Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro pour homme,which one should I buy? Pic below

Hey guys well for my next round of fragrance buy I wanna snatch up Azzaro PH.
    Now from what I've been reading vintage and current is not really much differ but there is and other are saying it's a big difference, now I got photos that I screenshot , spray bottles and splash bottles, splash bottles waste too fast but is worth the buy ? Also a rechargable one , this the one some saying smells really really good , idk some input will help..Screenshot_20190805-165449.jpgScreenshot_20190805-165328.jpgScreenshot_20190805-165248.jpg first pic is the vintage , second pic is the rechargable and the 3rd maybe a new vintage sort of before they changed the logo they all very fair prices but the vintages are more expensive , is it worth it or just buy the rechargable one , the 3rd pic is 50ml 18$ the recharge bottle is 100ml 25$ and the 1st is a Vinatge I believe 55$
    Last edited by Drjones152; 6th August 2019 at 03:24 AM.

Default Re: Azzaro pour homme,which one should I buy? Pic below

If having to choose and the right budget is available (or the scent available within the right budget limits), would say to go either for the first or the third bottle shown in the photos

I never smelled Azzaro PH Intense and Night time , are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    APH Intense is quite good and quite unusual. Boozy and rich, but with the old-school fougere hiding in the background.

Night Time is less impressive; it's a dark, bitter orange/rhubarb freshie that is kinda interesting but doesn't have much resemblance to the original Azzaro.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    If having to choose and the right budget is available (or the scent available within the right budget limits), would say to go either for the first or the third bottle shown in the photos
    My choice also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    I personally think they are.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Azzaro pour homme,which one should I buy? Pic below

1st one (silver logo) is great. I've had a couple 3rd ones (white logo) too, smells great but not the best performance. The current refillable is good too. My choises would be 1st or current.
    My advice is, buy a 1oz of the current refillable and a bigger vintage splash (more affordable), and when you have used up the current one, you decant your splash into it 1oz of the time. That way you'll have the vintage in spray-form and nothing goes to waste.
    Couldn't be simpler.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

When I did my testing/comparisons last year, I found that I definitely liked the second version (1st reformulation) best.

See here: http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-pour.html?m=1

[QUOTE=Marand75;4685013]1st one (silver logo) is great. I've had a couple 3rd ones (white logo) too, smells great but not the best performance. The current refillable is good too. My choises would be 1st or current.
    My advice is, buy a 1oz of the current refillable and a bigger vintage splash (more affordable), and when you have used up the current one, you decant your splash into it 1oz of the time. That way you'll have the vintage in spray-form and nothing goes to waste.
    Couldn't be simpler.[/QUOTEi thought of the same exact thing , the splash is a big bottle too I believe is 6'8 oz not sure the exact size and 4oz splash..gotta check the prices , I was also thinking of getting the white label one on the 3rd pic

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    When I did my testing/comparisons last year, I found that I definitely liked the second version (1st reformulation) best.

See here: http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-pour.html?m=1
    To be honest I keep reading more and more that even the current formula is really good too, maybe it don't perform better but the scent is there ..I'll see

I'm thinking of getting the rechargable Azzaro spray for 26$ 100ml and 6'8oz splash 1st reformulated Azzaro for 55$ not bad pretty cheap .so far I've bought alot of blind buys , alot of you guys seem to like the same fragrance I do so I'm trusting the reviews, not one bad review on the smell , as far as formula goes , I think everything is balanced out , so either way I think I'll be just fine

Latest iteration ain't half bad

Yup, the current stuff is quite good.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

I'm against the grain here...Tried current version last month at the mall ("azzaro" printed in black) and It's definitely watered down. Reminded me of old time Azzaro knock offs.
    Taking into consideration "Raiders of the lost scent classification", the one I like best is the silver stick one if compared to later versions.

I bought the first reformulated Azzor with the white logo couldn't go wrong for 18$ a 50ml bottle so let's seeScreenshot_20190806-230533.jpg