Code of Conduct

Default Bought Azzaro PH from eBay Vinatge and I end up getting the current

So last week I purchased a Azzaro PH , the photo was the second formula white sticker label with hexagon cap...thinking I purchase that bottle I end up getting the current formula..now I'm pissed only cause I was decieved to buy it thinking it was another formula, but the smell is incredible, I like it alot so I'm not pissed , and reading from some reviews some say the first and 3rd formula are the best one, it's a beautiful smell I may say and I will keep it, but I did message the seller and told him to post up the picture of the current bottle , I explained to him the situation but I don't think he cares anyways and I am gonna keep it ...so the next time I'll purchase and I'll make sure it's the real deal ..and I will ask if it's the one on the picture, as for Kouros I asked the seller if it's not the one on the picture I don't want ,they responded they will check for me and if not they won't send it but they shipped it neways so I hope it's the last formula with chrome shoulders I hopeScreenshot_20190806-230533.jpgthis the one I thought I bought , this the picture they displayIMG_20190810_235719.jpgand this the one I end up getting , still smell really really good regardless

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Bought Azzaro PH from eBay Vinatge and I end up getting the current

Enjoy what you have decided to keep!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yea it's a really nice smell, I wonder is the Vinatge , the first one, smells anything like this ? Or alike? What are the difference in them ? U His a real nice sharp smell

User of Toilet Water

But how much did you pay for it? A 50ml of the current on FragranceNet is currently $18.19 and that's only with the 30% off.
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    But how much did you pay for it? A 50ml of the current on FragranceNet is currently $18.19 and that's only with the 30% off.
    That's also one of the reason why I'm not really upset I paid 17.99

I just hope my Kouros is the one with chrome shoulders, before the seller sent it out we discussed the discription the seller told me if it's not the one from the picture the seller will let me know if I still wanted it , if it is , seller will ship it to me, so I'm hoping it's the seller shipped knowing it's the one I wanted, it was 55$ for that one

And I've bought older formula for the current prices before cause the seller really don't know about older and current formulas, some sellers have older version and not even know the difference, the Kouros I purchased is from the last edtion of the chrome shoulders, should be a 2007 bottle more or less

The picture you posted of the bottle you were sent is not the most recent bottle so can't be "current formula".
    The bottle you got is older than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Punkle View Post
    The picture you posted of the bottle you were sent is not the most recent bottle so can't be "current formula".
    The bottle you got is older than you think.
    Exactly. A few years.
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

It's a 2013 batch.its smells really good , wife loves it, does the batches with the white label and silver label smells better ? Like more complex and deeper?

So I've been browsing and I'm coming across alot Azzaro Flankers, has anyone has any experience with them..with Az PH NOIR, AZ PH INTENSE, AZ PH ELIXER, AZ PH LIMITED EDITON. AZ PH SUMMER EDTION AND 2014 , AZPH NIGHTTIME, AZPH AMBER FEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    It's a 2013 batch.its smells really good , wife loves it, does the batches with the white label and silver label smells better ? Like more complex and deeper?
    Everything you want to know about the history of Azzaro Pour Homme (including reformulation and comparisons) is here:-
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-pour.html?m=1

I've personally never tried any of the flankers but I believe the INTENSE version is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Punkle View Post
    Everything you want to know about the history of Azzaro Pour Homme (including reformulation and comparisons) is here:-
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-pour.html?m=1

I've personally never tried any of the flankers but I believe the INTENSE version is very good.
    I'm happy I decided to keep the bottle I recieved, so it's the 3rd bottle...I think it won't make sense for me to seek to the vintage bottle , maybe not now , but most likely I would like too down the line after reading that article of raiders of the lost scent. And yes Intense is already on my shopping cart along with Elixer

Freed from BN Institution

I'm happy I decided to keep the bottle I recieved, so it's the 3rd bottle...I think it won't make sense for me to seek to the vintage bottle , maybe not now , but most likely I would like too down the line after reading that article of raiders of the lost scent. And yes Intense is already on my shopping cart along with Elixer
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to get at least a small decant of the original formulation that way you can compare it without investing in a full bottle.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Go for silver label. From my experience white label has poor performance.

