Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Gentleman Vintage. What Gives?!

I recently purchased two vintage bottles of GG. One with Paris France on front of bottle and one with Paris on bottle. I thought this fragrance was supposed to be a beast! doesn't seem to last long on my skin whatsoever! I maybe get 4 hours max with whole fragrance. I can lightly smell Patch through the day. Just wondering does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Givenchy Gentleman Vintage. What Gives?!

I get good longevity.

Gentlemen.jpg

I have had very good projection and longevity from vintage GG, even in the aftershave version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I get good longevity.

Gentlemen.jpg
    These are the same bottles I have. Wondering if my skin just soaks it up! I'm currently wearing now. And smell a little civet and a little Patch.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

It's not beastly, just beautiful.

In the full application, I spray on my chest, and I get some on my undershirt. It lasts 24 hours, and I can smell it most of the time.

I got a compliment from someone who said she liked it, and liked that it wasn't "too strong."

Wish mine lasted 24 hours! I get maybe 6 hours

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    It's not beastly, just beautiful.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

It lasted all day for me with good silage for the first few hours before staying closer to the skin. The performance was good but nothing close to something like Kouros.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

This really makes me wonder. While GG is no beast, it performs very good in all iterations from deep vintage to current imho. One might think you're getting noseblind to it - on the other hand, this scent is one of the few, which I'm thinking of as beautifully detectable at all stages of a wearing. Well, just my two cents.
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    This really makes me wonder. While GG is no beast, it performs very good in all iterations from deep vintage to current imho. One might think you're getting noseblind to it - on the other hand, this scent is one of the few, which I'm thinking of as beautifully detectable at all stages of a wearing. Well, just my two cents.
    After a few hours gone! And these are legitimate bottles as well. But my nose to wrist nothing! My wife says can smell on skin but very light.

I will say, my wraparound label bottles don't perform quite as well as my mid-vintage early 2000's bottle, however Gentleman seems to respond unusually well to overspraying. Not what you want to hear for such an expensive vintage, I'm sure, but you might try it. I'm usually a 3 sprays guy but doing 6-7 with this one drastically extends its projection and longevity.
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    I will say, my wraparound label bottles don't perform quite as well as my mid-vintage early 2000's bottle, however Gentleman seems to respond unusually well to overspraying. Not what you want to hear for such an expensive vintage, I'm sure, but you might try it. I'm usually a 3 sprays guy but doing 6-7 with this one drastically extends its projection and longevity.
    Think I’m just gonna have to give this a shot! Or many!