Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: NEW Dior Sauvage Parfum 2019 Official Discussion

I just called Dior USA and they confirmed there will be a release of a Dior Sauvage Parfum next month. Information will be released. Nothing official has been listed on their sites.
    Last edited by Shave-A-Thon; 5th August 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I just called Dior USA and they confirmed there will be a release of a Dior Parfum next month. Information will be released. Nothing official has been listed on their sites.
    Did they specify which one? Spice Blend is supposed to be coming this fall, and I heard September as a possibility.

I'm MUCH MUCH more interested in checking out Spice Blend than any version of Sauvage.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Did they specify which one? Spice Blend is supposed to be coming this fall, and I heard September as a possibility.

I'm MUCH MUCH more interested in checking out Spice Blend than any version of Sauvage.
    I just edited my previous reply. I left out "Sauvage" in the line that they confirmed there would be a release of a new Dior SAUVAGE pafum next month.

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by Shave-A-Thon View Post
    I just called Dior USA and they confirmed there will be a release of a Dior Sauvage Parfum next month. Information will be released. Nothing official has been listed on their sites.
    Thank you for this. Next month I can handle. Not pathetically trying to muster up excitement with a drawn out distribution process a la Armani Gio Absolu Instinct. Terrible execution turned me off of the company something big.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Thank you for this. Next month I can handle. Not pathetically trying to muster up excitement with a drawn out distribution process a la Armani Gio Absolu Instinct. Terrible execution turned me off of the company something big.
    Absolu Instinct literally triggered an asthma attack, the first time a fragrance has ever done so. The stuff is an abomination.

I'm sure Sauvage Parfum will fare much better.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Absolu Instinct literally triggered an asthma attack, the first time a fragrance has ever done so. The stuff is an abomination.
    I found it better than the Absolu. What is it that triggered the attack, do you think?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Could you limit discussion to Sauvage Parfum, please? We are getting a little off-topic from time to time.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Cool Re: NEW Dior Sauvage Parfum 2019 Official Discussion

RIght. So, ok, let's say the Sauvage Parfum will or will not trigger an attack, is it because of a particular ingrediend or another factor?

Is that better?

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

I wonder how Demachy will try to set this apart from Bleu De Chanel and certain other designer scents?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonewithcologne View Post
    I wonder how Demachy will try to set this apart from Bleu De Chanel and certain other designer scents?
    Simple. It'll have the Dior Sauvage DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Simple. It'll have the Dior Sauvage DNA.
    Well yes, but what in that DNA? As far as I can read into the blurb, it looks like it will have the ambroxan and citrus from Sauvage (for the intense freshness), and add sandalwood, tonka bean, and maybe leather. Maybe Demachy selected a new molecule to represent wood, and that's part of what they're referring to when they talk about intense freshness?

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    One thing Armani does that Dior doesn't is discount via their direct sales site. Armani Beauty USA offers 20% discounts several times a year while Dior doesn't. For Dior, we have to wait for Macy's to offer a 15% discount. Some may go the Fragrancenet route for Dior or Armani but I find that when Macy's or Armani offers their discounts, the prices are cheaper or just a few dollars more than the online discounters, and when that happens, I go with the authorized retailer every time.

Well yes, but what in that DNA? As far as I can read into the blurb, it looks like it will have the ambroxan and citrus from Sauvage (for the intense freshness), and add sandalwood, tonka bean, and maybe leather. Maybe Demachy selected a new molecule to represent wood, and that's part of what they're referring to when they talk about intense freshness?
    All I'm concerned about is whether it's good and strong. After buying fragrances since the late 1970's, it took me over four decades to learn my lesson, In these days of IFRA rules and regs along with reformulations, if something is said to be a powerhouse, one must buy it as soon as it comes out!

I’m so excited about this one!

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    You are thinking of the Eau De Parfum
    So this is different from EDP which was released last year in 2018 this is only Parfum ? The most concentrated formula of any fragrance right ?

At the moment Fragrantica lists this as the notes of the parfum:

Top notes: bergamot, spicy mandarin
    Heart: sandalwood from Sri Lanka
    Base: tonka, frankincense

No Ambroxan for so far but maybe it's an incomplete listing.

I just wonder if it will be available to the U.S. dept store market? Dior Homme, Fahrenheit were not.

Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    So this is different from EDP which was released last year in 2018 this is only Parfum ? The most concentrated formula of any fragrance right ?
    Should be stronger but very early reports say it doesn't project as much as the edt which would be disappointing. Let's wait for more reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I just wonder if it will be available to the U.S. dept store market? Dior Homme, Fahrenheit were not.
    If not, I'm guessing you can order it from Selfridges Dept. Store in London. https://www.selfridges.com/US/en/fea...lfridges-plus/

Thanks for those who checked w/ Dior USA that it will be available online.

Local Dillard’s had a sample (not a tester but a decant spray). Coming to store 8/23/2019 to this Us Dillard.

I wasn’t that impressed. Similar to EDP but a bit darker. Didn’t blow me away but I’ll keep an open mind since wAs just a card spray.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Local Dillard’s had a sample (not a tester but a decant spray). Coming to store 8/23/2019 to this Us Dillard.

I wasn’t that impressed. Similar to EDP but a bit darker. Didn’t blow me away but I’ll keep an open mind since wAs just a card spray.
    Hmm, this has me pondering purchasing it. I don't know if there is even a market for a darker Sauvage. Hopefully I can get my hands on a sample, but knowing my habit of impulse buying and my general lack of restraint, I'm sure I'll buy a bottle as soon as it becomes available. it's not like Sauvage is all that expensive. I'm here in Afghanistan until November-ish and that's probably around the time that this will hit all the AAFES stores (where it is usually pretty cheap because of no taxes) so I'll attempt ot hold off until then...
    Currently Rotating:

*Mancera Cedrat Boise
    *Imaginary Authors Air of Despair
    *Dior Sauvage edT
    *Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau extreme

I card sprayed edt edp and parfum and compared. Parfum is closer to the edp as one would expect. It’s a bit more darker and “serious” than edp but not a large difference. I was honestly hoping for more given demachys track record with Parfums. But then again this is sauvage and being sold at mainstream US dept stores so it’s more intended as a money maker than the Parfums of DH, Fahrenheit, eau sauvage which weren’t even sold in US stores.

I card sprayed edt edp and parfum and compared. Parfum is closer to the edp as one would expect. It’s a bit more darker and “serious” than edp but not a large difference. I was honestly hoping for more given demachys track record with Parfums. But then again this is sauvage and being sold at mainstream US dept stores so it’s more intended as a money maker than the Parfums of DH, Fahrenheit, eau sauvage which weren’t even sold in US stores.
    I can't say I expected much but I held out hope that this would surprise us all. Sounds like it's just a refined version of what's already out there. Yawn.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Any sense of the longevity?

Any sense of the longevity?
    No- was just smelled on card.

It’s comjng aug 23

No- was just smelled on card.

It’s comjng aug 23
    I'll still be in Moscow by then. I'll try to check it out before leaving. If not, I can smell it in America.

I'll still be in Moscow by then. I'll try to check it out before leaving. If not, I can smell it in America.
    I don’t want to be misconstrued and suggest that it smells bad. Heck I’ll prob get a bottle (even tho I don’t known edt or edp sauvage anymore) to fill out my dior parfum collection. But with the Parfums is DHP, FP, and ESP I had probably unreasonably High expectations given how great those other 3 are.

It smells good so don’t fret. I just didn’t get blown away. But again that was only on card.

I just stopped at Macys they had a sample I sprayed on my skin, so far I like it better then EDP, seems closer to EDT, a little bit more subdued then EDT and not as piercing, but that was just after 15 minutes of being sprayed on forearm. If I recall she said would be released in 2 sizes on Aug 21 or Aug 23, one that was around $120 and the bigger one for $150

Quote Originally Posted by kelvon View Post
    I just stopped at Macys they had a sample I sprayed on my skin, so far I like it better then EDP, seems closer to EDT, a little bit more subdued then EDT and not as piercing, but that was just after 15 minutes of being sprayed on forearm. If I recall she said would be released in 2 sizes on Aug 21 or Aug 23, one that was around $120 and the bigger one for $150
    Not a terrible price, especially given how quickly it will hit discounters.
    Currently Rotating:

*Mancera Cedrat Boise
    *Imaginary Authors Air of Despair
    *Dior Sauvage edT
    *Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau extreme

Sauvage Parfum is going to hit discounters??

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast