Code of Conduct

Default Parfums Vintage Europe import tax?

Hi guys,

I am really interested in Parfums Vintage fragrances. They deliver within America and United Kingdom for really cheap, but then to other European countries the shipping is really expensive. Does anyone know why this is?

Also, if I would order from their website and get it shipped to the Netherlands, would I have to pay an import fee for the fragrances too?

Thanks in advance

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Parfums Vintage Europe import tax?

If they ship from outside of EU - you'll have to pay VAT.
    So you'd better contact them and ask where from they'll ship.

I tried contacting them but I can't get a hold of them. I tried Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Email without success.

Basenotes Plus

Go to your governments Harmonized System website and look up the import duty. The code will start 3303.00. It will tell you the duty rate (if any). The first 6 digits are a part of a global system. The remaining digits get into the specifics by country and the duty rate.

For example, in the United States, 3303.00.3000 is the Harmonized Tariff System code for perfumes containing alcohol and it is free of import duty. 3303.00.2000 is used for other perfumes and is also duty free.

Import/export is part of my profession, so I deal with U.S. HS codes/tariffs daily.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Get used to it, their customer support is atrocious. Basic consensus is only one or two of their frags are actually good. They gave every youtube reviewer a bottle of all their frags... who do you think pays for those bottles? Consumers!

As the last comment says, it's unlikely to be due to tax and merely a way of bumping up an already overpriced product.

They clearly went in with the wrong principles - to make money at all costs, and to enjoy the 'glamour' of it. They're not interested in the boring, necessary business of running a competent operation, which includes timely posting and customer service.

Honestly, unless you adore Aventus and want to try every variation you can, why bother. I'm not kidding you here, after the top notes, basically all of their Pineapple stuff ends up smelling the same. All the dupes I've tried have been underwhelming - decent, and in some ways very close, but still underwhelming.

All that aside, unless they're delivering them from Ireland or even some sort of tax haven in the British Isles (I wouldn't rule it out...) there should be zero reason why European postage particularly within the EU, is higher than the US. The fact they haven't replied is a good sign of how much they value your custom.

The thing I found really strange was that shipping to the UK, which is in Europe costs only 7 dollars whereas shipping to other places within EU costs 30 which to me is absurd. The only reason I wanted to try them was because I loved Elysium at the Roja boutique but the price is too high, and I heard they have a pretty good clone.

I assume they're based in the UK as it's a UK set up. However, it might be based in the Republic of Ireland for monetary reasons - I genuinely don't know. Either way, there would be a greater cost posting to continental Europe, but not so much that 30 is a fair postage price.