Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
o

Default Re: Omg omg omg dior Fahrenheit parfum

I think they are both pretty amazing.

I wore a spray of the Parfum with two sprays of the EDT (under the shirt on my chest). It was pretty awesome. In the opening you get a powerful combination of the suede accord from the Parfum and the violet "gas" accord from the EDT. It comes together and creates a wall of fumes.

The combined drydown was pretty nice too because the EDT added some leather and musk to the boozy vanilla of the Parfum. Twelve hours later and I'm left with just the boozy vanilla of the Parfum.

Overall the Parfum is great. There's no denying its quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Have you seen my thread about the new 2019 Fahrenheit EDT formulation?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...r-2019-12948-A

Firstly I also thought it was weaker, but now as it has aged a little bit I get easily over 10 hours of performance.
    And I wear it more than the 2018 one (which was more like the vintage OG) because I like that bumped up mandarin/bergamot and violet so much. I don't mind that it's a little bit less leathery.
    I sprayed one spray on each wrist of the tester 9C01 Parfum , that I got from Fragrancenet at 12 PM ,
    and I can smell it easily right now at 11PM.
    Very nice scent and I got wafts of it all day.
    Got it for $86 , couldn't be happier.
    Gonna wear the 9F01 tomorrow.
    No I haven't seen your thread . Checking it out now.
    Any thoughts on Fahrenheit Cologne ?
    Last edited by JBS1; 18th January 2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: cnatspeeel

I personally haven't noticed any hype around Fahrenheit Parfum. Even Jeremy said in one of his videos that he doesn't like it because it's too strong.
    Ironic, seen as he said he created a fragrance that "will burn your face off!"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I will respectfully disagree with that statement. F EdT is a piece of history, F Parfum will probably disappear like it appeared: anonymously.
    DH Parfum is a huge improvement on DH EdT, and keeps its DNA. Not the case with Fahrenheit Parfum imo. Question of tastes!
    Respectfully disagree with THAT statement! FP is sublime and far superior to the EDT in my opinion. Fahrenheit Parfum is Fahrenheit done right, in the same way as DHP is DH done right. FP is so much more wearable and modern than the EdT... The petroleum note is replaced by a more elegant (and delicious) rummy-vanilla accord, and those boozy vanilla notes go so so well with a bracing, electric violet note. Theres a spicy suede note that gives FP that little touch of grit reminiscent of the EDT's petrol, but without being overbearing in the same way as that original EdT was/is. The suede combines with the rummy vanilla, electric violet, and some delicious anise to make this stuff just so smooth and warm and sexy. Its manly and rugged but at the same time comforting and reassuring. Sure, the EdT is bold (& some would say beautiful) but its not that easy to wear, and its certainly not a crowdpleaser. FP on the other hand, gets me more compliments than any other fragrance in my collection - by far - despite being my 7th most worn. Women, men, kids, doesn't matter. People just flat out adore it. Its one of a very few things that I would say is swoon-worthy; its intoxicating; it literally makes peoples eyes roll back in their heads, and the only thought in your head is MAN that smells nice!! Far from struggling to find places to wear it, like with the EdT, you can wear FP anywhere, any time. Winter, summer, dressed up, lounging at home, morning, night, doesn't matter. SO so so much more versatile.

As if that wasnt enough, the longevity of it is amazing. Longevity on skin is ~12 hours with 5-6 hours of good projection. Sillage is commensurate with the projection. Can smell it on my clothes for weeks, through wash cycles. And thats with only two or three sprays!!! AND, you get all that for under a hundred bucks! Hello!

This is one of the best men's designer fragrances ever made. Indeed, I'd even take the "designer" out of that statement. Especially factoring in the price, this is one of the best men's fragrances, ever made, period. Thats what it will go down in history as. Like everything else in this hobby, its certainly IS a matter of tastes, but the vast majority of people who smell this, think it smells fantastic. The numbers back that up - four stars and 22 positive reviews compared to 4 negative here. 4.2 stars on Fragrantica with over 1,200 votes. Fahrenheit, perfected.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Respectfully disagree with THAT statement! FP is sublime and far superior to the EDT in my opinion. Fahrenheit Parfum is Fahrenheit done right, in the same way as DHP is DH done right. FP is so much more wearable and modern than the EdT... The petroleum note is replaced by a more elegant (and delicious) rummy-vanilla accord, and those boozy vanilla notes go so so well with a bracing, electric violet note. Theres a spicy suede note that gives FP that little touch of grit reminiscent of the EDT's petrol, but without being overbearing in the same way as that original EdT was/is. The suede combines with the rummy vanilla, electric violet, and some delicious anise to make this stuff just so smooth and warm and sexy. Its manly and rugged but at the same time comforting and reassuring. Sure, the EdT is bold (& some would say beautiful) but its not that easy to wear, and its certainly not a crowdpleaser. FP on the other hand, gets me more compliments than any other fragrance in my collection - by far - despite being my 7th most worn. Women, men, kids, doesn't matter. People just flat out adore it. Its one of a very few things that I would say is swoon-worthy; its intoxicating; it literally makes peoples eyes roll back in their heads, and the only thought in your head is MAN that smells nice!! Far from struggling to find places to wear it, like with the EdT, you can wear FP anywhere, any time. Winter, summer, dressed up, lounging at home, morning, night, doesn't matter. SO so so much more versatile.

