Code of Conduct

Default Roja Dove - Amber Aoud is weak?

Title says it all, I'm currently sampling Amber Aoud (trusted seller with a big collection) and it's AMAZING... for the first hour... 2 hours in it's a skin scent. 4-6, completely gone. Is this normal? What other Roja would you recommend? I currently have Midsummer Dream and I'm ordering Creation-E extrait. Both lasted well on me and definitely out lasted Amber Aoud.

Default Re: Roja Dove - Amber Aoud is weak?

Quote Originally Posted by powerfultcp View Post
    Title says it all, I'm currently sampling Amber Aoud (trusted seller with a big collection) and it's AMAZING... for the first hour... 2 hours in it's a skin scent. 4-6, completely gone. Is this normal? What other Roja would you recommend? I currently have Midsummer Dream and I'm ordering Creation-E extrait. Both lasted well on me and definitely out lasted Amber Aoud.
    You wouldn't be the first person i've heard to wish Amber Aoud lasted a bit longer. Lovely while it's around though.
    Don't stank.
    Currently wearing: MEM by Bogue Profumo

Yeah, absolutely love AA, but wish it lasted longer too. It does go for about 5-6 though for me. My Creation E extrait lasts at least 18 hours!

My experience with Amber Aoud is completely the opposite of the OP. Longevity is excellent for 12 hours at least. One of his best, IMO. A great blend of rose, oud, amber and saffron.

I haven't worn mine in a bit, but I'm pretty sure I was getting above average projection for around 6-8 hours, although mine is an older bottle. Not all of Roja's scents are longevity and projection monsters a good number of his fragrances are subtle but have good to excellent longevity at least on my skin, which is fine for me, I'm not always looking for my fragrances to announce my arrival.

You should sample Reckless Pour Homme, as my bottle is quite potent, also Elysium PHC seems to have excellent projection and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    My experience with Amber Aoud is completely the opposite of the OP. Longevity is excellent for 12 hours at least. One of his best, IMO. A great blend of rose, oud, amber and saffron.
    I have a sneaky suspicion (or maybe hope) that come cooler weather, AA will last longer for me. I feel like I’m sweating it off in this summer heat. I’ve only had my bottle about a month, and previously in cooler weather, I only had a small sample vial to swipe from.

Basenotes Plus

I’ve sampled Amber Aoud & the other 2 several times & had the same poor results in sillage & longevity.
    Sampled the Absolue Precieux concentrations & got way better performance.
    Decided I’m gonna get the trifecta in the Absolue Precieux concentration.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue
    3.Le Monarque II/Argentium Halo De Lune/Sultanate Of Oman
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse/Au Hasard/#laislablanca
    7.Al-Khatt/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Great Britain
    10.Dhajala/Cuir Intense/Malesia
    Currently wearing: French Affair by Ex Nihilo

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    I’ve sampled Amber Aoud & the other 2 several times & had the same poor results in sillage & longevity.
    Sampled the Absolue Precieux concentrations & got way better performance.
    Decided I’m gonna get the trifecta in the Absolue Precieux concentration.
    Wow, that would be an amazing purchase that I’d love to make as well........sadly, the bank account will probably never have that much expendable money

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The few times I have tried it I got very good longevity from it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    I haven't worn mine in a bit, but I'm pretty sure I was getting above average projection for around 6-8 hours, although mine is an older bottle. Not all of Roja's scents are longevity and projection monsters a good number of his fragrances are subtle but have good to excellent longevity at least on my skin, which is fine for me, I'm not always looking for my fragrances to announce my arrival.

You should sample Reckless Pour Homme, as my bottle is quite potent, also Elysium PHC seems to have excellent projection and longevity.
    I've heard older paper labels have better performance

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Yeah, absolutely love AA, but wish it lasted longer too. It does go for about 5-6 though for me. My Creation E extrait lasts at least 18 hours!
    Same for me, Creation E extrait is insane on my skin

The 3 Aouds - Aoud, Musk Aoud and Amber Aoud - are all well known for not lasting for forever and a day. Of the 3 Amber Aoud lasts the longest between 6-8 hours on skin. It will last a week or more on clothes though. I do 1 shot center chest and problems are solved
    Currently wearing: Thé Noir 29 by Le Labo