Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Can adding Iso-e-Super/Timberslik/Amborax to a perfume can make the perfume stronger?

Hi,

I was wondering whether adding Iso-e-Super/Timberslik/Amborax to a perfume can actually make the OTHER NOTES in the perfume be more pungent a radiant?

I am not referring to the over-whole effect of the new mix, but to the other ingredients in the formula.

Thanks

Default Re: Can adding Iso-e-Super/Timberslik/Amborax to a perfume can make the perfume stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by eric1969 View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering whether adding Iso-e-Super/Timberslik/Amborax to a perfume can actually make the OTHER NOTES in the perfume be more pungent a radiant?

I am not referring to the over-whole effect of the new mix, but to the other ingredients in the formula.

Thanks
    I’m not an expert, but I think not. Those can actually make “other notes” weaker. Because they can cover it with their own and for example because things like ambroxan act as fixative. Fixative might increase tenacity/longevity of other notes but at the same time it might likely reduce the radiance of other notes.
    I've played with ambroxan and my observation was that it was making other notes significantly weaker.

Default Re: Can adding Iso-e-Super/Timberslik/Amborax to a perfume can make the perfume stronger?

I've not found Iso-E Super to cause any notes to be punched up, except for the soft cedar of the Iso-E itself.
    It is fun to decant a little perfume and play around with how different chemicals & essentials effect them.

Banned

Adding
    Iso-e-Super, which is...sweet, slightly musky, cedar/sandalwood.
    Will make a perfume smell more like sweet, slightly musky, cedar/sandalwood.

Adding
    Timberslik, which is dry cedar wood, transparent.
    Will make a perfume smell of transparent, dry cedar wood.

Adding
    Amborax, which is dry beach wood and ambergris.
    Will make a perfume more dry beach wood and ambergris.

Depending on what is ALREADY in your formula...
    The above materials COULD result in more diffusion.

For example, if you have used noting but essential oils, then YES, the above materials will make your perfume more diffusive.
    This is because Ambroxan, Iso-E and Timbersilk are more diffusive than MOST (not all) essential oils.

In short, adding stronger, more diffusive materials to a perfume DOES
    Make give diffusive affects to all other materials within the perfume.

Adding more of something gives more of that specific effect to the entire perfume.