Code of Conduct

Default I've stop using regular razors to double edge razors and never looked back again

IMG_20190815_014144.jpghey guys so I've been in this art of shaving lately, so what I do is with a warm towel , I put around my face for a few minutes , with the pre shaving I put it on my face , massage it in, the use shaving butter with the brush or shaving cream, I never used shaving soap but I'll be ordering that in a bit, with the razor I shave the best shave in my life.
    , I told myself ill never buy them modern type razors again, this way of shaving will leave your skin so smooth , a very close shave lol.so I'm looking into a shaving soap kitScreenshot_20190815-014503.jpgScreenshot_20190815-014503.jpgScreenshot_20190815-014816.jpgI'm thinking of buying one or two of these ..is it worth it ?the soap? Or a good shaving cream brush will do in a reg coffee mug , but that's not art..I want something nice Everytime I'm ready to shave , with style..some input will help,and guys , if u haven't tried using this style of shaving your missing out the best shave if your life

Default Re: I've stop using regular razors to double edge razors and never looked back again

I use double edge razors if I've got the time and in the mood. My favorites are Yaqi adjustable, Gillette Fatboy, Redtip and Old type. I use Feather blades most of the time. I've got brushes but almost never use them anymore.

If I'm in a hurry, two passes with a Gillette Guard and Body Shopp Maca root shave cream work out just fine.
    I always finish up a shave with some Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner.

Default Re: I've stop using regular razors to double edge razors and never looked back again

Great lineup so far-did personally experience to this point just moderate success with switching to DE, however several of these were indeed more through and mild choices at the same time, often depending on the combination between the blade, brush, soap/cream and pre-shave products chosen
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Congratulations on your wet shaving journey. A good double edge razor is a good start. Merkur makes really good ones. A regular merkur is more than enough. Avoid the fancy adjustables like futur. More settings means more learning curve. Feather blades are good but quite harsh for beginners. Id recomend the merkur blades as they are more easy to use.
    The next progression would be a straight razor. Start off with a shavette. A cheap gilette is good to experiment. Feather and merkur make high end shavettes as well.
    Fixed straights is a whole different story. Very rewarding but a whole different discussion.

Pre shave my favorite is taylor of bond street herbal preshave gel.

Creams to try...
    Tobs avacado
    Acqua di parma colonia shaving cream
    Penhaligons sartorial or castile

Soaps to try
    Creed original vetiver
    Mitchels wool fat soap
    Martin de candre

Post shave repair - a decent alum bar
    Post shave soothing - neils yard witch hazel
    Post shave mousturizing - clinique
    Post shave fragrance - endless choices...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    1. Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi
    2. Eau D'Hederin by Annick Goutal
    3. Neroli Portofino by Tom ford
    4. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens
    5. L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by Diptyque
    6. Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    7. Scandal by Roja
    8. Sublime Vanille by Creed
    9. Moon Safari by Memo
    10. Pour Homme by Paco Robanne

Quote Originally Posted by satyen View Post
    The next progression would be a straight razor. Start off with a shavette.
    You've left out the part where if one gets a shavette, it may also be wise to get a styptic pencil (or several of them).
    Cheers,
    Renato

I prefer an alum block vs a styptic pencil/stick. I always pat dry my alum block and let it sit to dry completely before storing it away.
    The Gentleman Jon block has been a good one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    I prefer an alum block vs a styptic pencil/stick. I always pat dry my alum block and let it sit to dry completely before storing it away.
    The Gentleman Jon block has been a good one for me.
    Alum works great most of the time for small nicks - I've got lots of alum blocks and crystal deodorant sticks (same thing as the alum block).
    Use a shavette though, and it's totally inadequate for all the blood flow.
    The aluminium sulphate styptic pencil works much better on the multiple big nicks.

I use both DE and cartridge. I prefer the single pass cartridge razor to the multiple pass DE razor. Though both types are fun for variety.
    Cheers,
    Renato