Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Gentleman Vintage. What Gives?!

I recently purchased two vintage bottles of GG. One with Paris France on front of bottle and one with Paris on bottle. I thought this fragrance was supposed to be a beast! doesn't seem to last long on my skin whatsoever! I maybe get 4 hours max with whole fragrance. I can lightly smell Patch through the day. Just wondering does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Default Re: Givenchy Gentleman Vintage. What Gives?!

I have had very good projection and longevity from vintage GG, even in the aftershave version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I get good longevity.

Attachment 106922
    These are the same bottles I have. Wondering if my skin just soaks it up! I'm currently wearing now. And smell a little civet and a little Patch.

Wish mine lasted 24 hours! I get maybe 6 hours

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    It's not beastly, just beautiful.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

It lasted all day for me with good silage for the first few hours before staying closer to the skin. The performance was good but nothing close to something like Kouros.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

This really makes me wonder. While GG is no beast, it performs very good in all iterations from deep vintage to current imho. One might think you're getting noseblind to it - on the other hand, this scent is one of the few, which I'm thinking of as beautifully detectable at all stages of a wearing. Well, just my two cents.
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    This really makes me wonder. While GG is no beast, it performs very good in all iterations from deep vintage to current imho. One might think you're getting noseblind to it - on the other hand, this scent is one of the few, which I'm thinking of as beautifully detectable at all stages of a wearing. Well, just my two cents.
    After a few hours gone! And these are legitimate bottles as well. But my nose to wrist nothing! My wife says can smell on skin but very light.

I will say, my wraparound label bottles don't perform quite as well as my mid-vintage early 2000's bottle, however Gentleman seems to respond unusually well to overspraying. Not what you want to hear for such an expensive vintage, I'm sure, but you might try it. I'm usually a 3 sprays guy but doing 6-7 with this one drastically extends its projection and longevity.
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    I will say, my wraparound label bottles don't perform quite as well as my mid-vintage early 2000's bottle, however Gentleman seems to respond unusually well to overspraying. Not what you want to hear for such an expensive vintage, I'm sure, but you might try it. I'm usually a 3 sprays guy but doing 6-7 with this one drastically extends its projection and longevity.
    Think I’m just gonna have to give this a shot! Or many!

Never had performance/longevity problems with the vintage version of one.

And even on the occasions when this fragrance remained less beast mode more understated, its presence was still undeniably perceptible (albeit somewhat moderately) for definitely more than 4 hours, with no identifiable exception so far.

Basenotes Plus

It's Givenchy Gentlemen...not supposed to be loud and obnoxious lol ....JK
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB

I had terrible performance from the 2 bottles I had, both as Bavard's picture shows (except my rectangular bottle showed its volume in g, not ml)

Sold them both, I don't have time for crappy performance
    Shame cause it smells so good for an hour or so
    Currently wearing: Fendi Uomo by Fendi

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that all iterations of the original GG tend to create a bit of anosmia only if you use them as you'd use a modern fragrance. Long before my breathing issues necessitated me cutting back on perfume (and getting myself down to 2 sprays), I noticed this one was best worn further away from the face and mingling on skin, hair, and fabric. Some of this is likely the potency of patchouli, and some of it is that this one works better when it comes and goes. You won't get a readily-detectable "constant glow" with this like you will Kouros or something of that nature.
    oh look, I have a signature