Code of Conduct

Default First in Fragrance Shipping Increase

I've been out of the fragrance game for a few years. When checking First in Fragrance (Aus Liebe Zum Duft), I noticed that they've drastically increased their free shipping threshold. I'm in the US, and to get free shipping I need to spend over 520 euros. That's way over how much it used to be (I believe it was 250 euros).

Anyone know why they've made that change? It pretty much prevents me from ever shopping with them again. Their shipping rate is 60 to 70 euros which is also very expensive (in the past, it was just 25 euros). In my opinion, this change to their shipping rates basically prices them out from markets outside of Europe.

Such a shame, I really enjoyed doing business with them in the past.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: First in Fragrance Shipping Increase

You have indeed been out of the fragrance game as it relates to this matter. In a nutshell, they don't use DHL Paket anymore when the threshold was as you stated. That stopped years ago. They were forced by German and/or international law to switch to DHL Express to transport what was deemed "hazardous goods" to the US. The cost was much more expensive for them and they passed it on to the consumer. The minimum order now has to be 400 Euros and free shipping now occurs after 520 Euros. The good news is that packages arrive in two days from Germany to the US. with DHL Express.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting. I see. Thanks hednic! I appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Interesting. I see. Thanks hednic! I appreciate the details.
    You're quite welcome, and welcome back!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Essenza Nobile had a similar increase due to the circumstances noted above by Hednic. Perhaps even more so from €300.00 to €550.00 for free shipping.

Yes, calidude welcome back.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

With the high prices of niche nowadays, I have no difficulty meeting the 520-550€ minimums. You can always do a group order with other fragrance friends too. I normally order once a year, last year in December FiF had some good discount coupons.

Welcome back CaliDude!

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    With the high prices of niche nowadays, I have no difficulty meeting the 520-550€ minimums. You can always do a group order with other fragrance friends too. I normally order once a year, last year in December FiF had some good discount coupons.
    Didn't they have a discount for the summer solstice last year?

I wouldn't mind a discount code from them now myself!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Didn't they have a discount for the summer solstice last year?

I wouldn't mind a discount code from them now myself!
    You're right - they did.

One of the German sites used to send out discounts for your birthday every year. Seems like it was around 10-15% off. I don't remember if it was FIF or Essenza Nobile.

Which ever one it was, I'm not sure if they are still doing it.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    One of the German sites used to send out discounts for your birthday every year. Seems like it was around 10-15% off. I don't remember if it was FIF or Essenza Nobile.

Which ever one it was, I'm not sure if they are still doing it.
    Both of them did and it was 10 Euros off not 10% and they still do it.

Thanks, hednic.

10 euros, not percent, huh? Wow...that's what....about 11 bucks?

Oh well...better than 5 euros, I guess.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626