As if that wasnt enough, the longevity of it is amazing. Longevity on skin is ~12 hours with 5-6 hours of good projection. Sillage is commensurate with the projection. Can smell it on my clothes for weeks, through wash cycles. And thats with only two or three sprays!!! AND, you get all that for under a hundred bucks! Hello!

This is one of the best men's designer fragrances ever made. Indeed, I'd even take the "designer" out of that statement. Especially factoring in the price, this is one of the best men's fragrances, ever made, period. Thats what it will go down in history as. Like everything else in this hobby, its certainly IS a matter of tastes, but the vast majority of people who smell this, think it smells fantastic. The numbers back that up - four stars and 22 positive reviews compared to 4 negative here. 4.2 stars on Fragrantica with over 1,200 votes. Fahrenheit, perfected.
    I enjoyed reading your post. I think the quality and craftsmanship of this stuff is undeniable. I've had my bottle for about a month now. How do you wear it in the summer? How many sprays? I'm curious to experience this fragrance in the heat

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

I didn't follow up with the 9F01 yesterday , but I did spray a napkin with the 9C01 tester ,
    and I can still smell it this morning. That's two days .
    The sweetness almost turns into something ambery with a violet in the heart middle.
    I did though just receive Dior's Homme Intense , 9A02 , and I have to say,
    I'm not sure how much more of a performer you would need . Wow.
    I wore it yesterday , with just two sprays, one to each wrist.
    Cut right through the cold air, lasted all day at work and projected for sometime.
    Great scent bubble for hours. People around me enjoyed it very much.
    I also picked up Dior's Homme , 9E01 . Just sprayed it . Wonderful.
    Not sure about the performance, but the smell is very nice.
    I also have a bottle of Eau from 2104 . Will eventually look up the batch code,
    and I will also wear the Fahrenheit 9F01 tomorrow .
    Certainly will be looking at the Fahrenheit Cologne for a purchase.
    Why, so far I have been very pleased with my recent and past purchases of these two lines from Dior.
    No complaints.
    Last edited by JBS1; 18th January 2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: cnatspeeel

DiamondJoe: Awesome post! I appreciated it a lot. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Ironic, seen as he said he created a fragrance that "will burn your face off!"
    Ha! Exactly my thoughts when I saw that. I even had a conversation about this with another fragrance enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Certainly will be looking at the Fahrenheit Cologne for a purchase.
    Why, so far I have been very pleased with my recent and past purchases of these two lines from Dior.
    No complaints.
    Fahrenheit Cologne is nice, too.
    I like it much better than the previous Aqua flanker.
    And I get a good performance with it, lasts 8+ hours on my skin.
    It's a fresh aquatic take on the original with more citrus and without the leather.

Basenotes Plus

DiamondJoe: Awesome post! I appreciated it a lot. Thank you sir!

Fahrenheit Cologne is nice, too.
    I like it much better than the previous Aqua flanker.
    And I get a good performance with it, lasts 8+ hours on my skin.
    It's a fresh aquatic take on the original with more citrus and without the leather.
    Good information.
    Thanks for letting me know.

My girl told me Fahrenheit Parfum smells like fermented/rotten cucumber lol After smelling a couple of more times through out the day I think she might have a case.

Anyhow, I still enjoy it and I think it is a great, artful, and different fragrance.
    Last edited by Scuervo1; 20th January 2020 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuervo1 View Post
    My girl told me it smells like fermented/sour cucumber lol After smelling a couple of more times through out the day I think she has a case.

Anyhow, I still enjoy it and I think it is a great, artful, and different fragrance that I quite enjoy.
    Are you sure you're talking about the Cologne?
    I get that weird cucumber smell with the Aqua but not with the Cologne.

Are you sure you're talking about the Cologne?
    I get that weird cucumber smell with the Aqua but not with the Cologne.
    No, I am talking about the Parfum version. I guess the cucumber note might be in some of the Fahrenheit flankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuervo1 View Post
    No, I am talking about the Parfum version. I guess the cucumber note might be in some of the Fahrenheit flankers.
    Yes, you get a big cucumber with Fahrenheit Aqua.

Fahrenheit parfum is the only Fahrenheit worth owning. The others are bad imo

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Fahrenheit parfum is the only Fahrenheit worth owning. The others are bad imo
    I wouldn't be surprised - if you like the Parfum that much - that you revisit the OG at some point and start to enjoy it too.

For someone who doesn't know either, I believe the Parfum is much more wearable.