Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Target

  1. #1

    Default Target

    Target really seems to be upping their cheapie men's fragrance game... stopped in my local one today... They now have the new Duke Cannon Proper Cologne line, they were fully stocked with the Cremo fragrance line (both solid and spray), they had their new Bigelow and Co private label brand (which I have bee surprised by how good they are), and they also had a new Every Man Jack line... they also had some kind of Pheromone cologne I forget the name of and the ever popular Olivina Bourbon Cedar... most of these were $20 or so...

  2. #2
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Tol58 View Post
    Target really seems to be upping their cheapie men's fragrance game... stopped in my local one today... They now have the new Duke Cannon Proper Cologne line, they were fully stocked with the Cremo fragrance line (both solid and spray), they had their new Bigelow and Co private label brand (which I have bee surprised by how good they are), and they also had a new Every Man Jack line... they also had some kind of Pheromone cologne I forget the name of and the ever popular Olivina Bourbon Cedar... most of these were $20 or so...
    Wow! Target stores near me don't have any of those. They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    But, outside of the Olivena one, I still can't seem to find the rest (Duke, Goodfellow, etc).
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  3. #3
    Dependent Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Target

    Might be worth checking out. I had a C.O. Bigelow cologne that my mother bought for me a while back, and I recall it being a very pleasant scent.

  4. #4
    Dependent Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Might be worth checking out. I had a C.O. Bigelow cologne that my mother bought for me a while back, and I recall it being a very pleasant scent.
    I just looked it up for anyone wondering. It was "Elixir Black." And it's only $20.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Target

    I blind bought the Geranium & Cedar and the Spiced Ginger & Rum ones a little while back... hard to test the others though without ripping the seal on a new box in the store.. or trying to sniff the body wash/beard oils.... speaking of the body wash... the Kelp one seems nice if you like aquatics

  6. #6

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    I actually liked that line (Good Chemistry) way better than anything else I tried recently at Target.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Target

    I mistyped... the target line is called Goodfellow.. not Bigelow.. I don't know why I am constantly flip flopping those names lol

  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,487

    Default Re: Target

    Target was in Canada from March 5, 2013 until completely liquidated by April, 2015, along with 17,000 jobs.
    Most worn:

    Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

    Currently wearing: Baque by Slumberhouse

  9. #9

    Default Re: Target

    Would be interested especially in the cedar scent, being quite a long term fan of cedar fragrances in any price category

  10. #10

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Would be interested especially in the cedar scent, being quite a long term fan of cedar fragrances in any price category
    The cedar note is a nice one.

    I only smelled the Goodefellow fragrances briefly. They're built around more interesting accords than the typical contemporary designer frag, though they are simple, one-accord creations. They don't smell cheap, though the price-per-ml puts you in a tier where it's going up against stuff like discounted Guerlain, so it's not necessarily great value from a Basenoter POV.

    The ginger-rum one is a bit like a stripped-down, less mature-feeling Remy Latour Cigar.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  11. #11
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    4,564

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Would be interested especially in the cedar scent, being quite a long term fan of cedar fragrances in any price category
    I love cedar too and Target has a very good Method Man body wash I use...Cedar + Cypress. It has a little of a TdH feel to it but cedar prominent. I’d love a cheap cologne version of the body wash
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

  12. #12
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Tol58 View Post
    I mistyped... the target line is called Goodfellow.. not Bigelow.. I don't know why I am constantly flip flopping those names lol
    I had a feeling you got those two mixed up. Haha
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  13. #13
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36,718

    Default Re: Target

    I want to smell the Cremo Body Wash, I read about it on another site. This one, Citron & Vetiver:

    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Carré Blanc by The Zoo

  14. #14
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I want to smell the Cremo Body Wash, I read about it on another site. This one, Citron & Vetiver:

    I haven't seen that Cremo scent yet but I have purchased Cedar and Cypress from Target and Meijer in the past.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  15. #15
    Dependent dealt7faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I haven't seen that Cremo scent yet but I have purchased Cedar and Cypress from Target and Meijer in the past.
    So, how is the Cedar & Cypress? Tj's has a Cedar & Cypress fragrance and body wash set marked down to 7.00.

