Code of Conduct

Default Let's talk about Smoke and the vintage Aventus. All I know is 13P01

So my 120ml of 13P01 that I bought in 2013 is getting lower and lower. The six years I've owned this Aventus it has treated me REALLY well. Many compliments.
    I personally find it to be quite "smokey" and not so much pineapple, but I don't have any other experience or batches to compare it to. I guess this puts me in the Vintage Pre '14 Aventus camp, and I'm looking to replicate it or purchase it again.

1 - What are the chances of ever finding this batch for sale?

2 - Where does one go to look for true vintage batches? They should be organized by year (If you go on Ebay it's just a MESS) Facebook? This forum?

3 - Anyone find that smokiness in another scent? I don't see the point in buying new Aventus because from what I'm reading online it isn't even similar to what I have.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, I just purchased:

Al Haramain L'Aventure - arrived last night. This doesn't remind me AT ALL of my Aventus. Dissapointed.

Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man EDT - Hasn't arrived yet.

Default Re: Let's talk about Smoke and the vintage Aventus. All I know is 13P01

Quote Originally Posted by Dolman View Post
    So my 120ml of 13P01 that I bought in 2013 is getting lower and lower. The six years I've owned this Aventus it has treated me REALLY well. Many compliments.
    Ooo,what were some of your most memorable compliments wearing this fragrance?

I've been successful with the facebook groups, I've bought 3 vintage bottles: 12E01, 13x01 and 11s01

The smoke and fruit combos in all three are different.

The smoke in chanel sycamore is very faint but great too. Tuscan leather has kind of a similar effect to the smoke in the leather. Same with cedrat boise. You won't be able to get the same birch tar smoke as aventus but these are great alternatives to the vibe the smoke gave aventus

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Dolman View Post
    I don't see the point in buying new Aventus because from what I'm reading online it isn't even similar to what I have.
    Do you have a brick and mortar store near where you live that sells current Aventus? If so, go there, try it and judge for yourself instead of what you have read online. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

You will be disappointed with all the clones. Maybe not so much if you are after compliments as in the air, they do smell somewhat close, but to yourself... you'll always find the difference easily.

That being said CDNI is better than Armaf after 20 minutes. The initial blast is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlorpy View Post
    Ooo,what were some of your most memorable compliments wearing this fragrance?
    Asking what it is, Ooh'ing, Ahh'ing, making lude sexual remarks. You know, the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    That being said CDNI is better than Armaf after 20 minutes. The initial blast is so bad.
    I will say that so far CDNI is much better than Armaf (although my girlfiend says both smell similar to Aventus). CDNI has a bit of that smoke "vibe" I was referring to.

Concerning Facebook: is Aventus Addicts the popular choice to find vintage juice?

Thank you all for your feedback.

Aventus Lounge or Aventus Addicts. they're both primarily gambling groups run for profit and you'll pay the earth when good vintage stuff does come up for sale. but if you need it you need it.