3rd formulation is nice! I own both 2nd and 3rd versions and I think the silver stick one is a bit heavier and more woody. The 3rd one is brighter, more anisic.
    You should give the EDT Intense version a try. Even the reformulated one, A nice darker azzaro. But don't confuse EDT Intense with EDP Intense (cinnammon version).

Yes, you have to be very specific with some sellers because they are either scamming or they truly don't understand why anyone would care about such "minor details."

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    3rd formulation is nice! I own both 2nd and 3rd versions and I think the silver stick one is a bit heavier and more woody. The 3rd one is brighter, more anisic.
    You should give the EDT Intense version a try. Even the reformulated one, A nice darker azzaro. But don't confuse EDT Intense with EDP Intense (cinnammon version).
    Seem the EDT version is a little more harder to find then the EDP, is it a big difference?

While sorry that you got the current one, if the price was affordable, the difference in terms of quality is luckily still quite minimal compared to the vintage.
    At least from a personal viewpoint alone, the main differences and positive additions (perhaps worth an additional price) about its vintage version being added performance and/or perhaps few more pronounced vintage style notes and ingredients.
    But again maybe only minimally justifying a certain limited and highly conditional, not unlimited price difference between the vintage and the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    While sorry that you got the current one, if the price was affordable, the difference in terms of quality is luckily still quite minimal compared to the vintage.
    At least from a personal viewpoint alone, the main differences and positive additions (perhaps worth an additional price) about its vintage version being added performance and/or perhaps few more pronounced vintage style notes and ingredients.
    But again maybe only minimally justifying a certain limited and highly conditional, not unlimited price difference between the vintage and the current one.
    I would still like to buy the vintage Azzaro pH , it's a beautiful smell..but for some reason it really don't last long on me , well then again I think about that of my colognes and it's just me mean while my wife is high off Azzaro lmao I'm a heavy sprayer

I think alot of colognes don't last on me, and the same time someone at work who is standing 3-4 feet away from is asking what cologne I'm wearing , or saying I smell good, do anyone else feel the same , that they can't smell themselves and everyone around do smell u

It's quite common that you can get anosmic to your own perfume. I used to also have this a lot, but what works for me is not spraying my neck anymore but further away from my nose (I now usually only spray my chest under my shirt, or chest and upper arm).
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I think alot of colognes don't last on me, and the same time someone at work who is standing 3-4 feet away from is asking what cologne I'm wearing , or saying I smell good, do anyone else feel the same , that they can't smell themselves and everyone around do smell u
    Yep, +1! I've got fragrance-eating skin, mostly, and it's annoying as crap. Although some vtg frags do sometimes perform okay=>good (boss#1, denim, prph, trussardi uomo, cerutti1881 a.o.).

Seem the EDT version is a little more harder to find then the EDP, is it a big difference?
    EDT intense is much more harder to find. Really different, more faithful to the original. Nothing modern as the cinnamon edp version.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    EDT intense is much more harder to find. Really different, more faithful to the original. Nothing modern as the cinnamon edp version.
    I fully agree with RCavs comments. Try to find the 1992 version of the Intense EDT, it's outstanding. New Intense EDP is a different scent ; personally, I can't stand it .

I'm not gonna but the EDP Intense, I was walking around Burlington and saw Azzaro silver black, I was so confused between Joop and that and I didn't wanna risk blind buying silver black, if it's good I'll go back and buy it this week

But I am gonna buy the vintage formula , it's not that expensive compare to what I just bought recently and I'm waiting on arrival Santos de Cartier Vinatge ..

Always be wary when you see a generic stock photo that could have been pulled from any website. You want to always see a photo of the actual bottle that you are buying with vintage.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Vintage Dunhill Edition Edt (Made In Holland Bottle)
    2. Terre d'Hermès Edt
    3. D R Harris Sandalwood Aftershave