Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit De L'Homme - (2017 and newer batches ONLY) - Performance

Hello guys, I'm interested in knowing about YSL La Nuit De L'homme (Strictly Not the Le Parfum or Intense or Frozen Cologne or any other flanker) - I wish to settle this once and for all.

From what I heard the 2017 and newer batches are horrible in performance. But I wanted to know if it's really that bad.

For me Sillage/Projection matters a lot, since no use of longevity if you are the only one smelling it for 12 hours. So even if lasts 5-6 hours but with good projection, I'm good.

Scenarios I'll be using it:
    - Indoor Clubs
    - Long Drives with a Girl
    - Date Night
    - Post-Date Night. wink

Please guide me on this one. How far and how long does it project for & how long does it last that way. On skin as well as clothes. Also, how does this compare to CH Men Prive which I already own and love.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. Please only reply if you own it or have tried it properly, I don't want blind reviews based on other reviews.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit De L'Homme - (2017 and newer batches ONLY) - Performance

There was a topic about it this week (or a week ago), search for it.
    My advice would be for you to go to department store and test it yourself - it is sold everywhere.
    It'll be a much better answer to your question than any recommendation here

Default Re: Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit De L'Homme - (2017 and newer batches ONLY) - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    My advice would be for you to go to department store and test it yourself - it is sold everywhere.
    It'll be a much better answer to your question than any recommendation here
    Listen to the ZIZZ! It's what I've done. I've tried LaNuit probably a dozen times and it lasts me all day. At the worst, I'd say it holds up for around 6 hours. On me, it was 8+.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sound advice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Four hours of longevity tops, with moderate projection (maybe a couple of feet) for the first two hours.

Freed from BN Institution

Performance for these recent bottles aren't as good as it used to be. If you're looking at longevity I would say 4-6 hours with moderate silage early on before becoming a skin scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

This and L'Homme are the two best scents you can wear. Trust me, the ladies love both. No reason to buy anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    This and L'Homme are the two best scents you can wear. Trust me, the ladies love both. No reason to buy anything else.
    What if I don't like the smell of them?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    What if I don't like the smell of them?
    Clap in your hands and spin around. Ladies love it, so you should wear it!

many videos testify this LMAO!

Performance is about 3-5 hours on my skin before it’s totally gone. If you like LNDL and are possibly looking into purchasing older batches I would say save your money. If you like it then get it, just spray a couple of extra sprays. The smell to my nose is the same as previous. Maybe carry an atomizer with you? Nothing wrong with reapplication, just a spray or two to keep it rocking.

also useful to do pushups to condition the body and mind. ideally one handed.

Ive not tried since 2016, trying it 2016 made me stock up on old formulation. Got 2 first release 1 first reform which was also good, 2nd reform onward was the letdown.

I own a first reformulation 8YB02-2 bottle (which is supposed to be quite good) and a 2019 bottle. No problem with the 2019 bottle at all.

I think in 2017 there was an issue with bad performance, but I'm not sure that stands any more.

Just buy a brand new bottle.

I have a bottle from 2018, lasts all day on me. Not sure how far it projects since I use max two sprays.

Actual projection is moderate in the first hour or so. My kid's babysitter gets all "riled up" whenever I'm wearing this around her, especially in that time frame. It does become closer to the skin from there on out, which goes for pretty much all day on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Tolu by Ormonde Jayne

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    I own a first reformulation 8YB02-2 bottle (which is supposed to be quite good) and a 2019 bottle. No problem with the 2019 bottle at all.

I think in 2017 there was an issue with bad performance, but I'm not sure that stands any more.

Just buy a brand new bottle.
    I'll have to go to Sephora to sample the current batch then.

I remember that, too.

These were my thoughts about it: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/432...=1#post4658447

Perfect fragrance for your scenarios, IMO. Average longevity; a few hours.

Just digged up my bottles and if you ever find a secluded store that might carry old fragrances, try and find a box of La Nuit that has either of these numbers on the back: 8YB02-1 or 8YB02-2

Those are original and first reformulation batches. They both last about the same, but the 8YB02-1 smells a bit better.