Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
o

Default NEW: Zoologist (?)

Apparently there is a new Zoologist being released in September. They are making a "special edition" of 50 for blind buy pre-sales and have not announced the animal, although it is obviously a sea creature and the juice is bright blue. It doesn't sound like a blind buy for me for sure, but I'm always interested in this brand. Here's a link:

https://www.zoologistperfumes.com/co...sterious-scent

EDIT: Wow! In the five minutes between when I saw this on the website and when I posted this message, the pre-sale edition has sold out! I guess for some people this is a blind buy! We'll see what it's like. I'm guessing maybe "Whale."

Default Re: NEW: Zoologist (?)

It's Squid. He has 500 limited edition bottles

https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...gist_revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    It's Squid. He has 500 limited edition bottles
    Ah, that's interesting to know. BTW, the limited edition bottles seem to be already sold out.

He had 50 for pre order, 500 total. He commented on that post I shared.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I was hoping for something whale related, but squid is fun. I almost bit on the blind buy but came to my senses. I think the house is fantastic overall, a rare occurrence of liking both the concept/marketing and the fragrance, there's just few I'd wear often enough to warrant a 60ml bottle. If this was offered in a travel spray, I'd have been all over it.

I think someone posted that they bought it in the July TIB thread. Would love to hear from folks when they get to try it.

Dang, wish I had seen this earlier. I like quite a few of the Zoologist fragrances and certainly would have been all over this. But now I have enough time to talk myself out of it...
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Green Irish Tweed
    *YSL L'Homme Sport
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Creed Viking
    *Creed Original Santal
    *Zoologist Squid
    *Imaginary Authors Yesterday Haze
    *Neandertal Black

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

He had 50 for pre order, 500 total. He commented on that post I shared.
    Did you manage to get yourself one?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did you manage to get yourself one?
    No. I don't really blind buy full bottles, especially at full price.

Basenotes Plus

The perfumer doesn’t immediately interest me. It may be good but I’d want to sample.

My collection includes T Rex, Elephant, Hyrax and Dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    The perfumer doesn’t immediately interest me. It may be good but I’d want to sample.

I agree. I'm open minded, but I'm going to wait for some others to try it. I also looked up the perfumer and that made me less interested. We'll see. I only have two full bottles of Zoologist at this point - Hyrax and Rhinoceros, but I'm sure I'll buy Camel at some point and perhaps Moth.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting. One I’d like to sample just to see how they work that opoponax in.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I agree. I'm open minded, but I'm going to wait for some others to try it. I also looked up the perfumer and that made me less interested. We'll see. I only have two full bottles of Zoologist at this point - Hyrax and Rhinoceros, but I'm sure I'll buy Camel at some point and perhaps Moth.
    Hyrax?!?!? Awesome. I haven't met many who've even sampled Hyrax let alone bought a full bottle. That's some amazing juice.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Hyrax?!?!? Awesome. I haven't met many who've even sampled Hyrax let alone bought a full bottle. That's some amazing juice.
    I know! I think it's funny that two of us on this thread have mentioned Hyrax as one their their few Zoologist purchases. I think it'll be one of those fragrances hat only a few people love initially that goes on to be revered (Fumidus and Serge Noire come to mind as recent examples).

I, too, am a Hyrax lover (behind T. Rex, Moth & Camel).

I’m scared.....T Rex is still trying to kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Interesting. One I’d like to sample just to see how they work that opoponax in.
    Right? None of the calamari I've eaten smelled anything like opoponax.

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    It's wild that no one on here has mentioned Panda! I think it's not just Zoologist's best, but by far the easiest to wear. It's the only one in the line-up that isn't at least a little challenging, though I haven't tried the newst ones...Chameleon and Dodo. This Squid sounds like it might have a lot of mass appeal as well, which begs the question of why they would do such a limited run. But hey, I'm no businessman.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Green Irish Tweed
    *YSL L'Homme Sport
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Creed Viking
    *Creed Original Santal
    *Zoologist Squid
    *Neandertal Black

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
    It's wild that no one on here has mentioned Panda! I think it's not just Zoologist's best, but by far the easiest to wear. It's the only one in the line-up that isn't at least a little challenging, though I haven't tried the newst ones...Chameleon and Dodo. This Squid sounds like it might have a lot of mass appeal as well, which begs the question of why they would do such a limited run. But hey, I'm no businessman.
    I don't think it's a limited run. From my understanding if his comment, he only has 500 special edition bottles, once those are gone, it's regular bottles. Like he had special edition bottles for T-Rex.

I don't think it's a limited run. From my understanding if his comment, he only has 500 special edition bottles, once those are gone, it's regular bottles. Like he had special edition bottles for T-Rex.
    That's not how I read it. 500 bottles would be HUGE for a limited edition. I think I remember the sunglasses version of T-Rex being 60 bottles and it took them a while to sell them, even though they were also available on Lucky Scent. I'm pretty sure it's 50 bottles of the special edition and an initial 450 regular bottles on top of that. Bear in mind, he's not saying that's all they're ever going to produce. It's just that they have 450 bottles of it right now, with the "special edition" 50 bottles already pre-sold.

That's not how I read it. 500 bottles would be HUGE for a limited edition. I think I remember the sunglasses version of T-Rex being 60 bottles and it took them a while to sell them, even though they were also available on Lucky Scent. I'm pretty sure it's 50 bottles of the special edition and an initial 450 regular bottles on top of that. Bear in mind, he's not saying that's all they're ever going to produce. It's just that they have 450 bottles of it right now, with the "special edition" 50 bottles already pre-sold.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...h1ox?context=3

This is his comment about the bottles, altogether 500 special edition bottles.

When and where will the remaining 450 bottles be available?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...h1ox?context=3

This is his comment about the bottles, altogether 500 special edition bottles.
    What you linked would seem to support what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    When and where will the remaining 450 bottles be available?
    I think I read Sept. 1. I assume at all of the places who generally stock the brand. I've seen no indication that it will be a website only deal (except for the 50 special label bottles which have already sold out). It's funny that I was the original poster and keep responding to follow-ups when I'm not sure this one even sounds like something I'll like. :-)

Basenotes Plus

It sounds aquatic. Which I don’t care for.

Basenotes Plus

Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Solar Salicylate, Incense
    Heart Notes: Sea Salt, Mystery Accord, Opoponax
    Base Notes: Ambergris*, Benzoin, Musk*

I am a sucker for mystery accords. Will be buying.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Surely the mystery accord is squid ink.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Surely the mystery accord is squid ink.
    You could be right. And don't call me Shirley.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

bl00drunzcold is correct. To clear up the confusion about the limited edition bottles, straight from the horse's mouth (aka Victor):

There are altogether 500 special edition of Squid, and they all look the same (Box sleeve, blue box, special bottle label). 50 of them were set aside for the "blind buy game" prelaunch and had since been sold out. On August 31, Squid will officially launch, and people can choose between the special edition and the regular edition, just like T-Rex.
    Next up from the house, Horse's Mouth. This is a scent originally created as a signature for Victor Wong, soon to be available to the public.

Based on a horse mouth accord (hay, salt, ambergris, carrots).

(no, not really)

Basenotes Plus

I know! I think it's funny that two of us on this thread have mentioned Hyrax as one their their few Zoologist purchases. I think it'll be one of those fragrances hat only a few people love initially that goes on to be revered (Fumidus and Serge Noire come to mind as recent examples).
    So far I've actually owned everything Zoologist has released. Almost everyone in my family wears something from the house- my favorites are Civet, Hyrax, Macaque, T-Rex and Bat. My wife wears Camel, Chameleon and Dragonfly quite often and my daughter's favorite scent is T-Rex.

Funny, I couldn't make friends with Fumidus so I moved my bottle. Serge Noire remains a treasure.

I really like Elephant and Dodo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Moth has been the only Zoologist that I parted with. Loved the opening but couldn't tolerate for an entire wearing. I still respect it for being such a unique scent.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

It sounds aquatic. Which I don’t care for.
    I guss it all depends on what type of Aquatic. The note of Sea Salt can be troublesome but I have faith they will do it right. The Squid name, however, does make me think that the mystery accord will be inky and that's not something I'm a huge fan of. But...I'm also a huge sucker so I'll most assuredly be buying this on release day.
    Currently Rotating:

*Creed Green Irish Tweed
    *YSL L'Homme Sport
    *Vikor&Rolf Spicebomb
    *Creed Viking
    *Creed Original Santal
    *Zoologist Squid
    *Neandertal Black

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast