Code of Conduct

Default Question for Equipage aficionados

I own the vintage brown cap rowboat version- it’s amazing.
    I’ve smelled the newest version- It’s pretty good actually(albeit a bit thin).

What does everyone think of the previous black cap version (the bottle before the current one)?
    When it comes to Bel Ami, there’s a number of people who actually prefer the version that’s in this bottle.

I’ve read many old threads with people damning it back when it came out, but now that we have a bigger picture with the new version, and people are more open minded regarding the hard stance of “oldest is always best”, I’m curious if anyone likes this version, finds it “worth buying”, thinks it’s better than other versions, etc.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Question for Equipage aficionados

I own the original release which I love, but when i tried the black cap version, I liked that one also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Bump- does anyone else have any experience with the previous black cap bottle?

I own and love the original and have tried and like the current but no knowledge of the black cap!
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    I own and love the original and have tried and like the current but no knowledge of the black cap!
    I found the original quite polarizing in the first hour or hour and a half. It reminded of paper towels with some hand soap from the spices and florals that I smelled. The oak moss at the base made for a wonderful dry down.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed