Code of Conduct
o

Default Amouage Reflection - Authentic?

Ok, so to me, this looks authentic BUT I do find a couple of questionable things I notice, I hope you can take a look and give me your thoughts.

The medallion (bottle is laying flat on table) looks not perfectly smooth in the grooves like the bottle of Jubilation I bought from a reputable seller on ebay. Also the screen printing of "Amouage" is rather flat whereas it's noticeably more 3d on my Jubilation bottle. The cap is really nice and weighs 2 grams different from the J25 cap. Cap is magnetic and the magnet prevents capping backwards. Bottle is actually slightly different in weight but not enough to make me super concerned. Slight scuffing on the metalic sides where it fits into box bottom.

Batch code on box DOES NOT MATCH bottle

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gVWExD]

It smells nice, I have nothing to compare it to. This bottle was made in UK but the J25 was made in Oman, for reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Default Re: Amouage Reflection - Authentic?

I have a lot of experience with Amouage Reflection Man bottles from 2015 up to now - both the UK and Oman versions and did some comparisons during the last months.
    Maybe I'll start a thread about that and let you know about my experiences.

Your bottle seems legit however it's repackaged into a new box. There is no way that the sticker A11934 doesn't match the sticker on the bottom of the bottle. They have to be identical. And it's a UK made version.

Thank you for your reply. I contacted the seller, FragranceX and they’ve sent me a return label. In your option should I keep it or return it/ exchange or buy elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I have a lot of experience with Amouage Reflection Man bottles from 2015 up to now - both the UK and Oman versions and did some comparisons during the last months.
    Maybe I'll start a thread about that and let you know about my experiences.

Your bottle seems legit however it's repackaged into a new box. There is no way that the sticker A11934 doesn't match the sticker on the bottom of the bottle. They have to be identical. And it's a UK made version.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I contacted the seller, FragranceX and they’ve sent me a return label. In your option should I keep it or return it/ exchange or buy elsewhere?
    That's a good question.
    If you plan to sell it at some point you probably get problems because of the mismatched batchcodes on bottle and box.

I guess, the bottle is a 2016 UK made one. It should smell ok, but not as good as an older Oman version.
    I've had a H31... UK made one, too.
    However the newer UK versions with the longer codes are crap imho. I had two 2018 ones which were really bad.

So it depends on what you'll get in exchange.
    If you like the particular scent you've got and wouldn't sell it, then I would probably ask for a small refund for the mismatched box and keep it.
    Last edited by FragFrog; 15th August 2019 at 09:35 PM.

That's a good question.
    If you plan to sell it at some point you probably get problems because of the mismatched batchcodes on bottle and box.

I guess, the bottle is a 2016 UK made one. It should smell ok, but not as good as an older Oman version.
    I've had a H31... UK made one, too.
    However the newer UK versions with the longer codes are crap imho. I had two 2018 ones which were really bad.

So it depends on what you'll get in exchange.
    If you like the particular scent you've got and wouldn't sell it, then I would probably ask for a small refund for the mismatched box and keep it.

Smells good but doesn’t have super longevity. No plans to sell and I’m sure my options with Fx are to keep or return. There’s no way to know what I’ll get from them in exchange as they don’t offer the option.

I could return and look for a reputable seller on eBay for wich I could ask if it’s Oman or UK

Smells good but doesn’t have super longevity. No plans to sell and I’m sure my options with Fx are to keep or return. There’s no way to know what I’ll get from them in exchange as they don’t offer the option.

I could return and look for a reputable seller on eBay for wich I could ask if it’s Oman or UK
    Honestly, I would have a hard time to decide if I would prefer a 2016 UK bottle or a 2018 Oman bottle. The Oman one would be weaker and the scent would be different. As I've said, maybe I'll start a thread about this topic if anyone else is interested.
    I often read that the UK and Oman versions are the same (or should be) - but I can assure you they are clearly not. I've done a lot of A/B comparisons (blind tests) with new opened bottles.

I wouldn't risk to get a newer UK bottle, they are not worth the money.

Honestly, I would have a hard time to decide if I would prefer a 2016 UK bottle or a 2018 Oman bottle. The Oman one would be weaker and the scent would be different. As I've said, maybe I'll start a thread about this topic if anyone else is interested.
    I often read that the UK and Oman versions are the same (or should be) - but I can assure you they are clearly not. I've done a lot of A/B comparisons (blind tests) with new opened bottles.

I wouldn't risk to get a newer UK bottle, they are not worth the money.

Thank you very much for your experience, I think I’ll hang onto this even if the box doesn’t match

That's a good question.

How can I identify the batch year? I have 2 other scents, J25 and Dia that I'd like to date if possible. Both are Oman made.

Basenotes Member

How can I identify the batch year? I have 2 other scents, J25 and Dia that I'd like to date if possible. Both are Oman made.
    Hi Trever1t,
    sometime ago I sent a letter to the Amouage and asked them how their batch codes should be read.
    Here's their answer:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in Amouage, the codes that appear on the packaging are for internal tracking purposes only and have no relevance to the consumer.

Amouage fragrances are produced in either the UK or Oman and this information is on the label that is attached to the bottom of the box.

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services
    Amouage Ltd

So the real answer is:

Nobody knows how to read the batch codes of Amouage!!!
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

It looks fine to me. That sticker could be anything, like delislava mentioned, it could be the stock code for a particular company.

For Oman made Amouage fragrances since 2016, the code reads like the following:

A.....A... = 2016
    A.....B... = 2017
    A.....C... = 2018