Code of Conduct

Thread: Chanel No. 19

Basenotes Plus

Default Chanel No. 19

Iíve been into vintage for some time now and am getting more into classic feminines that are totally unisex. I have never smelled vintage No. 19. Want to get opinions on this bottle. My concern is that it is from Russia, on eBay from seller nofantazy88. About 1800 reviews with 99.4% positive (but itís well known that even sellers who sell fakes have high feedback). Itís an atomizer, whose sprayer looks to be in good condition, which makes me more confident itís not been messed with. If I did go after it Iíd make a lower offer for sure. Iíve always avoided Russia but seems like lots of people buy vintage there, seemingly without tons of fakes. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

615203E3-0ED3-40F8-9EAE-0EA2DFCE1EA2.jpg50C799E8-D22D-4703-9F06-8D3EA373D777.jpg36BD5CFA-D411-464F-89FF-4CAFF5D3E39B.jpg291A98CE-64C7-4C49-B771-E047DC10D195.jpg
    Currently wearing: Ciel Man by Amouage

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chanel No. 19

It's the real deal. The box is period-correct, too.
    On top of that, it looks unused.
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

Funky green colour. Anyway, I mostly buy russian at the moment. I can vouch for the guy (seller).
    Non IFRA Compliant & proud of it!

Freed from BN Institution

That's the exact same bottle that I have. The bottles looks genuine by the pictures although I'd be a bit cautious. I've read a number of bad deals that came from Russia.

I don't see a Batch Code listed anywhere on the box or bottle. Would this mean it's from the pre-batch code years?
    CHANEL NO 19 EDT VINTAGE.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubťpine-Acacia by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Thank you all for your info. It looked good to me too, but was worried about the Russia thing. Maybe someday I’ll take the risk if the price is right but I ended up getting a sealed bottle of the EDC from a US seller for a lot less. And it might be even older than this one.
    Currently wearing: Ciel Man by Amouage

While no expert and quite difficult to tell whether this is genuine, would still consider this one (even if from an alternative more reliable source, unless you can trust the current one) as farly unisex in its vintage version