  16. #16
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    So, how is the Cedar & Cypress? Tj's has a Cedar & Cypress fragrance and body wash set marked down to 7.00.
    I have that gift set. It's pretty solid. Smells good, but not quite my style. I've used up the body wash but haven't used the cologne outside of a few sprays.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  17. #17
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Cool Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Wow! Target stores near me don't have any of those. They do have some generic line with offerings called Desert, Glacier, Woods, and a few others.
    But, outside of the Olivena one, I still can't seem to find the rest (Duke, Goodfellow, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    I actually liked that line (Good Chemistry) way better than anything else I tried recently at Target.
    I agree! Very good. I have the Woods but would like to go back and get the rest at some point.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  18. #18
    Dependent dealt7faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I have that gift set. It's pretty solid. Smells good, but not quite my style. I've used up the body wash but haven't used the cologne outside of a few sprays.
    Ok thanks

  19. #19
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Ok thanks
    Pretty strong on the cedar, which is nice. But, as I said, not really how I want to smell.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  20. #20
    Dependent dealt7faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Pretty strong on the cedar, which is nice. But, as I said, not really how I want to smell.
    oh well bummer

  21. #21
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    It smells good but to me, but it's scent association that kind of turns me off. It reminds me of cedar chips in a pet store or mulch. So the image of that kinda of spoils my enjoyment of the smell. Weird.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  22. #22
    Dependent dealt7faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    It smells good but to me, but it's scent association that kind of turns me off. It reminds me of cedar chips in a pet store or mulch. So the image of that kinda of spoils my enjoyment of the smell. Weird.
    Yup, I get exactly what you mean. It's not the scent I am looking for either, but I figured for $7 it might be worth it.

  23. #23
    Super Member NettyYeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    So, how is the Cedar & Cypress? Tj's has a Cedar & Cypress fragrance and body wash set marked down to 7.00.
    For $7, I think it’s worth it. It’s a barbershop-ish cedar, so more creamy and less dry. For what it’s worth, my wife always comments on how nice the body wash smells. The fragrance has a cheap cap, if that matters to you.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Target

    I've been seeing a lot of Cremo grooming products in Marshalls & TJM recently, not the fragrances, but bodywashes, skincare, shaving etc etc. So if you like this stuff you may want to check the discounters too.

  25. #25
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Yup, I get exactly what you mean. It's not the scent I am looking for either, but I figured for $7 it might be worth it.
    Definitely worth $7! The body wash alone is around $8 at regular retail. So basically you get a cologne for free.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  26. #26
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,758
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Target

    The Target in downtown Seattle doesn't have ANY fragrances because the homeless steal them all in grab-n-run looting dashes. Same with Ross and TJ Maxx in the downtown corridor. Their fragrance sections shrank or went away. Macy's on Third has all their testers under glass, and are teetering on closing their historic Bon Marché location because it's just getting too bad there to operate and they can lease the space for offices.

    tl;dr, haven't tried them!
    oh look, I have a signature

  27. #27

    Default Re: Target

    I have Creemo Blue Cedar and Cypress I think it's called.. it now serves as a bathroom spray.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

  28. #28
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I have Creemo Blue Cedar and Cypress I think it's called.. it now serves as a bathroom spray.
    I actually use the majority of my cheapies like that. I spray my bedroom and my upstairs loft with them quite often.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  29. #29

    Default Re: Target

    Beyond the Goodfellow & Co. ones, I'll admit I'm not fond of what Target seems to be carrying now. I don't care for the Cremo stuff, the Every Man Jack stuff is underwhelming, and the few Duke Cannons I tried were pretty cheap-smelling.

    In that regard, the Goodfellow & Co. fragrances launched by Target are actually pretty commendable, considering what they're competing against.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  30. #30
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Target

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Beyond the Goodfellow & Co. ones, I'll admit I'm not fond of what Target seems to be carrying now. I don't care for the Cremo stuff, the Every Man Jack stuff is underwhelming, and the few Duke Cannons I tried were pretty cheap-smelling.

    In that regard, the Goodfellow & Co. fragrances launched by Target are actually pretty commendable, considering what they're competing against.
    I don't know if they have (I don't think so), but if Cremo did a scent that smelled like the Forrest Blend Beard Softener that they make I would buy it for sure.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren




Similar Threads

  1. New Target Fragrances. Yes that Target.
    By atrac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th January 2018, 04:03 AM
  2. Target.com Buy one one 50% off
    By dealt7faux in forum Discounts and Coupon Boards
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th December 2015, 12:14 AM
  3. Targeting TARGET!
    By Rex in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19th April 2015, 02:07 PM
  4. What to get at Target?
    By buzzley in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17th December 2008, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000