Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday, 21st July, 2019

Sotd is Jicky

Between two pine trees

How did the Yardley work out, PerfumedLady? I hope you found a way to stay cool today

ClockworkAlice, my two favorite JMs are Wood Sage & Sea Salt and Mimosa & Cardamom. It sounds like you had fun!

Mike, I love the gym, too, for many of the same reasons you mentioned, and I’d rather work out there and go to group classes. So much fun and energy! But I most love my walks in nature (vs just around the neighborhood) and my hikes. My soul cries out for that connection with natural beauty. It’s a balm for me.

I’m now in Michigan until Friday, wearing my travel signature Daim Blond.

Hope you all have nice evening!
    Currently wearing: Bracken Woman by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Thank you for sharing your favourites! I liked Lime Basil & Mandarin and Grapefruit a lot, too. Basil & Neroli was nice, but I didn't love it as much. I also enjoyed Pomegranate Noir, Dark Amber & Ginger Lily, Myrrh & Tonka, and Black Cedarwood & Juniper a lot. I'll definitely come back there sometime to sniff and try out some more.

Devilcat, happy birthday!

And wishing some cool breeze to everyone in the heat!
    That's an excellent day of sampling! Agree with you completely on those I've tried. LB&M and Grapefruit are the ones I loved enough to buy and they layer together nicely, so I got a bonus scent out of the deal. Like but probably don't need Basil & Neroli. Myrrh & Tonka is really gorgeous (and also works beautifully with LB&M) and I was tempted to get it immediately. But for now, I'm making do with a sample, until after trying more of the Intense line. Then, we'll see!

Staying in the AC the rest of the day and wearing Coco Mad.The Yardley was as remembered, ExtremeK! It did make a nice little companion for outside chores (only a few today!) and held on surprisingly well for a cheap & cheerful thing.

For butterfly lovers and especially for Quarry, who encouraged planting of milkweed. We already had a few in the yard, from which we collected seeds and made more, bigger plantings. The payoff has been huge; we see more and more monarchs each year. This guy is one of two who dive-bombed me as I stepped out the back door this afternoon! Quite a sense of humor they have
    2019-07-21_12-14-47_617.jpg
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday, Devilcat.

It hot as you know where here & has been for the past 4 days. Storms have been pretty violent when they pop up, as a result. We're supposed to be getting a break tonight; which means more severe thunderstorms and pressure induced headaches/migraines.

I've been on a spritz-a-thon of my most refreshing scents: Guerlain's AA Mandarine Basilic, JM's LBM, Chanel's #19 edt, Cristalle edt, & Eau Vert, #5 Eau Premiere, & L'Eau, Riveria edt, Zoologist's Elephant & Dodo. These are most of what I've been wearing for the past 2 weeks.
    It's that time of year again where my daughter asks; "Mom, why does the cat smell like Chamade?"
    Currently wearing: Epic Woman by Amouage

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post

Soo hot and yuck, wet! Steam everywhere! Can't even see out the windows this morning.
    I was watching the news earlier this morning, the entire eastern seaboard will be hit with a major heat wave, many location will be in the triple digits. The good news is that it will cool down starting tomorrow.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

How wonderful, PL!
    ...Do Less. ... Own Less..... Say "no" More Often.
    Currently wearing: New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

Freed from BN Institution

For butterfly lovers and especially for Quarry, who encouraged planting of milkweed. We already had a few in the yard, from which we collected seeds and made more, bigger plantings. The payoff has been huge; we see more and more monarchs each year. This guy is one of two who dive-bombed me as I stepped out the back door this afternoon! Quite a sense of humor they have
    What a beautiful photo PL
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Between two pine trees

Default SOTD: Sunday, 21st July, 2019

Butterfly milkweed is magical! We’ve had an army of butterflies this summer. It’s almost as if the top 12” of the garden is moving, there are so many of them.

Sitting down to dinner at a Lebanese restaurant I heard about and really looking forward to it!

And I refreshed the Daim Blond.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 22nd July 2019 at 02:33 AM.
    Currently wearing: Bracken Woman by Amouage

I own a few Jo Malone scents, too. Add me to the list that enjoys Lime, Basil & Mandarin, although we have mostly dry heat or super dry heat where the relative humidity can drop down to the low teens so it doesn't work as well for me in those conditions. We are the opposite in winter & citrus scents smell great during our winters with our high relative humidity, especially this year as we have had many days above 90% relative humidity. I also own Myrrh & Tonka (very warming on cold days with wind chill), Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Ginger Biscuit (limited edition) & Orris & Sandalwood. Now, I want to try JM's Grapefruit. Does it have decent longevity?

My evening scent was No.5 Eau Premiere by Chanel.
    Currently wearing: Queen by Queen Latifah

Ferrari Bright Neroli

ferrari_bright_neroli_picture.jpg
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

It was 109F/43C with the humidex here the past few days, then we had a huge thunderstorm this morning which made for a steamy, wet, muddy walk with the dog. Humidity & temps are dropping now and it should be comfy tomorrow and the next few days. I wore Dior La Colle Noire this morning, have now switched to SL Santal Majuscule for the evening.

stinkin' to high heaven

............................. ◘ surrounded by squares ◘
    Blog Entries

That's an excellent day of sampling! Agree with you completely on those I've tried. LB&M and Grapefruit are the ones I loved enough to buy and they layer together nicely, so I got a bonus scent out of the deal. Like but probably don't need Basil & Neroli. Myrrh & Tonka is really gorgeous (and also works beautifully with LB&M) and I was tempted to get it immediately. But for now, I'm making do with a sample, until after trying more of the Intense line. Then, we'll see!

Staying in the AC the rest of the day and wearing Coco Mad.The Yardley was as remembered, ExtremeK! It did make a nice little companion for outside chores (only a few today!) and held on surprisingly well for a cheap & cheerful thing.

Pretty butterfly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I was watching the news earlier this morning, the entire eastern seaboard will be hit with a major heat wave, many location will be in the triple digits. The good news is that it will cool down starting tomorrow.

I'll believe it, when I feel it!!!

--------------------------------------

Agua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez.
    I am purging my wardrobe. See my profile > About Me page > Biography section, for details... check out my swap list to see what I'm selling.
    Currently wearing: Laguna by Salvador Dali

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTA

Nautica Voyage
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTN

50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Mike, yes, I need people exercising around me. My house has too many tempting distractions and the neighborhood is boring except for the house with the sign on their plum tree saying "Please do not eat the dirigible plums."

PL, that monarch is gorgeous. Although Portland is technically in their range, sightings are rare and I have not seen a monarch since I moved here in 2014. I have lots of smaller white ones, have no idea what they are.

ExtremeK, hoping your dinner was wonderful.

I went camera shopping today and was introduced to a camera "expert" at Best Buy who tried to steer me to some five pound telephoto monstrosity when I said I wanted to photograph wildlife. I explained that I would not be taking pictures of bugs from 300 yards away, but large mammals. She didn't know what to do with me after that, so she got her supervisor. We had a nice talk and he ended up steering me to some reasonable options. I wafted a great deal of Niral while I was there as the sample vial slipped a bit while I was applying.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Blog Entries

Wonderful photo, PerfumedLady!

foxbins, love the Harry Potter reference!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler