Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Patrick fragrances of ireland.

I asked to some of you...why this parfum is as special...but really i don't understood.

is this soapy?clean? Barbershop? I don't know irish spring soap. Is good for summer?
    i want to buy Edge Swiss Arabian too.

Are similar?

i watched that QVC tv sell patrick ...often QVC sell embarassing thing.

I hope there is not this case.
    Which parfum could be similar to patrick?

Really thanks.

Default Re: Patrick fragrances of ireland.

Read reviews! (for instance: http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.com/ )
    Currently wearing: Shaal Nur by Etro

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Read reviews! (for instance: http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.com/ )
    +1

Seriously OP, have you ever smelled a bar of Irish Spring soap? There is simply no other comparison than that. Patrick smells just like it, it dries down the same, it's very linear.

I hope this answer satisfies you. If you don't like Irish Spring, steer clear of Patrick!
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

It smells great and can be had for a small amount of cash. It punches way above it's weight, so to speak. It's clean, green and fresh with a lovely soapiness and it evokes in the imagination, meadows and green fields. All in all very nice, I mean who does not like a quality bargain!

It reminds me of a lot of different scents having a hint of each. It has the green feel of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, the slight soapiness of Irish Spring Soap, a dash of citrus from Original Vetiver and the lemon zest of Original Lacoste scent.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Vintage Dunhill Edition Edt (Made In Holland Bottle)
    2. Terre d'Hermès Edt
    3. D R Harris Sandalwood Aftershave
    4. Pegwell Bay By Haeckels

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    +1

Seriously OP, have you ever smelled a bar of Irish Spring soap? There is simply no other comparison than that. Patrick smells just like it, it dries down the same, it's very linear.

I hope this answer satisfies you. If you don't like Irish Spring, steer clear of Patrick!
    He said he doesn’t know of Irish Spring soap.

OP......it is a nice clean scent that is good for summer!

Basenotes Plus

$40 for a 100ml, fast shipping directly from them in Ireland (€8.00 to Italy). A no-brainer, really.

https://www.fragrancesofireland.com/...3-fl.-oz..html
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

I don't personally think Patrick is good for summer - it's more of a spring or autumn scent. But others have said it's a fresh, soapy, green scent.

Just be sure to go easy on the sprays - too much and it gets all messy.
    Currently wearing: Casbah by Robert Piguet

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by lovetribe View Post

is this soapy?clean?
    Yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

+1

How does it compare to Sung Homme? On my 4th day of that one now and the Irish Spring element is very predominant and obvious. Is Patrick similar to Sung Homme?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    How does it compare to Sung Homme? On my 4th day of that one now and the Irish Spring element is very predominant and obvious. Is Patrick similar to Sung Homme?
    Better, in my opinion.

Sung Homme is quite harsh to my nose, even with all the soapiness. But you can find it for $10 nowadays. Perhaps they used better ingredients originally. Patrick is clean, easy and fresh. And as close to Irish Spring as the bar itself.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Better, in my opinion.

Sung Homme is quite harsh to my nose, even with all the soapiness. But you can find it for $10 nowadays. Perhaps they used better ingredients originally. Patrick is clean, easy and fresh. And as close to Irish Spring as the bar itself.
    My bottle smoothed out in the couple of days I had it. The first time I sprayed it I got a very lucid and literal urinal cake accord (the same one that everyone says smells like/copied Kouros, well it's here and you can't miss it). Now a few days later that accord is muted and it smells much more like Irish Spring and it's very smooth. I'm wondering what is causing that particular "urinal soap" accord (note: it's not a "pissy" or actual "urine" smell at all, but the soap smell of the puck.) Perhaps a mixture of cinnamon, dihydromyrcenol and aldehydes?

Basenotes Junkie

Wow 29.90 euro for 100ml included shipping cost from original site .

Good fragrance,good value.There is one thing I disagree with a little.It does not remind me that much of Irish Spring.Patrick is green and a little bit earthy( if that is the right term). Irish Spring is green and fresh.All in all though a very nice fragrance and Fragrances of Ireland should consider making more mens and unisex fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post

Just be sure to go easy on the sprays - too much and it gets all messy.
    I agree with that.1-2 sprays and it is a nice green type of scent,when you go higher with the sprays the scent changes and also gets less green.

Dependent

It's hard for me to understand how anyone wouldn't really like Patrick. This something I could wear from early spring through mid autumn before the leaves change color. I'm a heavy sprayer and usually go with 6 to 7 sprays on arms, neck and chest. I love it and my GF loves it and that's all I'm concerned with. If you like green fragrances Patrick should be in your collection.

Dependent

lovetribe, Patrick is the perfect candidate for a blind buy . You can't go wrong with it !
    Se ti piace Paco Rabanne pour Homme, Patrick ti piacera !
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Basenotes Junkie

Pr ph is winter parfum...

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

This is a brighter and greener Paco Rabanne Pour Homme with less musk. Much sharper.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry2 View Post
    Good fragrance,good value.There is one thing I disagree with a little.It does not remind me that much of Irish Spring.Patrick is green and a little bit earthy( if that is the right term). Irish Spring is green and fresh.All in all though a very nice fragrance and Fragrances of Ireland should consider making more mens and unisex fragrances.
    I tend to agree. When I first wore it, I thought it was just soapy clean, but subsequently I picked up the moss, the greenness, and yes, a bit of earthiness. I still consider it a soapy fragrance, but it's more complicated than that.
    Currently wearing: Halston Z-14 by Halston

Basenotes Junkie

Wow. If everybody write good for this...i must buy...

Basenotes Plus

+1

Ha! Yes. This!

It's affordable, it's a pleasing/pleasant clean refreshing scent and I even like wearing it! Actually I enjoy most of the other frags in this line as well: Inis and Innisfree. We have a store in town, actually a Scottish store, that sells this...yes yes I know, Irish perfume in a Scottish store.... I really ought to buy a bottle of this instead of spraying myself when I visit the store...

As for QVC, they were selling IT Cosmetics and now that brand is ALL over the place now. It's like a kickstarter for many brands. Even the George Forman grill and the Air Fryer were QVC regulars before they hit mainstream. I get that some things are cringeworthy, but there are hidden gems!
    Something something....something....
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji