Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Looking for a similar scent

Ok fragrance gurus, I'm calling on you for your assistance. I recently tried a cheap scent - David Beckham Homme. Love the opening, love the dry down. Really love this fragrance on me. I could see myself wearing this scent often. So whats my problem? The performance sucks. Its what I expected for $6.00 USD, but I had hoped for better. After an hour of wearing it, I get very slight whiffs, which is fine, I don't need it fill a room or my office. After about 2-3 hours it was a skin scent mostly.

I'm looking for recommendation for fragrances that smell like (identical to, in a perfect world) David Beckham Homme, but performs better. As it is, I did 5 sprays of the DB Homme. I'm not one to do more than that.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Looking for a similar scent

According to Fragrantica Usher VIP is a similar scent

Possibly also Boss Bottled and Baldessarini EDC for the moderate sweetness, yet also with improved performance

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Possibly also Boss Bottled and Baldessarini EDC for the moderate sweetness, yet also with improved performance
    I have the Boss Bottled Intense which is a sweet, caramel vanilla scent. The regular boss bottled is said to be more fruity I believe. Looking at the description and notes pyramid now and it could be similar though. I'm curious if you or anyone else might know if Hugo Boss Dark Blue might be similar.

There's also the option of just rolling with the Beckham Homme...Lord knows it cheap enough.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Usher VIP is not similar at all imo. Boss Bottled is almost gourmand.. I see nothing similar there either. I do think Baldessarini is suitable, somewhat in the same ball park, but still varies greatly. The only real similarity is that they both have a cypress and tobacco flower vibe. Baldessarini has become increasingly harder to find though.

One that is similar but also much sharper is Terre d'Hermes. Alternatively you can go with the cheaper Yardley Citrus & Woods, which is very close, not as good quality, but much cheaper. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

If i can think of any others I'll come back to this thread.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Usher VIP is not similar at all imo. Boss Bottled is almost gourmand.. I see nothing similar there either. I do think Baldessarini is suitable, somewhat in the same ball park, but still varies greatly. The only real similarity is that they both have a cypress and tobacco flower vibe. Baldessarini has become increasingly harder to find though.

One that is similar but also much sharper is Terre d'Hermes. Alternatively you can go with the cheaper Yardley Citrus & Woods, which is very close, not as good quality, but much cheaper. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

If i can think of any others I'll come back to this thread.
    I actually made a mental note to check out terre d'hermes just a few minutes ago. Seems similar and heard great things about it already.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk