Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Move over Josh of Slumberhouse, make room for Hans Hendley

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    For those who think there are similarities of Norne, Jeke, or both in Fume (like myself)....it’s not misleading or incorrect in any way whatsoever. Maybe you don’t have the nose that can pick up on it. Regardless, your comments and thoughts are presented like you have hard facts and proof on the subject, while others are only expressing how they perceive the fragrances in opinion form.

You’re being honest about your opinion, great, others will I’m sure take into consideration that there’s someone who doesn’t care for these or thinks any Slumberhouse comparisons are valid. And it’s only a mistake if you feel like you made one.

There’s probably not a person here that hasn’t bought something or other based on posts, thoughts, and opinions...only to be disappointed and wonder what they were smelling. It’s like death and taxes, it’s gonna happen if you buy blind at all, but no reason to go back thread posting making it seem like the whole thread premise is completely wrong and misleading.
    My nose is fine. You perhaps are the one with the issue. I read in another thread that you think Grev smells like vinegar and pickles.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    My nose is fine. You perhaps are the one with the issue. I read in another thread that you think Grev smells like vinegar and pickles.
    As did others, so maybe some can pick up on things others can’t. But seriously, I and others have made clear our opinions are on par with many others, and you’re not on board with HH. There’s been enough back and forth, and I’ll continue with looking for more productive conversations on the HH threads, but since again you’re down right disappointed, probably not a thread you need to be coming back to for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    As did others, so maybe some can pick up on things others can’t. But seriously, I and others have made clear our opinions are on par with many others, and you’re not on board with HH. There’s been enough back and forth, and I’ll continue with looking for more productive conversations on the HH threads, but since again you’re down right disappointed, probably not a thread you need to be coming back to for anything.
    I'll be back when I've worn my samples more and have further thoughts.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    I'll be back when I've worn my samples more and have further thoughts.
    Good! Opinions, positive or negative, are great and very helpful. Attacking others’ opinions is not though.

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post

Fume: The opening is a little too "BBQ grill-ey", the first 2 minutes of Fume's opening is just 100% "Maggie! can you bring out the burger patties from the fridge!".
    Yeah, I had a similar experience. It's the birch that gives it that bbq smell.
    Last edited by UncleBuck; 19th August 2019 at 09:21 PM.

User of Toilet Water

I received my samples last week and after spending some time with them I have to say that I'm impressed. These are very refined scents, so stylistically, they are certainly different from Slumberhouse offerings, but a couple of them did remind me of Slumberhouse fragrances: Fume is in the same arena as Norne, but Fume is much more sophisticated, elegant, calm and wearable. I, thankfully, don't pick up anything resembling BBQ. Amora immediately made me think of Sadanne which I'm not a big fan of. Again, the Hendley is much more refined and wearable, if less interesting. I found this one to be the most feminine and my least favorite of them all.

In the end, I plan on ordering travel sizes of Mown, Rosenthal, and Fume.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed