops

I liked it when i tried it. From all the talk i expected it to suck. I was suprised. I thought it was a really nice fragrance. Aventus-ish, but different. I thought it smelled really good much later on.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Not man enough to wear Aventus, huh.
    Currently wearing: Ambergreen by Oliver & Co.

Freed from BN Institution

I personally didn't care for it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    It's not pointless! I own Aventus too! Sometimes you want a steak, but sometimes you want a Big Mac. Make sense?
    This. Maybe it’s the price preying on my mind as well, but the lesser complexity and depth makes it an easier casual wear.

Not man enough to wear Aventus? The fruity fresh aspects of Aventus means it never struck me as particularly manly. My 4 yr old daughter could wear it.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    This. Maybe it’s the price preying on my mind as well, but the lesser complexity and depth makes it an easier casual wear.

Not man enough to wear Aventus? The fruity fresh aspects of Aventus means it never struck me as particularly manly. My 4 yr old daughter could wear it.
    To be honest, most Creeds outside of Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Himalaya, Royal Oud, or the older vaulted ones like Acier Aluminem seem to strike me as rather unisex, this includes the various "waters" and other freshies.

looks like a Bentley.
    Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    Its crap
    My feelings on it lie somewhere in between these.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

I tried this for the second time the other week.

I think it's unimpressive and generic-smelling, but there are worse things out there. The problem with "poor man's Aventus" scents is that what distinguishes Aventus isn't really its structure but the quality of the ingredients and blend, so when you strip it down you're left with a whole lot of nothing special.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

I like it, but the performace is abysmal for me.I can't smell it on me after 15 minutes.

Can this be critiqued on it's own merits or is it so blatantly a copy then it can't be viewed in such a way?
    I tried it at Macy's a few weeks back and thought it was pretty damn good.
    I was never in love with Aventus at all, so maybe I'm more forgiving.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Can this be critiqued on it's own merits or is it so blatantly a copy then it can't be viewed in such a way?
    I tried it at Macy's a few weeks back and thought it was pretty damn good.
    I was never in love with Aventus at all, so maybe I'm more forgiving.
    On its own terms, I think it's a run of the mill designer scent.

I don't think it smells much like Aventus proper and wouldn't connect the two if folks hadn't already hyped it as a kind of clone. You can't evoke Aventus properly without pineapple.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    On its own terms, I think it's a run of the mill designer scent.

I don't think it smells much like Aventus proper and wouldn't connect the two if folks hadn't already hyped it as a kind of clone. You can't evoke Aventus properly without pineapple.
    It's definitely a mall scent. But with that in mind, I think it stands out well.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

I like it.

As I’ve said way too many times already, I think it smells pretty similar to Aventus, but also smells nice in its own right,. Since I don’t like Aventus enough to drop the money on it, but do like it to the point that I’d like to wear it 10 times a year, Explorer works fine in that scenario. I also find something about Explorer that’s easier to wear...it’s got that “set it and forget it” appeal while wearing Aventus is a bit more demanding. I also like the way they treated the Ambroxan here, it smells good.

Dependent

I find it nice enough to own a bottle, which I use relatively frequently. However, I do wear Aventus enough to justify the price so have some to my name (typically, decants from reputable sellers). As others have mentioned, it is quite similar in some respects and quite different in others. For the price, I'm willing to sacrifice some performance, but it still lasts well on me. I also find it smells sweeter on me than Aventus, though I don't particularly see value in drawing comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    To be honest, most Creeds outside of Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Himalaya, Royal Oud, or the older vaulted ones like Acier Aluminem seem to strike me as rather unisex, this includes the various "waters" and other freshies.
    I know women wearing Royal Oud. Very unisex to me.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw