Code of Conduct

Default HELP! Vintage Egoiste Splash!

I need some help. I may have made a mistake when I purchased a 2.5oz of Egoiste splash bottle. I am curious if anybody has seen a splash bottle that looked similar to the one below. The seller had a great rating on eBay and she sold mostly vintage clothes from estate sales. She assured me it was authentic, but after I looked through similar threads, I am beginning to think otherwise. It should be here in a couple of days so I will make an updated post about it. The juice itself looks good and the lettering on the bottle is symmetrical, so hopefully it is just a unique bottle. I paid $50 so not too huge of a loss if it is a fake, but still....
    egoiste3.jpgegoiste2.jpgegoiste.jpg

Default Re: HELP! Vintage Egoiste Splash!

My Égoïste splash bottle (from 1990) doesn't have that round black cap. It only has the big black square cap.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I haven't seen that cap on an Egoiste bottle before, but then again I only own a spray.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

It looks like it may be some sort of plug for it.. guess we’ll see!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by adamn2020 View Post
    I need some help. I may have made a mistake when I purchased a 2.5oz of Egoiste splash bottle. I am curious if anybody has seen a splash bottle that looked similar to the one below. The seller had a great rating on eBay and she sold mostly vintage clothes from estate sales. She assured me it was authentic, but after I looked through similar threads, I am beginning to think otherwise. It should be here in a couple of days so I will make an updated post about it. The juice itself looks good and the lettering on the bottle is symmetrical, so hopefully it is just a unique bottle. I paid $50 so not too huge of a loss if it is a fake, but still....
    egoiste3.jpgegoiste2.jpgegoiste.jpg
    What you're seeing is the inner cap that has been removed from the shell of the outer cap. You should be fine. How does it smell? Did it come with a box? Did it have a batch code on the back? From appearance it would have to be late 1990s or later. The juice appears to be yellow so it will probably be no later than the 2000s
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Verveine Narcisse by Creed

I own the vintage 120ml splash but 'Eau de toilette' should be written above 'Chanel' and not below imo…….
    Maybe this is a newer splash version with the current lay out?!
    My Top '11' :

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Tom Ford: Ombré Leather
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - Amouage: Interlude

So it came in the mail! Not going to lie, I thought for sure it was a fake soon as I pulled it out of the wrapping. So I popped the black cap off, then I unscrewed the black plug as seen in the pictures above. Smelled like Egoiste! I threw a dab on my wrist hoping for the best. But there is nothing on the back of the bottle at all. But I noticed the Batch Code was on front! That is the first time I have ever seen that. Anybody else noticed their batch numbers on front? I will give an update once I try it for a few days, may even let it settle in my dark cabinet since it’s been traveling in the mail.043ACDCC-4D9B-4400-8CDE-CF1E7C055905.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

536C10AF-A81F-4350-83C2-59EFE7AEB68F.jpg