Code of Conduct

Default probably the wrong place to ask but help please!

so i've been a fragrance enthusiast for a while and know the pros and cons of a grey market and know what i'm signing up for.

today i went to a local neiman with my mother since she needed some make up. great! i got a chance to get my nose on some fragrance for my next purchase.

she picked out her lipstick and whatnot at the YSL section. the sales associate told her about their new line of cleanser/lotion/etc of YSL OR ROUGE. she enjoyed it very much but said she has enough left for a month or so and thought it was too expensive.

now i don't know a single thing about skin care but i wanted to ask you all ( i know totally wrong forum and probably should do more research for my mom) is there a grey market for skin care? is it such a big market that it doesnt exist? since its applied directly on the skin should I be more careful of getting lotion from a grey market?

or do you recommend i go deep dive digging into purchasing skin care products on google?

thanks for reading anyways.

Default Re: probably the wrong place to ask but help please!

Yes, this should be in the Health and Beauty, contact a mod and they will move it for you.

There should be a small black triangle on the left side bottom of your post.

Now for your question. On eBay there are some sellers who work for different companies and get free stuff every month, some do go and sell it. Therapists working in salon brands sometimes sell supersizes of products they use which usually say Salon Only on the packaging. I have actually bought a few Elemis products this way.

BUT and there is a BUT you need to be very careful of fake just like fragrance there can be fake products and I would not like to put those anywhere near my skin.

Chanel
    Dior
    YSL
    Armani

etc you need to be careful of. Like fragrance, if it looks too good to be true so if a brand sells a product and someone is selling at far less than half price be wary. The only fake makeup I ever bought and it was years back on eBay was an Armani eyeshadow and I knew it was fake the moment it arrived. I did get my money back. If a seller is selling loads of a particular product then that is a red flag. A certain brand sells an eyeshadow palette at £40+ and one seller selling at £8 and loads in stock would not touch. But also there are genuine sellers selling big wellknown brands and they are the real thing.

Some companies in big cities do have warehouse sales usually in the US only and a few big cities.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes, this should be in the Health and Beauty, contact a mod and they will move it for you.
    Done!
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

As donna was saying, there is a big fake market for skincare and makeup. In addition, unlike perfume which is alcohol and so keeps well, most skincare is based on perishable materials, so even if authentic, cheaper stuff could be past its prime.

Also, for skincare, and unlike perfume, I am pretty satisfied with not too expensive products. (I don't use makeup-probably the situation would be different for makeup).

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Skincare is 5-10 times bigger market than fragrances.
    And as with fragrances - you can purchase skin care products at discounters