Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Target

Default Target

Target really seems to be upping their cheapie men's fragrance game... stopped in my local one today... They now have the new Duke Cannon Proper Cologne line, they were fully stocked with the Cremo fragrance line (both solid and spray), they had their new Bigelow and Co private label brand (which I have bee surprised by how good they are), and they also had a new Every Man Jack line... they also had some kind of Pheromone cologne I forget the name of and the ever popular Olivina Bourbon Cedar... most of these were $20 or so...

Default Re: Target

Quote Originally Posted by Tol58 View Post
    Target really seems to be upping their cheapie men's fragrance game... stopped in my local one today... They now have the new Duke Cannon Proper Cologne line, they were fully stocked with the Cremo fragrance line (both solid and spray), they had their new Bigelow and Co private label brand (which I have bee surprised by how good they are), and they also had a new Every Man Jack line... they also had some kind of Pheromone cologne I forget the name of and the ever popular Olivina Bourbon Cedar... most of these were $20 or so...
    Wow! Target stores near me don't have any of those. They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    But, outside of the Olivena one, I still can't seem to find the rest (Duke, Goodfellow, etc).
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Might be worth checking out. I had a C.O. Bigelow cologne that my mother bought for me a while back, and I recall it being a very pleasant scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Might be worth checking out. I had a C.O. Bigelow cologne that my mother bought for me a while back, and I recall it being a very pleasant scent.
    I just looked it up for anyone wondering. It was "Elixir Black." And it's only $20.

I blind bought the Geranium & Cedar and the Spiced Ginger & Rum ones a little while back... hard to test the others though without ripping the seal on a new box in the store.. or trying to sniff the body wash/beard oils.... speaking of the body wash... the Kelp one seems nice if you like aquatics

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    I actually liked that line (Good Chemistry) way better than anything else I tried recently at Target.

I mistyped... the target line is called Goodfellow.. not Bigelow.. I don't know why I am constantly flip flopping those names lol

Basenotes Plus

Target was in Canada from March 5, 2013 until completely liquidated by April, 2015, along with 17,000 jobs.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

Would be interested especially in the cedar scent, being quite a long term fan of cedar fragrances in any price category

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Would be interested especially in the cedar scent, being quite a long term fan of cedar fragrances in any price category
    The cedar note is a nice one.

I only smelled the Goodefellow fragrances briefly. They're built around more interesting accords than the typical contemporary designer frag, though they are simple, one-accord creations. They don't smell cheap, though the price-per-ml puts you in a tier where it's going up against stuff like discounted Guerlain, so it's not necessarily great value from a Basenoter POV.

The ginger-rum one is a bit like a stripped-down, less mature-feeling Remy Latour Cigar.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I love cedar too and Target has a very good Method Man body wash I use...Cedar + Cypress. It has a little of a TdH feel to it but cedar prominent. I’d love a cheap cologne version of the body wash
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Tol58 View Post
    I mistyped... the target line is called Goodfellow.. not Bigelow.. I don't know why I am constantly flip flopping those names lol
    I had a feeling you got those two mixed up. Haha

Basenotes Institution

I want to smell the Cremo Body Wash, I read about it on another site. This one, Citron & Vetiver:

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Carré Blanc by The Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I want to smell the Cremo Body Wash, I read about it on another site. This one, Citron & Vetiver:

I haven't seen that Cremo scent yet but I have purchased Cedar and Cypress from Target and Meijer in the past.

I haven't seen that Cremo scent yet but I have purchased Cedar and Cypress from Target and Meijer in the past.
    So, how is the Cedar & Cypress? Tj's has a Cedar & Cypress fragrance and body wash set marked down to 7.00.

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    So, how is the Cedar & Cypress? Tj's has a Cedar & Cypress fragrance and body wash set marked down to 7.00.
    I have that gift set. It's pretty solid. Smells good, but not quite my style. I've used up the body wash but haven't used the cologne outside of a few sprays.

Cool Re: Target

Wow! Target stores near me don't have any of those. They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    But, outside of the Olivena one, I still can't seem to find the rest (Duke, Goodfellow, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    I actually liked that line (Good Chemistry) way better than anything else I tried recently at Target.
    I agree! Very good. I have the Woods but would like to go back and get the rest at some point.

I have that gift set. It's pretty solid. Smells good, but not quite my style. I've used up the body wash but haven't used the cologne outside of a few sprays.
    Ok thanks

Ok thanks
    Pretty strong on the cedar, which is nice. But, as I said, not really how I want to smell.

Pretty strong on the cedar, which is nice. But, as I said, not really how I want to smell.
    oh well bummer

It smells good but to me, but it's scent association that kind of turns me off. It reminds me of cedar chips in a pet store or mulch. So the image of that kinda of spoils my enjoyment of the smell. Weird.

It smells good but to me, but it's scent association that kind of turns me off. It reminds me of cedar chips in a pet store or mulch. So the image of that kinda of spoils my enjoyment of the smell. Weird.
    Yup, I get exactly what you mean. It's not the scent I am looking for either, but I figured for $7 it might be worth it.

For $7, I think it’s worth it. It’s a barbershop-ish cedar, so more creamy and less dry. For what it’s worth, my wife always comments on how nice the body wash smells. The fragrance has a cheap cap, if that matters to you.

I've been seeing a lot of Cremo grooming products in Marshalls & TJM recently, not the fragrances, but bodywashes, skincare, shaving etc etc. So if you like this stuff you may want to check the discounters too.

Yup, I get exactly what you mean. It's not the scent I am looking for either, but I figured for $7 it might be worth it.
    Definitely worth $7! The body wash alone is around $8 at regular retail. So basically you get a cologne for free.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

The Target in downtown Seattle doesn't have ANY fragrances because the homeless steal them all in grab-n-run looting dashes. Same with Ross and TJ Maxx in the downtown corridor. Their fragrance sections shrank or went away. Macy's on Third has all their testers under glass, and are teetering on closing their historic Bon Marché location because it's just getting too bad there to operate and they can lease the space for offices.

tl;dr, haven't tried them!
    oh look, I have a signature

I have Creemo Blue Cedar and Cypress I think it's called.. it now serves as a bathroom spray.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I have Creemo Blue Cedar and Cypress I think it's called.. it now serves as a bathroom spray.
    I actually use the majority of my cheapies like that. I spray my bedroom and my upstairs loft with them quite often.

Beyond the Goodfellow & Co. ones, I'll admit I'm not fond of what Target seems to be carrying now. I don't care for the Cremo stuff, the Every Man Jack stuff is underwhelming, and the few Duke Cannons I tried were pretty cheap-smelling.

In that regard, the Goodfellow & Co. fragrances launched by Target are actually pretty commendable, considering what they're competing against.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Beyond the Goodfellow & Co. ones, I'll admit I'm not fond of what Target seems to be carrying now. I don't care for the Cremo stuff, the Every Man Jack stuff is underwhelming, and the few Duke Cannons I tried were pretty cheap-smelling.

In that regard, the Goodfellow & Co. fragrances launched by Target are actually pretty commendable, considering what they're competing against.
    I don't know if they have (I don't think so), but if Cremo did a scent that smelled like the Forrest Blend Beard Softener that they make I would buy it for sure.